DerrickHenrysCleats

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Last week to trade in yahoo, not sure why you can get at this point, but worth a try. Whole team’s a dumpster fire obviously.

I'm not sure why you can either. Very philosophical. I would imagine blind faith or clairvoyance.

• Haha 1

Zeke just needed a week off. I think he will be good coming out of the break. That's all you can hope for anyway because his value is shot. Hopefully a solid RB2, but Dalton needs to get right. The schedule this year just has not been kind and it doesn't get any easier.

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of the evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

― Ezekiel 25:17

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

For the same reason any other coach gets fired mid-season a la Bill O'Brien, Dan Quinn, etc.: because he's not good and they still have a chance to win the division. The Texans and Falcons have gone something like a combined 5-2 since firing their respective coaches this year. Maybe the same could happen in Dallas since many players are already unimpressed with McCarthy according to reports and they could make a playoff push.

I don't disagree that it could spark them, but who would be your candidate to come in?  Typically mid-season firings get replaced by someone in house that is already in-tune with the system and with the players.  Very difficult to bring in someone completely new from the outside mid-season, so who is the internal candidate you would replace him with?  

• Like 1

Just now, GottaGetTheWin said:

I don't disagree that it could spark them, but who would be your candidate to come in?  Typically mid-season firings get replaced by someone in house that is already in-tune with the system and with the players.  Very difficult to bring in someone completely new from the outside mid-season, so who is the internal candidate you would replace him with? 

I don't think it happens, but I think the obvious answer for that one would be Kellen Moore.

6 hours ago, vercrazy said:

I don't think it happens, but I think the obvious answer for that one would be Kellen Moore.

Agreed, but I don't think he is looked at as a guy who can lead a team, at least not at this point.  So it goes back to my original point, the Cowboys have no one to replaced McCarthy with right now.  He won't make it past Black Monday though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Jerruh!

• Haha 2

[...] This all kinda hinges on Dalton at this point right?  Online held up against the best in the league last week so we have to feel somewhat encouraged by that.  If they repeat that level of protection with Dalton, then the Cowboys can stay competitive for the better part of these games. The def can play as bad as they want but as long as they can start sniffing the end zone a couple, maybe even three times a game then we have shot at a good day going forward.  But they've GOTTA stop throwing so much inside the redzone, which will inevitably result in turnover.  Would be so satisfying for this guy to deliver somethimg from here on out to land some chips.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Glimmer of hope:  Last year with Andy Dalton and the worst O-Line in football, Joe Mixon was the RB31 through Week 8 before turning it around with a stellar stretch after the bye, finishing as fantasy's RB4 over his final eight contests, even with the Bengals finishing with only two wins.  Cowboys have better weapons and a better O-Line (l think).

Here's to hoping Zeke finishes strong.

• Like 4

Zeke owner and trying to be optimistic but I still don't have a good feeling about this coming out of the bye. 

I'm hoping he comes back motivated and the Cowboys resemble somewhat of a football team. 

Produce like Joe Mixon end of 2019 and we will be cool... Same QB... better talent around Dalton. 

So I saw the stat line...had an eye on Gamecast, but didn't actually see the game.  How did he look? I know he got stuffed inside the 5 a couple times.  Things looking up rest of season or was this just a good game against a bad defense? 

Edited by GottaGetTheWin

Cowboys fan since the late 70s...He looked pretty good today. He was able to find the holes and gain positive yardage on most carries as well as gain some yards after contact.  He's best when he rotates a bit with Pollard to stay fresh.  This is a strange year for the Cowboys losing their quarterback and all the injuries they've had on the offensive line. Look for Zeke to bounce back next year and be back to his normal self.  

30 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

So I saw the stat line...had an eye on Gamecast, but didn't actually see the game.  How did he look? I know he got stuffed inside the 5 a couple times.  Things looking up rest of season or was this just a good game against a bad defense? 

This was the best he's looked in a while now. Was patient hitting the holes and had good vision. Could've been a monster game, as he had a chance at two goal line carries on separate drives.

• Thanks 1

Extremely encouraging. Mostly because the offense looked solid as a whole. Dalton did well to keep drives going. Arrow pointing up after this one.

• Like 1