paulwall29

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

I was scheduled to play the team with Godwin this week in my big money league.  Giddyup.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Reported that he was fine Monday/Tuesday but started to have some symptoms Wednesday. 

We will likely be without Godwin this week... and its the week he plays Carolina, of course. 

He could still play if he progresses well through the protocol.

Not a foregone conclusion just yet. 

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

I think they'll hold him out this week to be on the safe side.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

these tap dances on opponent's injured players rarely end well ... stay classy. 

Don't take my statement the wrong way.  I don't want to see anyone get concussed or injured but would obviously prefer to play my opponent without Godwin especially since he has such a great matchup. 

Edited by sjm76

Just now, sjm76 said:

Don't take my statement the wrong way.  I don't want to see anyone get concussed or injured but would obviously prefer to play my opponent without Godwin. 

understood on the injury level - but the magick foosball godz are a finicky bunch - his replacement could drop a 30 spot on you. 

gl

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Agreed with @sjm76 here. I have a hard time believing his symptoms go away soon enough for them to play him in a game they will likely win quite handedly. He would have to be fine tomorrow or maybe Friday for them to give him the go ahead imo, and after his symptoms just showing up on today, I have a hard time seeing that happen.

And I, as a Godwin owner would love for him to play too... but I just don't see it in this week's matchup. Hope I am wrong though.

Edited by next big thing cp84

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I was scheduled to play the team with Godwin this week in my big money league.  Giddyup.

me and you both brother

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

understood on the injury level - but the magick foosball godz are a finicky bunch - his replacement could drop a 30 spot on you. 

gl

Luckily my opponent wasn't able to get Scotty Miller and would have to replace him with Laviska Shenault.

Just now, sjm76 said:

Luckily my opponent wasn't able to get Scotty Miller and would have to replace him with Laviska Shenault.

i didn't mean Godwin's replacement on the Bucs, i meant Godwin's replacement for your opponent ... and, as far as ShinnnoGo, go see his thread - it's not out the question 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

26 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Agreed with @sjm76 here. I have a hard time believing his symptoms go away soon enough for them to play him in a game they will likely win quite handedly. He would have to be fine tomorrow or maybe Friday for them to give him the go ahead imo, and after his symptoms just showing up on today, I have a hard time seeing that happen.

And I, as a Godwin owner would love for him to play too... but I just don't see it in this week's matchup. Hope I am wrong though.

It's not a pulled Hammy or something ... where a team elects to play it safe.

You either go through the concussion protocol in a timely fashion & play. Or you don't.  

It's as simple as that. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i didn't mean Godwin's replacement on the Bucs, i meant Godwin's replacement for your opponent ... and, as far as ShinnnoGo, go see his thread - it's not out the question 😁

ShinGoo is the truth, I pity these fools. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

You either go through the concussion protocol in a timely fashion & play. Or you don't.  

It's a simple as that. 

Was about to say the same thing, he can't exactly tweak his concussion.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

me and you both brother

+3 , great news 

36 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

It's as simple as that. 

30 minutes ago, beerfish said:

That’s fair, and I agree with you both. I still don’t expect him to play this weekend though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Bucs defense is actually pretty good,

That's the thing that caps his ceiling a bit, or makes hitting it tougher.

Last year their run defense was stout but their pass D was atrocious.  That combined with JW's turnovers created shoot outs.

This year I think they have a better secondary. Not all games will be like New Orleans, but they won't be as exciting as last season. 

Still, Godwin is really good.  It may take a couple games, but Brady will get back to making the right reads.  I'd think that would be Godwin 7-12 times a game

51 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Jordan Reed would like a word with you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I hate when people bring up this idea that NFL teams will "take it easy" against another NFL team just because they're favored.  It's the NFL.  Every team has NFL caliber talent.  Look at the Colts/Jags this last weekend.  The Bucs are currently 0-1 and didn't look too hot last week.  I highly doubt Arians will sit Godwin because "the match-up looks good."  

If Godwin is healthy enough to go, he will go.  If he can't, then he won't.  Concussions are pretty black and white.  Once you're cleared, you're cleared.  It's not a soft tissue injury that might re-aggravate.  

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

That's the thing that caps his ceiling a bit, or makes hitting it tougher.

Last year their run defense was stout but their pass D was atrocious.  That combined with JW's turnovers created shoot outs.

This year I think they have a better secondary. Not all games will be like New Orleans, but they won't be as exciting as last season. 

Still, Godwin is really good.  It may take a couple games, but Brady will get back to making the right reads.  I'd think that would be Godwin 7-12 times a game

For sure.  I just believe that he'll get enough quality targets to offset the Winston pass fests.

Although Miller looks like a giant fly in the ointment at this point.

All I see in this thread are a lot of wishful thinking from people going up against Godwin this week. I think it’s 60/40 he plays. I don’t think the Bucs are taking anything easy no matter who the opponent is.

• Like 1

Agreed. This is up to one thing...the protocol. Let's hope he passes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

All I see in this thread are a lot of wishful thinking from people going up against Godwin this week. I think it’s 60/40 he plays. I don’t think the Bucs are taking anything easy no matter who the opponent is.

have godwin and still concerned that this frees up scotty miller smh. Hoping he passes it

Just now, gbill2004 said:

Dr. Chao thinks he'll miss multiple weeks.  

Nobody cares what that idiot thinks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1