dashoe

Peyton Barber 2020 Outlook

The point is A TEAM WANTS HIM ENOUGH TO SIGN HIM IN FA instead of waiting until after the draft. . . 🤨

Could be to the practice squad. 

I mean the word is SHOULD be. 

If he is on your fantasy team, then yikes. 

I'm going to throw the Bills, Rams, Redskins into the where does he sign pot. . 😂

56 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm going to throw the Bills, Rams, Redskins into the where does he sign pot. . 😂

I'm picking the Lions!  You heard it here first! :D

He is going to be the backup or 3rd string RB where ever he goes. I think he goes to Dallas.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:02 PM, dashoe said:

I'm going to throw the Bills, Rams, Redskins into the where does he sign pot.😂

What do I win for getting it  1/3 correct? 😂

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

That  contract number shows you that Tampa did not want him at all.

I'm just surprised he was signed this early and not during camp for even less money

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

That  contract number shows you that Tampa did not want him at all.

I'm just surprised he was signed this early and not during camp for even less money

It’s hard to imagine going lower than $600K guaranteed for two years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dashoe said:

What do I win for getting it  1/3 correct? 😂

Here's 1/3 of a like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The waters in Washington backfield are going to be very muddied. Even if he’s the backup, he’ll take touches away from Guice. 

I would think that Barber is pure depth behind Guice and AD.  Did Chris Thompson sign anywhere?  I guess if he goes, Barber could be the passing down/hurry up guy.

22 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I would think that Barber is pure depth behind Guice and AD.  Did Chris Thompson sign anywhere?  I guess if he goes, Barber could be the passing down/hurry up guy.

Thompson wont return, they signed JD Mkissick

Guice, AD, Peyton Barber, and McKissic?  I'd say that is decent depth.  Not terrible actually.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Guice, AD, Peyton Barber, and McKissic?  I'd say that is decent depth.  Not terrible actually.

Don’t forget Bryce Love

• Thanks 1

We'll see if he even makes the final roster...

Signed with cheap guarantees. They're not going to address RB in the draft, and Rivera's just exhausting his options so he can evaluate and decide come summer time. Hell, JD Mckissic got more guaranteed $ than Barber.

Peterson, Guice, Love, Barber and McKissic aren't all making the roster.

14 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

We'll see if he even makes the final roster...

Signed with cheap guarantees. They're not going to address RB in the draft, and Rivera's just exhausting his options so he can evaluate and decide come summer time. Hell, JD Mckissic got more guaranteed $ than Barber.

Peterson, Guice, Love, Barber and McKissic aren't all making the roster.

If a couple of them also play special teams they could. Peterson and Guice wouldn't. But if one of them can return and another play special teams they can make the team.

New notes from washington saying they think barber could be an every down back?

14 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

New notes from washington saying they think barber could be an every down back?

I've read the same thing said in different places recently about Bryce Love and Antonio Gibson, too.  I think that backfield will be a mess all year unless there are injuries that take players out of the competition for touches.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Trying to draw conclusions...Love is going to be odd man out - or practice squad.

AP and Barber are your cows (no bell), McKissic is the scat and the developmental toy is Gibson to spoon feed.  Gibson seems like a greater ST player too.

Edited by JAG

I think Love could become their 3rd down guy. I don't see Barber as anything other than a 3rd or 4th string early down player. I think Barber will play special teams though, which can keep him around the roster.

Barber scored twice today and saw a lot of run.  Gibson is the future but Barber could end up being relevant this season in deeper leagues.  I think he's worth a look off of waivers in standard leagues this week.

Peyton Barber just isn't that good IMO.

If I'm RB desperate and the other better options are gone I obviously take a shot, but this dude is Mr. JAG.

The Bucs last year were like a top 3 most high octane offense in the NFL and Barber couldn't stay fantasy relevant in MY FANTASY LIFE depended on it.

I tried that experiment.  If he fell into the endzone you got a salvagable 35 yard + TD game and ended close to 10 points, but when he didn't you got 3.5 points.

And I know he got 2 TDs.  I saw it too.  I just find it sooo difficult to believe that this guy scores more and consistent TDs on a team that should score almost 100 points less than the 2019 Bucs did.  I think Week 1 could be his best game of the season honestly and I believe his days are numbered until Bryce Love starts making some noise.

Before some troll does it, I am aware he was in a time share w/ Ron Jones.  But it was pretty close to a 50 / 50 split in a high octane offense with only ONE other guy.  I think this split can get up to 3 other guys in what I believe to be a very low scoring offense by year's end.  

Bottom line, if you need help shoot your shot and pray, but I'd probably look around for better options first.

Barber is what he is, which simply isn't that good. I think the league would have to be pretty deep to scrape that bottom of the barrel. I expect Barber to get phased out in favor of Love over the course of the season, though that also depends on Love too.