DerrickHenrysCleats

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Just lost his starting center to retirement.

Could be huge, we all know how big the loss of an offensive lineman can be, especially a 5 time pro bowler like Travis Frederick.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

About as huge as the roughly 2k yards and 9 tds, that he had in 2018 without Fredrich.  Zeke is going to eat. He is hungry, feed the man the ball. Will have a strong 2020 as I suspect he will get more involved in the pass game as we saw in 2018. 54 catches last season was the downfall. 

27 minutes ago, K197040 said:

So I guess that's good for FF?   Assuming that he recovers.   Would be a lesser risk of him re-contracting I think.

On MFL, the ranking for draft he was 3rd... and now he is ranking 17th ?? Wtf ?

It's normal ??

23 minutes ago, Tomy said:

On MFL, the ranking for draft he was 3rd... and now he is ranking 17th ?? Wtf ?

It's normal ??

That's really strange.   Unless enough people think he's got some kind of permanent lung damage.

I guess that's pretty good proof that people don't understand the virus. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

That's really strange.   Unless enough people think he's got some kind of permanent lung damage.

ADP has been so out of wack that there's no point of looking at it honestly. FFC ADP has Michael Thomas at 11 in their standard ADP. Obviously that is flat out BS.

I've been using this to gauge ADP: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/half-point-ppr-cheatsheets.php

While it is just rankings and not acutal ADP it is the average of 61 "experts" and I find it more accurately reflects ADP than any website with ADP rankings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

x2. 24 years old, no other health issues that we know of, and in better shape than 99.9% of other people. If I was a betting man I'd say he'll be perfectly fine for the start of football season. And if anything I'd be bumping players who've had it and who's teammates have had it higher, not lower on my boards. We can't say for certain with this but usually infection leads to better future immunity. Can a person become sick with the same virus twice in a short period of time? Sure. Is it likely in a healthy human? No, not really. Picking between two players, all other things equal, I'd take the player at less risk of missing 2 weeks of football.

There are some who don’t factor in Covid and potential missed time into how they value a player. I think that’s naive. This is obviously a situation that we’ve never dealt with before, but just because we haven’t doesn’t mean we have to consider it. I think it should be simple to understand that those who have recovered should be less risky to miss time again due to Covid. Could you contract again? Sure, but that’s not typically how this works, unless the virus mutates and there’s a new strain (in which case the world is likely over). Could there be permanent lung damage affecting performance ability? Yes, but that usually only would be a concern if he ended up in the hospital intimated and fighting for his life. 

From what we hear, he’s recovering at home and sounds like nothing to be worried about.

As an aside, isn’t karma a beeyatch? Dak has a party at his house and a bunch of guys were there. Zeke included. 

33 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

he's asymptomatic so there is nothing to recover from

Technically we don’t know if he’s asymptomatic. I think the report I saw was he was “feeling well” or recovering. Is the NFL doing widespread testing? I doubt it since camps haven’t even started. Guessing he had symptoms. Even so, the asymptomatic individual with a positive test is estimated to be at less than 1%. In any case, it’s June and he has ten weeks to recover so hopefully should be fine. 

There will inevitably be many positive asymptomatic players, same as the general population. As such, I don't really see how this can be taken into consideration regarding player evaluation for draft value. I will be proceeding as normal and whatever happens, happens if someone catches it during the season. Asymptomic positives would very likely still be required to quarantine. Looking forward to more information as to how that will all play out. Gonna be a weird season.

3rd overall according to yahoo.  Are guys feeling confident drafting him there?

5 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

It's as safe as it gets at that spot.  He may not win a lot of weeks but he's going to consistently give you top 12 RB finishes.   Last year, he never was outside the top 24. Only RB to do that.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

It’s the second easiest selection to make in the entire draft (after drafting second).

Its a no brainier. CMC and Barkley are in tier 1 and Zeke is all alone in tier 2. 

1 hour ago, Funkenstein said:

Im assuming you do yahoo pro leagues like myself, you can even make the case at #2 to draft Elliot over Barkley so having Elliot at #3 is a no brainer. 

In full ppr and half ppr i keep doing kamara over him when i got the no 3 overall in 2 high stakes leagues. Perhaps a mistake we shall see. I just wonder if pollard was so good in minimal touches last year we get a lacy vs starks thing where both get 14 touches per game and to keep zeke for a playoff push. 

Not sure I'd ever do Kamara over Zeke just from an injury standpoint. Didn't he come out a few games, as well as had his workload managed with Latvius for a bit? That happened to Cook, and now cook is undraftable lol. 

Kamara comes with 81 catches a year so in ppr that will play for me. He has been that every year even last year when kamara missed a few games.

Zeke is either the 2nd pick or the 3rd pick in my eyes...in my opinion his “situation” is better then Barkley’s. Barkley is the better player but Zeke situation is better imo

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I have the #2 pick, and am considering trading down to 3, just so I can pick up a better spot in round 2. 

To be able to possibly snag the last of that next tier of RB's with a slight dip in Zeke from Barkley is something to consider.

Edited by FooserX

Draft zeke with confidence at pick 3. Sure I wouldn’t take him over Barkley but he’s a solid pick 3 guy. The guys behind him are very close like Kamara and Henry but just slightly below zeke.