euphoriahbo

Josh Allen 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 8/20/2020 at 10:43 AM, Deuce1042 said:

Josh Allen is one of those players where the people who like him think he's way better than he really is, and the people who don't think he's way worse than he really is. Allen's not a bad QB, he's an average QB who is very talented and athletic. 

 

Hard to argue with this.

Year 3 with same offense and best weapons he has ever had..  Could be a great year for him..   If he connects on some deep balls this year he will put up some great fantasy games..  He has been pretty solid fantasy wise while being generally very poor on the deep ball.. hope he can figure that out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HeHateMe23 said:

 

Hard to argue with this.

Year 3 with same offense and best weapons he has ever had..  Could be a great year for him..   If he connects on some deep balls this year he will put up some great fantasy games..  He has been pretty solid fantasy wise while being generally very poor on the deep ball.. hope he can figure that out.

 

100%, the poster you quoted said you think he's good or bad type thing. I don't think he's good, is he bad maybe. For fantasy football he is gold. Was Jameis Winston throwing 30 interceptions fumbling 12 times and throwing 6 or 7 pick 6's good??? Hell no, but was he good for fantasy football, you better believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most Improved: QB Josh Allen

Josh Allen made several improvements last season, and from watching practices the last two weeks you can see he's making more of them this season. Allen seems to be building more chemistry with returning players like John Brown, Cole Beasley, Dawson Knox and Devin Singletary. Allen's putting in extra hours to get the timing down with new players like Stefon Diggs, Gabriel Davis and Zack Moss. Players and coaches have observed better decision-making from Allen and more confidence from the third-year quarterback.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/7-award-winners-from-2020-bills-training-camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Most Improved: QB Josh Allen

Josh Allen made several improvements last season, and from watching practices the last two weeks you can see he's making more of them this season. Allen seems to be building more chemistry with returning players like John Brown, Cole Beasley, Dawson Knox and Devin Singletary. Allen's putting in extra hours to get the timing down with new players like Stefon Diggs, Gabriel Davis and Zack Moss. Players and coaches have observed better decision-making from Allen and more confidence from the third-year quarterback.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/7-award-winners-from-2020-bills-training-camp

 

Puff piece from the Buffalo Bills team website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Who's starting this guy today? I see it's rainy and windy, but Allen can still get things done with his legs. 

If you have a solid backup like a Roethlisberger, Rodgers etc then I would seriously consider sitting Allen.  It's very windy here today.

Edited by sjm76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

If you have a solid backup like a Roethlisberger, Rodgers etc then I would seriously consider sitting Allen.  It's very windy here today.

 

Um, Josh Allen is a Must-Start every week. For the entire season.

Top 4 QB in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kp96 said:

 

Puff piece from the Buffalo Bills team website?

 

No.

Allen is really going to have an MVP type season.

Top 4 QB in Fantasy with Overall QB1 Upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

If you have a solid backup like a Roethlisberger, Rodgers etc then I would seriously consider sitting Allen.  It's very windy here today.

Thanks for the update, heavy rain and wind not worth the risk

Edited by philnutz
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.  20mp winds, with gusts up to 30.  Not good.

Just FYI - this is a good article on the effects of wind.  Anything over 15 mph starts to impact QB fantasy points.  Over 15 mph it drops points by about 12%.  Over 20 mph it is 17%.

https://towardsdatascience.com/football-weather-diving-into-the-effects-of-weather-on-nfl-qb-performance-f0edb420623d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More rushing yard for Allen this game then? I feel like last year he had some bad weather games too but still fine fantasy-wise. is there some kind of archive we can look up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Imagine being so stupid that you benched Josh Allen today.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all the people who said Baker, Darnold, and Rosen were better QBs than Allen:

 

Where you at???

 

Overall QB1 is possible for this juggernaut.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kp96 said:

Ugh.  20mp winds, with gusts up to 30.  Not good.

Just FYI - this is a good article on the effects of wind.  Anything over 15 mph starts to impact QB fantasy points.  Over 15 mph it drops points by about 12%.  Over 20 mph it is 17%.

https://towardsdatascience.com/football-weather-diving-into-the-effects-of-weather-on-nfl-qb-performance-f0edb420623d

Unless you are 6'5" 240lb stud with a howitzer for an arm... Then you just rip it right through the wind while not stiff arming smaller linebackers.

Most QBs cannot withstand the storm... Josh Allen is the storm.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoulda had another TD too, but he got a little anxious.

Gotta stop fumbling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For future references winds hardly bother this kid. He played in Wyoming which is renowned for its heavy winds and harsh weather. His senior year he played in 3 or 4 games that were blizzards with well over 20 mph winds. It’s one reason the bills loved him cuss he’s used to playing in awful conditions like buffalo in January and he has already said multiple times that the weather in buffalo doesn’t hold a candle to the Wyoming weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StevieStats said:

Unless you are 6'5" 240lb stud with a howitzer for an arm... Then you just rip it right through the wind while not stiff arming smaller linebackers.

Most QBs cannot withstand the storm... Josh Allen is the storm.

 

LOL.  I'm glad I left him in the lineup despite the wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) The Browns passed on him for Baker Manziel

2) The Giants passed on him for a running back.

3) The Jets passed on him for Scam Darnold

 

5) The Broncos passed on him for Bradley Chubb

 

 

All 4 teams made clear mistakes.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kp96 said:

 

LOL.  I'm glad I left him in the lineup despite the wind.

 

 

Set and forget the Potential Overall QB1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...