Sign in to follow this  
JE7HorseGod

Thoughts?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

12 teams, 7x7 H2H (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG and W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, OBPA), kept 4.

C- D'Arnaud

1B - Freeman

2B - L. Gurriel

3B - Rendon

SS - T. Turner

OF - Yelich, Betts, Ozuna

UTL - Machado, B. Reynolds

BN - McCutchen

SP - deGrom, Kershaw, Price, Heaney, Paxton

RP - E. Diaz, T. Watson., D. Castilo

BN -  Y. Chirinos, Stripling,  E. Pagan, C. Green

Edited by JE7HorseGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a pretty nice squad. Hopefully Paxton will be healthy and productive following the additional layoff. For a 12 team league, pretty impressive. 😃

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that's an awesome team for a 12 teamer.  Could use some SP depth but that's picking nits.  Awesome squad. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad team at all.  Yes SP might need a tweak at some point but overall you're looking good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offense and SP are super strong.  Maybe flip a bat for a closer?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Offense and SP are super strong.  Maybe flip a bat for a closer?

RP is pretty highly valued due to the K/BB and OBPA factors.

I was thinking not quite outright punt saves, but kinda halfass them by maybe picking up a couple from Diaz, Watson, and Castillo while primarily focusing on getting the rate stats from guys like Pagan and Green.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need way more bench players move some mt. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stacked man.  You've got 5 first rounders.  I see no flaws that wouldn't be fixable in free agency.

And why does rush keep calling pitchers "mt"?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Very solid assembly of talent.  The obvious suspects on your roster are evident, in addition to high upside talents Gurriel & Heaney, who are both still being a bit undervalued.  

 

Only constructive criticism would be the amount of risk your taking on within your starting rotation.  The moons would truly need to align for Price, Heaney, and Paxton to make it through a full season unscathed. Shortened season does mitigate some of the risk.  Chirinos is a solid fallback, and carries some extra helium following his improved off-season conditioning.  

 

Assume that you will stream catcher (may want to take a flyer on Isiah Kiner-Falefa should he see regular time at 3B)  

 

Enough valuable assets in tow to patchwork injuries via trade, with the presumption that free-agency/waiver wire will also offer solid solutions in a 12 teamer as well.    

 

Very impressed with your overall construction.  Guessing you will do quite well :)   

Edited by F@ndemonium
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, F@ndemonium said:

Very solid assembly of talent.  The obvious suspects on your roster are evident, in addition to high upside talents Gurriel & Heaney, who are both still being a bit undervalued.  

 

Only constructive criticism would be the amount of risk your taking on within your starting rotation.  The moons would truly need to align for Price, Heaney, and Paxton to make it through a full season unscathed. Shortened season does mitigate some of the risk.  Chirinos is a solid fallback, and carries some extra helium following his improved off-season conditioning.  

 

Assume that you will stream catcher (may want to take a flyer on Isiah Kiner-Falefa should he see regular time at 3B)  

 

Enough valuable assets in tow to patchwork injuries via trade, with the presumption that the wire will also offer solid solutions in a 12 teamer as well.    

 

Very impressed with your overall construction.  Guessing you will do quite well :)   

Much appreciated.

I agree with you on the pitching risk.  In that respect, I thought Stripling might be a decent caddy for Price's health while still putting up rate stats from the pen and if they do decide on more doubleheaders or less rest days, probably the "6th starter" so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 89Topps said:

And why does rush keep calling pitchers "mt"?

Mitt?

The puzzling nicknames are a part of the charm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Much appreciated.

I agree with you on the pitching risk.  In that respect, I thought Stripling might be a decent caddy for Price's health while still putting up rate stats from the pen and if they do decide on more doubleheaders or less rest days, probably the "6th starter" so to speak.

Stripling certainly deserves an opportunity to start (love the repertoire...intrigued by the newly modified change-up)....though the writing on the wall suggests it will not be for the Dodgers.   Los Angeles has a wealth of SP options in reserve (Gonsolin & May) and have been exploring his trade market since the Angels deal fell through.  In a swingman role he won't kill your ratios, while the potential change in scenery will only boost his value (assuming he's not shipped to a SP needy team like Colorado ;)

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.