Rotoworld.com Forums

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these tap dances on opponent's injured players rarely end well ... stay classy. 

How about this finger Godwin!!!!???????

AB never played a game with Brady at Gillette stadium. He played 1 game with the Patriots, in Miami and then was cut the next week. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, LouDawg said:

I had Godwin last year and there was a game vs. the Rams that he was a GTD with an injury and if he played the talk was decoy game.  Most sat him that had safer options but after looking it up online, he had his best stats of the year posting 12/14/172 and 2 TD's in a 55-40 win so game script was a shootout as were most bucs games last year and was with Winston's who chucked it ever chance he had.  

I had Godwin last year too, if I recall correctly it was a hamstring injury for that game.  I don't have any shares this year so I can't give a real opinion, though generally speaking it'd be hard for me to bench Godwin unless I had a really solid option.  

I think Brown should help all involved. Godwin probably won't be peppered with targets but each catch should be more devastating then before. Less attention from the defense is always good with a Great QB. Brady should be slinging it 35+ times you'd think with these weapons. Screw the running game lol

• Like 1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Alright Greg, we’re going to put you on the spot. How do you expect the target share among Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, Antonio Brown and Rob Gronkowski to shake out for the rest of the season?

A. That’s not an easy one. If they stay healthy — and that’s a big if this season — I’ll go with targets in descending order just as you had it, with Godwin, Evans, Brown and then Gronkowski. If you asked me to rank by touchdowns in the final eight games, I might flip Evans ahead of Godwin and Gronkowski ahead of Brown. Brady has thrown 20 touchdown passes in the first half of the season, and if he did the same in the remaining eight games, I’d guess it’s Evans 5, Godwin 4, Gronkowski 4, Brown 3, others four total. How’s that for a specific (and potentially wildly wrong) answer? — Greg Auman

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I think Brown should help all involved. Godwin probably won't be peppered with targets but each catch should be more devastating then before. Less attention from the defense is always good with a Great QB. Brady should be slinging it 35+ times you'd think with these weapons. Screw the running game lol

I think everyone's target share takes a hit, & it might differ on a weekly basis.

However quality and value of those passes will be at an all time high. Who is the defense realistically going to cover 

Plenty of 1 v 1 opportunities on the horizon, for all the pass catchers. 

Not wishing for injuries, but all four players are injury-prone this year. Brown hasn't played a snap in a while. Gronk has all sorts of injuries from the past. Godwin has barely played this season. Evans is playing on a bum ankle.

The healthiest player will come out on top.

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Not wishing for injuries, but all four players are injury-prone this year. Brown hasn't played a snap in a while. Gronk has all sorts of injuries from the past. Godwin has barely played this season. Evans is playing on a bum ankle.

The healthiest player will come out on top.

I think this is the right answer so far in terms of who’s the WR to own second half of the season for the Bucs, but not sure why you’re lumping in AB with the rest. He’s probably in better shape than anyone given the fact that he hasn’t taken a hit in over a year. All the other guys have 8 weeks of play on their bodies—AB is coming in fresh. One reason among several why I think Godwin looks more like a low-end WR2 rest of season, and not the top 12 WR1 most people thought they were getting when they drafted him. 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:19 PM, LouDawg said:

I had Godwin last year and there was a game vs. the Rams that he was a GTD with an injury and if he played the talk was decoy game.  Most sat him that had safer options but after looking it up online, he had his best stats of the year posting 12/14/172 and 2 TD's in a 55-40 win so game script was a shootout as were most bucs games last year and was with Winston's who chucked it ever chance he had.  

Ah, I remember that game...

Good times!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin is expected to play in Week 9 against the Saints.

Advice: The Bucs go from having Jaydon Mickens and Scott Miller as their WR2 and WR3 last week to Godwin and Antonio Brown filling those roles this week. Godwin now has stiffer competition for targets but his offense should have no troubling scoring. He projects as a WR2 because of the new face in Tampa Bay while Tom Brady looks like an elite fantasy quarterback going forward.

More: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

4 minutes ago, The G Man said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin is expected to play in Week 9 against the Saints.

Advice: The Bucs go from having Jaydon Mickens and Scott Miller as their WR2 and WR3 last week to Godwin and Antonio Brown filling those roles this week. Godwin now has stiffer competition for targets but his offense should have no troubling scoring. He projects as a WR2 because of the new face in Tampa Bay while Tom Brady looks like an elite fantasy quarterback going forward.

More: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Booo

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Godwin has 1 td this season. AB is keeping him from any big game this year. So sick of hearing the coach talk about Evans and his targets. Godwin never even gets a look in the red zone. It was a good game today, but overall his ceiling is capped. 

Yea, I imagine him and AB will be pretty interchangeable between the 20’s. It’s the Gronk and Evans show in the end zone. 

12 hours ago, varock said:

Yea, I imagine him and AB will be pretty interchangeable between the 20’s. It’s the Gronk and Evans show in the end zone. 

This. His touchdown upside is all but non existent. Brady spreads the ball around way too much.

Run game decent & defense is excellent. It's a different team this year.

Godwin is basically a 5-7 reception kinda guy with 50-75 yards on the day. + a low chance at a TD

Prior to AB's arrival I would slot him as a WR2 , but now prolly an upside WR3. 

Blows ... drafted him thinking he'd be a WR1 . What can you do 

• Like 1