Sign in to follow this  
lehighterp

#2 pick, who to target in 2nd/3rd round?

I assume Acuna is going first overall, so I will take Mike Trout. I'm wondering who you think I should target in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It is a points league so I was thinking going pitcher/pitcher. When I do mock drafts, the best arms available are usually Bieber and Strasburg. I am also considering taking Verlander here. Would you take these arms or snag another premium bat? Thanks in advance! Will help in Return!

I'd shy away from Verlander with the injury.

Bieber seems safe.  Could also look at Rendon, who IMHO is a value around there.

Have a look at mine?

Would probably snag another bat. If you really want a pitcher, I would probably go Biebs.

Thoughts on mine?

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'd shy away from Verlander with the injury.

Bieber seems safe.  Could also look at Rendon, who IMHO is a value around there.

Have a look at mine?

Rendon is a terrible value at this point as people are picking him as if 2019 wasn’t an outlier.

2 hours ago, lehighterp said:

I assume Acuna is going first overall, so I will take Mike Trout. I'm wondering who you think I should target in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It is a points league so I was thinking going pitcher/pitcher. When I do mock drafts, the best arms available are usually Bieber and Strasburg. I am also considering taking Verlander here. Would you take these arms or snag another premium bat? Thanks in advance! Will help in Return!

I would target Bieber. Forget Verlander and don’t target Rendon, he’s going to be a flop. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Rendon is a terrible value at this point as people are picking him as if 2019 wasn’t an outlier.

Eh.

The Nats had great lineup protection for him, which buttressed his counting stats, but I think he's in a good spot now too.

His triple slash for the past three years has been above .300/.374/.533 all three seasons.

The only question is whether you think he's ascended to that 30 HR (or whatever the commensurate number for however many games we play) power level or whether it was a fluke.

In a points league, he was the #3 ranked player, so obviously tremendous value if he is.

But if he returns to the standard of 2018, where he hit 24 HRs closer to his career norms he was the 29th best player.

So he's safe either way but a huge value if the power is legit.

Whoever is left of Acuna or Trout draft that player, and offense & offense for those two rounds and the rest of the draft. Just draft only that. 

18 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Whoever is left of Acuna or Trout draft that player, and offense & offense for those two rounds and the rest of the draft. Just draft only that. 

This is great advice. Just offense. The entire draft. No pitching. Ever. At all. This is the winning strategy. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

This is great advice. Just offense. The entire draft. No pitching. Ever. At all. This is the winning strategy. 

Never seen a Rush post before?

That's what he does.

I'd go with Bieber and another bat, myself.