Sign in to follow this  
SyNdicateZ

Dion Lewis 2020 Outlook

Signing with the Giants. Bench rider.

Guess ill make this guy part of my Dynasty league cuts..

I wonder if he even has anything significant in guarantees here.  I was a big fan a few years ago but he really JAG'd in Tennessee, its hard to think there's something here worth chasing even if Barkley misses some games. 

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Guess ill make this guy part of my Dynasty league cuts..

I'm in the same boat

Once this guy left NE he hasnt done Anything FF wise. Mostly because of lack of oppurtunity. now hes 30. .

10 minutes ago, dnorma2 said:

I'm guessing he will be a hot add and someone who needs to be discussed here ..

Any breathing starting RB is worth an add. Going to be costly in FAAB

Saw that Dion is on the Giants and I am really excited for him.  He was awesome.  Just watched some 2015-17 highlights...dude was a baller....straight UP baller.  Best GL back in the game.  Bar none.  Tell me that I am wrong.

I'm sure he has lost the swag, the wiggle, and the speed so..I am not sure what is left of this guy.  He was stout and strong.  If he has any of that left in him, he could be a sneaky a** good player for the Giants and a ffb team. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat

My plan is to put in cheap bids for both Lewis and Gallman and see what happens. I think it'll be a RBBC and that offense isn't good enough for that in fantasy. I wouldn't mind owning one of them for a week though to just see what happens. 

Edited by owenmills

I would like to believe that Lewis can provide end of career Kevin Faulk like numbees, which was not that bad.  Not enough to win week to week

dude straight up destroyed me in fantasy finals that one year on the patriots. think talent is there, not sure about opportunity. 

15 minutes ago, brosephd said:

dude straight up destroyed me in fantasy finals that one year on the patriots. think talent is there, not sure about opportunity. 

Talent is there but not the system/scheme. Sadly 

Patriots knew how to use Dion. Dion was amazing. As soon as he left he was not to be heard from again. The End.

• Like 1

I still may waste a waiver on him but yeah, I'm having flashbacks of Shane Vereen as a NYG. Flexible when you have bye weeks but he's not gonna be what he was in New England. Gallman will be active and in the mix. Freeman worked out there yesterday too. Meh.

15 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Talent is there but not the system/scheme. Sadly 

Patriots knew how to use Dion. Dion was amazing. As soon as he left he was not to be heard from again. The End.

Giants sign Freemason. 

cut Dion. 

Hoodie calls 📞 

back in baby's arms with the rejuvenated Cam. 

Sony cut. 

Burkhead gonna Burkhead. 

Harris underwhelms. 

White do whut he do.

Taylor relegated. 

Dion is happy. 

magick foosball bounty would be respectable. 

/fin. 

• Haha 1

Think this is legit?  Lewis looking like a good ppr play for week three at least.

Dion Lewis 'the best bet to be the Giants' top running back'

by Brendan Tuma | Giants Correspondent | Wed, Sep 23rd 10:14am EDT

Jordan Raanan of ESPN writes that Dion Lewis

is "the best bet to be the Giants' top running back with Saquon Barkley out for the season." (ESPN)

Fantasy Impact:

Ranaan is a very plugged in beat reporter who compares Lewis' potential role to that of James White's in New England, but with a "slightly bigger workload." The Giants signed Devonta Freeman on Tuesday night but he's learning a new scheme on the fly. Meanwhile, New York has been a pass-heavy team so far this season, which is good news for Lewis' skillset. This might ultimately come down to a RBBC, but Lewis at least needs to be rostered everywhere until we see how it shakes out.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/271900/dion-lewis-the-best-bet-to-be-giants-top-running-back.php

Actual article:

Under-the-radar fantasy standout: RB Dion Lewis

Get on that waiver wire and grab Lewis. ASAP. Even if the Giants do sign Devonta Freeman, Lewis is going to play a substantial role. Imagine a plus version of James White in New England with a slightly bigger workload. The Giants trust Lewis in pass protection, and he catches the ball well out of the backfield. They aren't afraid to run Lewis on some early downs, either. He is the best bet to be the Giants' top running back with Saquon Barkley out for the season. -- Jordan Raanan

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29938681/week-3-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-surprise-early-fantasy-finds

I'm wondering if there anything to see here as well. I picked Dion up after he cleared waivers this morning.

The Devonta Freeman thread is going nuts from the beat writers blurb as if Dion is only good for week 3 while Freeman is brought up to speed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

I'm wondering if there anything to see here as well. I picked Dion up after he cleared waivers this morning.

The Devonta Freeman thread is going nuts from the beat writers blurb as if Dion is only good for week 3 while Freeman is brought up to speed.

There is def something to see  - he's free for those of us who grabbed him and under the radar. Everyone went for the shiny object in freeman. 

Lewis has done this before in NE and is a safe bet for those in PPR leagues even once him and Freeman eventually split workload.  This is James White role with a chance at some goal line work.  I think hes at a minimum a safe flex bet for weeks3-4 until freeman gets up to speed.

I also saw the blurb early this morning and snagged Lewis for free as a result (I also got Freeman in a WW claim last night).

While I think it will be Freeman's backfield sooner rather than later (with Lewis being more of a 3rd down/COP back), I do think Lewis has some obvious short term value, and long term value as a cuff. Glad I got him until we see exactly how this is all gonna shake out.

Now you watch, knowing my luck it'll end up being Gallman who ends up with the most touches moving forward...LOL!!!

• Like 1

i think lewis has season long value in PPR and people are seriously underselling him. 

1. Freeman has to get up to speed 2.  Freeman is not immediately going to get double digit carries(he's not Leonard Fournette).  3.  Even when he's up to speed , i think lewis is secure in a pass catching role.

Lewis is gonna get major work weeks 3-4 at a minimum and will maintain a pass catching role in a team struggling for playmakers.  People forget this dude was useful on NE and useful on Tenn when he got the work.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 1

I really wanted Davis or Henderson but I already snagged McKinnon and then grabbed this guy this morning I think he's gonna emerge 

Edited by Mattmac0912

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

Now you watch, knowing my luck it'll end up being Gallman who ends up with the most touches moving forward...LOL!!!

Marshawn lynch skittles GIF - Find on GIFER

One can hope for the return of BeastMode

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

i think lewis has season long value in PPR and people are seriously underselling him. 

1. Freeman has to get up to speed 2.  Freeman is not immediately going to get double digit carries(he's not Leonard Fournette).  3.  Even when he's up to speed , i think lewis is secure in a pass catching role.

Lewis is gonna get major work weeks 3-4 at a minimum and will maintain a pass catching role in a team struggling for playmakers.  People forget this dude was useful on NE and useful on Tenn when he got the work.

Agree completely, especially when the giants offense projects as average or below with the subpar oline, there isn't much consistent week to week upside for an early down back there while we've seen Jones heavily involve Barkley in the screen game. Could chalk this up to getting the ball into Saquon's hands but I think Lewis can be a seasonlong flex with a few RB2 weeks mixed in when he finds pay dirt. 

• Like 1

Why do we keep quoting this article about Dion being the guy, published before the Giants signed Freeman? Obviously Dion was next in line at that point.