paulwall29

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

Just now, lolcopter said:

Nobody cares what that idiot thinks

But you probably would if Dr. Chao said Godwin is a lock to play this week.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

But you probably would if Dr. Chao said Godwin is a lock to play this week.  

No, I don't care what e-celebs think about fake football. He's been wrong for years about multiple injuries

• Like 1

Just now, lolcopter said:

No, I don't care what e-celebs think about fake football. He's been wrong for years about multiple injuries

He's a former NFL team doctor.  He knows what he's talking about.  

The worst part of this is not knowing.  This could be a 1 week issue or 10.  There is no way to know.  Of course I took Godwin over Julio thinking youth, Jones much more injury prone.  Jeeez.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

The worst part of this is not knowing.  This could be a 1 week issue or 10.  There is no way to know.  Of course I took Godwin over Julio thinking youth, Jones much more injury prone.  Jeeez.

Same here. Still holding out hope that come fantasy playoff time, my faith will be rewarded.

26 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Dr. Chao thinks he'll miss multiple weeks.  

Yeah nobody cares how many weeks the Doctor is going to miss. This is the Godwin thread. 😎

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Same here. Still holding out hope that come fantasy playoff time, my faith will be rewarded.

[doing my best impersonation of Coach Mora] PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?!

Dude, I need him this week! And, if not this week, next week for sure. Otherwise, there may not be any playoffs for this ol' boy!

Hoping this part of the article holds true: "The only slim hope is if it is determined that Godwin never had head injury symptoms at all but was placed in the protocol as an extreme precaution.”

26 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Doctors make mistakes prescribing medications more frequently than most people realize. This incident doesn't somehow negate his entire medical knowledge. He's fairly accurate when looking at replays and throwing out possible injuries, and he's usually pretty conservative with the differential diagnoses he throws out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Doctors make mistakes prescribing medications more frequently than most people realize. This incident doesn't somehow negate his entire medical knowledge.

https://deadspin.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

He's fairly accurate when looking at replays and throwing out possible injuries, and he's usually pretty conservative with the differential diagnoses he throws out.

https://www.outkick.com/david-chao-md-von-miller-injury-is-bad-but-he-still-could-play-this-season/

https://brobible.com/sports/article/patrick-mahomes-knee-injury-surgery/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/rg3-rgiii-injury-report-ankle-fracture-dislocation-return-fantasy/zdeyl6wq5zhs11izyb9f7su3g

People held onto David Johnson for the entire 2017 season in part because of this fool. Godwin could very well miss multiple weeks but this guy is no oracle. He is just a shitposter trying to make a buck

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 3

Damn here I was thinking Godwin would likely be good for week 2 or at worst by week 3 and yall talkin playoffs stressing me out

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

You know there's a panic in the building when we're pulling 3 year old tweets😂

• Haha 3

He is?  Yeah that is a good sign.

10 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

At least Godwin is practicing today.  Doesn't mean he'll play but a real good sign.

Link please?

N/M, just saw the RW blurb. 

Good news indeed. 

Now, we just need him to clear the concussion protocol. 

Fingers (and toes) crossed. Really need him this weekend!

22 hours ago, lolcopter said:

His documented accuracy on injuries over the past 3 years is greater than 90%. Stop being a troll by only posting the 10% of times he’s been wrong. 

When you graduate medical school, then you should question his medical expertise. Not before.

22 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

giphy.gif

That’s it! I’ve had it with this fantasy football season! We’ve got no wins, we’ve got no luck, Chris Godwin’s head is falling off!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

His documented accuracy on injuries over the past 3 years is greater than 90%. Stop being a troll by only posting the 10% of times he’s been wrong. 

When you graduate medical school, then you should question his medical expertise. Not before.

"you can only question a doctor if you yourself are a doctor"

Eh, with most things, yes. Not everything though

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

That’s it! I’ve had it with this fantasy football season! We’ve got no wins, we’ve got no luck, Chris Godwin’s head is falling off!!

1079x719.jpeg.2569083e878d4129badc350ebc

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Coming from the guy who predicted MILLIONS of covid deaths

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Coming from the guy who predicted MILLIONS of covid deaths

I mean, there have literally been about a million Covid deaths.

• Like 2