paulwall29

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

Did anybody else notice Godwin in the 2nd half really laboring.  Every time he went out for a pass it seemed to me like he wasn't moving very well.  Even on the short crossing patterns, dude looks like he puts his head down every time and isn't running well.  I wouldn't be surprised to read if he got banged up.

Between the injuries and the Bucs signing AB (which probably had a little to do with the injuries), this guy is a bust this year unfortunately. 5-6 receptions for 70-80 yards is not going to cut it. Has to be like the 4th or 5th read in the end zone. Probably not what people were expecting for their high-priced draft pick.

2 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Between the injuries and the Bucs signing AB (which probably had a little to do with the injuries), this guy is a bust this year unfortunately. 5-6 receptions for 70-80 yards is not going to cut it. Has to be like the 4th or 5th read in the end zone. Probably not what people were expecting for their high-priced draft pick.

Definitely not a WR1 but still think he's a solid WR2.

He's not been healthy all year. If he can start to gel with Brady, and he's had some nice performances, I expect huge numbers from him ROS. His playoff schedule is a cakewalk (MIN, ATL, DET). 

TBs defense is not the great unit we thought. Im buying all Bucs for that playoff schedule. 

I may bench him for this weekend. Risk of a low scoring game with both defenses of the Rams and Bucs. Not sure how playable any of the Bucs WRs are in a low scoring game. 

16 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

I may bench him for this weekend. Risk of a low scoring game with both defenses of the Rams and Bucs. Not sure how playable any of the Bucs WRs are in a low scoring game. 

Agreed. No clue who Ramsey will cover but the Rams are generally a tough defense for WRs. I am contemplating benching him for Cooper.

6 hours ago, yanksman said:

Agreed. No clue who Ramsey will cover but the Rams are generally a tough defense for WRs. I am contemplating benching him for Cooper.

😯 

3 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

This is about all the reason to be anywhere near optimistic. That Rams defense is great.

Bucs have a 3-headed monster @ WR . Interesting to see who if anyone goes off today.

3 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

This is about all the reason to be anywhere near optimistic. That Rams defense is great.

Man, I'd be tickled pink with that tonight!

Hell, even half of that is still a great box score!!

I know he got the TD but between Tom's inability to throw deep, AB getting tons of targets, and Evans being the red zone guy, I'm starting to think this guy is a WR3 going forward. Great playoff schedule but im not too excited to start him.

Never had a more underwhelming 10 target/16 point game. Luckily they forgot to cover him on that TD. This guy gets whatever the opposite of money touches are.

• Like 2

He was invisible for the most part.  I know he got 10 targets but they were crap, all like 5 yards out, a few of them screens. Lets face it, he salvaged his night by that td, and that td wasn't easy.  AB has really killed his ceiling.  

Half his catches were screens. I agree though. AB ruined his volume and Brady being trash reduces him to all these short routes where he catches the ball and falls forward for 5 yards.

Only 5 games left so I will take 15 point games however they come.

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

He was invisible for the most part.  I know he got 10 targets but they were crap, all like 5 yards out, a few of them screens. Lets face it, he salvaged his night by that td, and that td wasn't easy.  AB has really killed his ceiling.  

on the flipside, AB was a large reason why he scored the TD

So say someone has both AB and Godwin on their team, who do you like more rest of the season because Godwin has out scored him each week?

2 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

So say someone has both AB and Godwin on their team, who do you like more rest of the season because Godwin has out scored him each week?

I think that's the problem, we won't know.  Neither really gets many end zone looks as that is Evans and Gronk.  So it might come down to whoever scores each week.  

37 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

I have both as well and wouldnt mind if one got hurt lol. That being said, I still think Godwin is the better play because hes on the field more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dalton Gang said:

Pretty much answered your own question hah

• Like 1

The one good takeaway is he's always on the field.

Snap count around 90% + - most games . AB is hovering anywhere from 50%-80%  

What is so depressing about Godwin this year is not just the injuries but its that we're missing big games from him.  Every highly drafted receiver usually puts up a big game, but so far this year the biggest one for Godwin was like 25 points, with everything else 15 or below.  We drafted this guy because of his big game potential, not just his steady floor.  

Yea I mean the guy is obviously a bust given his ADP, but I think most owners would be happy with a WR2 at this point. Pretty debatable if that will happen.

I mean I know we are looking for the silver lining but 90% of the snaps doesn’t mean much if he spends half of it blocking for AB (who seems to run basically the same routes as Godwin) and is a complete non factor in the red zone. Brady also threw a season high in passes last night fwiw.

Fairly concerned about his “juicy” matchups in playoffs vs Lions/Falcons, because they could just get ahead and run the ball. AB seems to get more involved each week as well.

7 hours ago, Tob said:

Yeah, Brady’s eyes for AB was over the top last night and IMO was why he laid an egg. 

7 catches for 53 yards and a TD on 10 targets in laying an egg? jesus christmas #facepalm 

• Like 1