euphoriahbo

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

Real life:

Allen in 2020 = Top 3 MVP candidate with Stephon Diggs. Bills 12-4 record, cruise to an easy AFC East title. Allen's combined Rushing + Passing will be MVP caliber numbers without a doubt. He might not win the MVP, but he will be a top candidate, especially with the Bills projected to win 12 games.

Fantasy:

Allen in 2020 = Top 3 Fantasy QB

Josh Allen is the secret to winning your Fantasy Football league in 2020, very much like Patrick Mahomes in 2018. If you wait on QB, and steal Josh Allen for good value, you have a huge leg up in your league. Reap the benefits of a Top 3 QB with a late round pick, while focusing on RB/WR/TE early in drafts.

• Like 2

This man is slamming the Kool-Aid.

Josh showed last year that he has a long way to go. Top 3 fantasy is his complete realized upside. I think he settles in around 6-7.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

This man is slamming the Kool-Aid.

Josh showed last year that he has a long way to go. Top 3 fantasy is his complete realized upside. I think he settles in around 6-7.

Allen was QB6 without Diggs and with 9 brand new starters on Offense.

Allen will be Top 3 QB with Diggs and with returning starters across the board on Offense.

Allen showed last year that he will be an elite franchise QB for 15 years with a true #1 receiver...which he now has. Allen's WR core held him back greatly, that is no longer the case anymore.

3 hours ago, euphoriahbo said:

Real life:

Allen in 2020 = Top 3 MVP candidate with Stephon Diggs. Bills 12-4 record, cruise to an easy AFC East title. Allen's combined Rushing + Passing will be MVP caliber numbers without a doubt. He might not win the MVP, but he will be a top candidate, especially with the Bills projected to win 12 games.

RipeUniqueFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.

8 hours ago, euphoriahbo said:

Allen was QB6 without Diggs and with 9 brand new starters on Offense.

Allen will be Top 3 QB with Diggs and with returning starters across the board on Offense.

Allen showed last year that he will be an elite franchise QB for 15 years with a true #1 receiver...which he now has. Allen's WR core held him back greatly, that is no longer the case anymore.

Definitely wasn't the WR's holding back his accuracy.

10 hours ago, euphoriahbo said:

Real life:

Fantasy:

Allen in 2020 = Top 3 Fantasy QB

Josh Allen is the secret to winning your Fantasy Football league in 2020, very much like Patrick Mahomes in 2018. If you wait on QB, and steal Josh Allen for good value, you have a huge leg up in your league. Reap the benefits of a Top 3 QB with a late round pick, while focusing on RB/WR/TE early in drafts.

Lol, clearly someone is a member of #Billsmafia. Josh Allen has a long ways to go as a player to being a real life MVP candidate (fantasy MVP, sure, that's a possibility). Also, It's Stefon not Stephon.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Definitely wasn't the WR's holding back his accuracy.

Yes it was. He didn't have a #1 WR. He didn't have any WRs who could make a contested catch.

His accuracy from 1-19 yards was actually elite.

3 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Lol, clearly someone is a member of #Billsmafia. Josh Allen has a long ways to go as a player to being a real life MVP candidate (fantasy MVP, sure, that's a possibility). Also, It's Stefon not Stephon.

40 combined Touchdowns (Rushing + Passing) on a 12-4 team will likely make him an MVP candidate.

3 minutes ago, euphoriahbo said:

40 combined Touchdowns (Rushing + Passing) on a 12-4 team will likely make him an MVP candidate.

Oh ok, I forgot that a leap from 29 total TD's to 40 is a forgone conclusion. Thanks for the reminder.

I like Gardner Minshew over Josh Allen this season as a streamer. . .🤨

• Like 1

1 hour ago, euphoriahbo said:

Yes it was. He didn't have a #1 WR. He didn't have any WRs who could make a contested catch.

His accuracy from 1-19 yards was actually elite.

Where are you getting this from? Do you have a source? Or is this the eye test.

I guess we gotta call this a hype train now huh.    Personally, I think he'll put up fairly consistent points, but I think the MVP hype here is a bit much.   Not gonna go out on a limb to draft him over any other top 10 QB.   They'll still probably run a lot, and the defense keeps the scoring low and i dont expect that to change.  

23 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I guess we gotta call this a hype train now huh.    Personally, I think he'll put up fairly consistent points, but I think the MVP hype here is a bit much.   Not gonna go out on a limb to draft him over any other top 10 QB.   They'll still probably run a lot, and the defense keeps the scoring low and i dont expect that to change.  

He is a huge part of that running game and last I checked, rushing is great for Fantasy

Singletary averaged 5.7 YPC not because the Bills are a dominant run-blocking OL, it's because defenses have to account for Allen in the run game which opens up the RB.

Loved owning him last season but his draft price was dirt cheap. Wont be the same in 2020.

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Loved owning him last season but his draft price was dirt cheap. Wont be the same in 2020.

This, I think he is going to be too expensive this year for me... 

6 hours ago, Evincar said:

diddo.. it only takes one guy in every draft to be a fool and draft him early. I think he could have top 5 qb numbers but it’s unlikely. 

QBs historically have their biggest jumps from year 1 to year 2. Lamar Jackson, Carson wentz, Jared Geoff, Mahomes. Josh Allen falls under this umbrella so the odds are he won’t just keep getting better like he was last year and will only get a little better or possibly worse this year.

last year he was the QB6 and I don’t see him doing better without qb injuries ahead of him. Lamar Jackson, pat mahomes, deshaun Watson, kyler Murray, Russell Wilson should all be favorites to finish in front of him. Then guys like dak Prescott,Aaron Rodgers and wentz are out there with proven top 5 seasons and guys like Matt Stanford who was on fire before he got hurt when cam newton is healthy and played 16 games he’s never not finished in the top 8.

Then you have the 2nd year qb leap. It’s happened 3 years in a row now and a sophomore qb comes out to dominate I think drew lock or Danny Jones could make a lot of noise and even Jarrett stidham just cuss bill wants to show Brady up. This is where I would put my money. 

7 hours ago, Evincar said:

I’ve gotten him in 80’s in drafts so far

Imagine doubting this kid

- Tremendous work ethic

- Gamer mentality

- Winner

- Box Office

- Ferocious leader of Men

- Heart of a Lion

- Competitive spirit off the charts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, euphoriahbo said:

- Tremendous work ethic

- Gamer mentality

- Winner

- Box Office

- Heart of a Lion

Fantasy Points Awarded for Leadership and Work Ethic = 0

We already know you've got Josh Allen in the 1st, tell us more about your 2nd round pick Frank Gore and 3rd Rounder Adam Vinatieri. 

I've been trolled you got me man. 

For those wondering, listening to the guy in this thread is literally like hearing everyone in this damn city talk about Josh as if any of those intangible factors make him more accurate.

21 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

For those wondering, listening to the guy in this thread is literally like hearing everyone in this damn city talk about Josh as if any of those intangible factors make him more accurate.

Stefon Diggs + Allen's work ethic and love for the game will make him more accurate. What, you think he's reached his ceiling after 2 years in the NFL? Think again.

He's going to win a couple Super Bowls before his career ends, and those Intangibles will be key to that happening.

Stefon Diggs + Allen's work ethic and love for the game will make him more accurate. What, you think he's reached his ceiling after 2 years in the NFL? Think again.

He's going to win a couple Super Bowls before his career ends, and those Intangibles will be key to that happening.

Let's look at it another way. Allen's issue isnt that he is an inaccurate passer, his issue is that he is not CONSISTENTLY accurate with his passes.

He doesnt make the right throw when it matters 😉

He won't even win an AFC Championship.

3 hours ago, euphoriahbo said:

- Tremendous work ethic

- Gamer mentality

- Winner

- Box Office

- Heart of a Lion

Imagine having no doubts about the only QB in the league to start 10+ games and have a completion % below 60 (this includes the likes of Mason Rudolph, Mitch Trubisky, Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick).

If your league awards fantasy points for those traits then go ahead and draft him in the top 3 rounds. Nobody is saying he won't put up good fantasy numbers, rather they are questioning whether he will be worth where you'll need to draft him after the Diggs acquisition. Personally, I have him ranked as my #6 QB but I certainly won't overdraft him because of his significant downside.