paulwall29

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

Miller is free right now because Godwin nor Mike Evans are slated to miss any games and he is 5th in the passing pecking order but if either miss any games, Miller would quickly become relevant and useful in fantasy because as stated Brady seems to love him.

I think Godwin as a talent is exceptional. As has been mentioned above, maybe this season's setup isn't as nice for him as last season's was. There are just so many unknowns. Brady is 42 and completely new to the team and system. He is coming from a system he had been a part of for almost 20 years. He and his WRs have had only a limited offseason due to COVID. Brady also has been experiencing a bit of a statistical decline the last few seasons, as is to be expected. 

On the other hand has Brady ever had a pass catching corps this talented? The only time I can remember him having wrs at his disposal comparable to Godwin and Evans? The seasons Moss played with him he had not issues getting him the ball a lot (Moss had 160 targets one season). On the other OTHER hand his final season with Moss was 11 years ago. 

13 hours ago, yossarian said:

I think Godwin as a talent is exceptional. As has been mentioned above, maybe this season's setup isn't as nice for him as last season's was. There are just so many unknowns. Brady is 42 and completely new to the team and system. He is coming from a system he had been a part of for almost 20 years. He and his WRs have had only a limited offseason due to COVID. Brady also has been experiencing a bit of a statistical decline the last few seasons, as is to be expected. 

On the other hand has Brady ever had a pass catching corps this talented? The only time I can remember him having wrs at his disposal comparable to Godwin and Evans? The seasons Moss played with him he had not issues getting him the ball a lot (Moss had 160 targets one season). On the other OTHER hand his final season with Moss was 11 years ago. 

Can't wait to see how accurate he'll be this season with WR's that can actually create massive separation compared to the garbage he had at NE.  Only exception was Edelman & Gronk, to which I'd say, always had some sort or suspension/injury that didn't allow them a full season.  

Godwin will eat, Evans will eat, Gronk may be a shell of himself but that's to be seen.
Can't wait to see how it all shakes up.

Where are people getting this hamstring injury from? I've searched google, the usual FF websites, twitter and nothing about a hamstring. The only thing I've heard is someone said they heard it on some Fantasy football podcast. I figure it'd be all over if it was a hamstring injury.

13 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Where are people getting this hamstring injury from? I've searched google, the usual FF websites, twitter and nothing about a hamstring. The only thing I've heard is someone said they heard it on some Fantasy football podcast. I figure it'd be all over if it was a hamstring injury.

Can't really find anything either.  Other than a rumor that it could be a contract thing.  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

I hope not, already getting stiffed with the Karama contract lol my top 2 picks. 

Same here buddy.  

Although I suppose there's someone out there who has Kamara and Fournette as their starting RBs. 

Edited by K197040

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Same here buddy.  

Although I suppose there's someone out there who has Kamara and Fournette as their starting RBs. 

That would be me!   I did get Murray and have scooped up Thompson but seriously 

Edited by hockeyfan77
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

That would be me!   I did get Murray and have scooped up Thompson but seriously 

Just curious...who did you get in the 2nd and 3rd?  Or 2nd and 4th.

9 hours ago, K197040 said:

Just curious...who did you get in the 2nd and 3rd?  Or 2nd and 4th.

Golladay and Ridley 

• Like 2

Who do y’all think finishes with more point in PPR, Godwin or AJ Brown? 

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Who do y’all think finishes with more point in PPR, Godwin or AJ Brown? 

God , easily

Edited by RunCMC

Just now, RunCMC said:

God 

Yeah all the Bucs hype making me nervous but I just don’t see how Godwin regresses that bad 

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah all the Bucs hype making me nervous but I just don’t see how Godwin regresses that bad 

This is the most talented slot receiver Brady will ever throw to. Giddy up

God>Prime Edelman 

• Like 1

I'm all in on Godwin!

I never targeted him in Mocks as he was going too high, but in my league draft last night Mike Evans went at 23.... and 5 picks later Godwin was still there, so snagged him at #28 (3.08) and was ecstatic. 

Here's to a beast of a year young God. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 6:53 PM, RunCMC said:

This is the most talented slot receiver Brady will ever throw to. Giddy up

God>Prime Edelman 

Think you're forgetting about Wes welker lol

Edited by dms80790

11 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Think you're forgetting about Wes welker lol

As a giants fan I will always love wes.welker 

Just now, mvttchew said:

any update on the injury?

Was it me or did Godwin look a little THICC?

Last year I don't recall him looking like he's about to explode our of his uniform. IDK what it is- he also had mysterious absences in training camp

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

any update on the injury?

Looked like a concussion. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Was it me or did Godwin look a little THICC?

Last year I don't recall him looking like he's about to explode our of his uniform. IDK what it is- he also had mysterious absences in training camp

I was thinking the same thing. He looks huge. I wonder if this will hurt his speed. But his legs and arms were way bigger than I remembered last year.

Also, hope he is ok taking a nasty helmet to helmet towards the end of the game. He didn’t come back in but the game was out of hand at that point.

Anyone seen anything of Godwin? I was watching redzone and didn’t see exactly what happen but everyone is saying head injury. However no updates anyplace and rotoworld is only saying he will be the top wr option next week. 

12 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Anyone seen anything of Godwin? I was watching redzone and didn’t see exactly what happen but everyone is saying head injury. However no updates anyplace and rotoworld is only saying he will be the top wr option next week. 

he took a helmet to helmet hit late in the game. Left the game but I didn’t see if he went to a blue tent. Game was over shortly afterwards.

I have a feeling if you owned Godwin last year and drafted him again this year, you're gonna wish Winston was still in TB lol.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I have a feeling if you owned Godwin last year and drafted him again this year, you're gonna wish Winston was still in TB lol.

Yeah, I think we are all going to hate Scotty Miller too lol.