Rotoworld.com Forums

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these tap dances on opponent's injured players rarely end well ... stay classy. 

How about this finger Godwin!!!!???????

AB never played a game with Brady at Gillette stadium. He played 1 game with the Patriots, in Miami and then was cut the next week. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

6 targets per game he's played so far. Godwin had NOT been heavily targeted this year. 

1.  False, unless you truncate, which would be very misleading.

2.  He's played less than three games, so you're working with a very small sample.

3.  On a per-game basis, even if you give him no credit for missing time in one of the games in which he was injured, he's on pace for 107 targets this season.  That would put him around the top 25 in WR targets in an average season.  

There are reasons to be concerned with the Brown signing, but none of them appear in your post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

1.  False, unless you truncate, which would be very misleading.

2.  He's played less than three games, so you're working with a very small sample.

3.  On a per-game basis, even if you give him no credit for missing time in one of the games in which he was injured, he's on pace for 107 targets this season.  That would put him around the top 25 in WR targets in an average season.  

There are reasons to be concerned with the Brown signing, but none of them appear in your post.

What? 

He's playing at a per game pace of 105 or 106 targets. That would have put him right between Cole Beasley and Curtis Samuel last year.

For Godwin, that volume is, and I can't stress this enough, really bad!

6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

6 targets per game he's played so far. Godwin had NOT been heavily targeted this year. 

In that offense 7, 6, 7, is highly, never said heavily targeted. No one in that offense is getting consistent "heavy" targets. 

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-tam-2.php

This just feels like such such a bust scenario. Feel like it’s time to sell for whatever I can get from someone not paying much attention and going for the name. The injuries, Brady’s drop off from Winston (fantasy-wise, not real life), and now AB are just killing my buzz on this guy. 

Edited by TheForearmShiver
On 10/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

I dont think owners of AB should be confused.....

AB owners will have "set and forget" mentality with AB. Brady LOVES AB and will make it a point to target him over the likes of Evans, Godwin and Gronk. 

I witnessed, in person, at Gillette Stadium the Brady to AB connection....and boy was it smmmoooooooooovvvvv . Brady and AB was about to reach production levels of Brady to Moss but yea...that sadly couldnt continue.

Explain the witnessed in person part? There are claims that AB never played in that stadium before getting cut which would make this false. Your thoughts? Lol

Edited by BeastOfTheLeast
  • Like 1
Just now, The G Man said:

Good sell high guy? Lotta mouths to feed already. AB only gonna add another. 

Wouldnt AB just replace what Scotty Miller did yesterday?

I dunno. I think people worry about this stuff too much. Maybe he wont be the target hog he was last year but this offense is gonna be insane and turning the ball over less. This is Tom Brady. Theyre not gonna just hand off all game. He'll be fine. Probably more low end WR1/high end WR2 than we expected but otherwise solid.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wouldnt AB just replace what Scotty Miller did yesterday?

I dunno. I think people worry about this stuff too much. Maybe he wont be the target hog he was last year but this offense is gonna be insane and turning the ball over less. This is Tom Brady. Theyre not gonna just hand off all game. He'll be fine. Probably more low end WR1/high end WR2 than we expected but otherwise solid.

I was listening to some podcasts re: TB WR situation with AB in the mix. The consensus seems to be that Godwin will still keep his role, taking short intermediate passes in the slot. AB will most likely be lined up wide, which would definitely hurt Evans more than Godwin.

Just now, jpark211 said:

I was listening to some podcasts re: TB WR situation with AB in the mix. The consensus seems to be that Godwin will still keep his role, taking short intermediate passes in the slot. AB will most likely be lined up wide, which would definitely hurt Evans more than Godwin.

Yep. His top end might be lower some weeks but he's going to be a good play regardless. Another thing that I noted here is that they threw the ball a lot and even after they didn't need to. If they are going to rub it in people's noses and flaunt all the weapons they have on a regular basis then all bets are off. He could easily be a top 7 or 8 WR going forward. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

This my thoughts exactly, Godwin should stay in the slot with those 2 on the outsides. 

I mean as a defense how in the world do you defend that ?

Btw guys no here is mentioning Scotty Miller.... I expect AB to take all his snaps and targets + some work from Gronk.

This isn't a death sentence for Godwin, but for sure hurts Mike Evans a ton. As if the dude wasn't volatile enough

Edited by RunCMC