Rotoworld.com Forums

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these tap dances on opponent's injured players rarely end well ... stay classy. 

How about this finger Godwin!!!!???????

AB never played a game with Brady at Gillette stadium. He played 1 game with the Patriots, in Miami and then was cut the next week. 

Posted Images

The Buccaneers plan to have Antonio Brown in their receiving corps for Sunday night’s game against the Saints, but it will be a few days before they know if Chris Godwin will also be in the lineup.

Godwin had surgery to repair his fractured left index finger last week and did not play against the Giants on Monday night. He took part in Wednesday’s walkthrough practice with a cast on and head coach Bruce Arians said Friday will be when the Bucs know if he’ll be able to do the job.

“We won’t know until Friday if he can catch a ball,” Arians said, via Jenna Laine of ESPN.com.

That’s a pretty significant part of a wide receiver’s job, so any question about his finger being up to the task may leave him to wait another week before returning.

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Never heard the 4-6 weeks that some are mentioning. Only the 1-2 weeks. 

Really hoping he can play this Sunday, if only to keep AB from getting too established in the offense. 

Saw it here

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30234948/source-chris-godwin-50-50-chance-play-tampa-bay-buccaneers-week-9-game-vs-new-orleans-saints

• Thanks 1

This situation is weird:

Chris Godwin (finger) was a full participant in Wednesday's walk-through practice.

Advice: That's great news, but it doesn't tell us much of anything regarding his status for Week 9 because Wednesday's session didn't involve any pass-catching. Coach Bruce Arians said we likely won't know until Friday whether Godwin can catch well enough on his broken index finger to play Sunday.

11 minutes ago, yanksman said:

To clear this up, 4-6 weeks is the recovery time for a fracture in the hand/wrist that does not get surgery. Godwin got surgery, and got metal reinforcement for his finger, which will enable him to recover faster and be functional with that finger in 1-2 weeks.

• Like 1

are you guys holding or selling? i still think he'll get his as a WR2 with WR1 upside, but just worried about Brown eating into his upside along with these injuries. [...] not sure if im overthinking Browns impact

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
2 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

To clear this up, 4-6 weeks is the recovery time for a fracture in the hand/wrist that does not get surgery. Godwin got surgery, and got metal reinforcement for his finger, which will enable him to recover faster and be functional with that finger in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks doc!

;)

• Haha 1

This update is from overnight last night. Today's update still to come. Hoping he gets in a full practice today (fingers crossed). 

Chris Godwin (finger) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice.

Godwin was deemed a "full" participant for Wednesday's walk-through, but he ended up getting a different designation on the injury report. Godwin is probably going to suit up against the Saints, but his status cannot be taken for granted until he gets in a "full" practice. Hopefully Friday brings clarity. With his health a question mark and Antonio Brown about to make his Bucs debut, Godwin will be a low-end WR2 if he plays against New Orleans. 

Nov 6, 2020, 12:37 AM ET

8 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

IMO this is tough to trust going off other tweets I have read. 

Bruce Arians on Chris Godwin's progress: "We know what he brings. We'll see how sore it is tomorrow. He caught the ball fine. ... I would anticipate him probably playing."

14 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

IMO this is tough to trust going off other tweets I have read. 

Bruce Arians on Chris Godwin's progress: "We know what he brings. We'll see how sore it is tomorrow. He caught the ball fine. ... I would anticipate him probably playing."

I'm not seeing it lol .. you're looking into something that just ain't there.

Seems to me both tweets suggest the obvious, he's playing. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I'm not seeing it lol .. you're looking into something that just ain't there.

Seems to me both tweets suggest the obvious, he's playing. 

"We will see how sore he is" = If its really sore not playing.                                   "I would would ANTICIPATE him PROBABLY playing" = Anticipate/probably are not 100% indicators of him playing. 

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

"We will see how sore he is" = If its really sore not playing.                                   "I would would ANTICIPATE him PROBABLY playing" = Anticipate/probably are not 100% indicators of him playing. 

200.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

Godwin decoy game incoming?

I had Godwin last year and there was a game vs. the Rams that he was a GTD with an injury and if he played the talk was decoy game.  Most sat him that had safer options but after looking it up online, he had his best stats of the year posting 12/14/172 and 2 TD's in a 55-40 win so game script was a shootout as were most bucs games last year and was with Winston's who chucked it ever chance he had.  

Edited by LouDawg