Rotoworld.com Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

9 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I don't own Zeke anywhere (thank God) but I thought I would come in here and bring hope to those who do own him. You are going to be able to get this guy extremely cheap next season.

To be fair he's currently RB5 in PPR.

7 of 11 games over 16pts. 

Yesterday was tough and the future this year looks dim but most teams that have him should be in the playoff hunt. Just gotta scramble and hope your other players get hot.

FFB is get in the playoffs and hope to get lucky.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

I disagree that Zeke's lack of production is due to Dak, but the O line does make a difference on what some RBs can do. There are plenty of other teams that have terrible QBs (*cough*Vikings) that have elite rbs.

Maybe Zeke is just a product of the elite Dallas line over the years. 

13 minutes ago, Theschill38 said:

I disagree that Zeke's lack of production is due to Dak, but the O line does make a difference on what some RBs can do. There are plenty of other teams that have terrible QBs (*cough*Vikings) that have elite rbs.

I don’t watch enough Viking games, but including this year, Cousins has had a 97+ QB rating in 5/6 years, 67+% completions in 5/6 yrs, pacing to approach 4000yds for the 5th time in six years, pacing to top 30 TDs. He might not be the best fantasy option, but he doesn’t seem terrible. 

Zeke has had terrible QB play since Dak got hurt. Cook doesn’t have terrible QB play. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Theschill38 said:

Well Zeke did score 27.7, 22.2, 17.8, 20.5 and 23.5 the first five games of the season with Dak as the starting QB. So his numbers would disagree.

• Thanks 1

Zeke still looks like a powerful runner that can drag guys for yards. He just doesn't seem to have that same burst and quickness we saw earlier in his career.

It's a problem because power is more useful with a good line. WIth a bad line, you need burst and quickness to try and manufacture yards when you are getting no running space. Power doesn't really work when you aren't running at a decent speed and to do that you need at least some kind of hole. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Zeke still looks like a powerful runner that can drag guys for yards. He just doesn't seem to have that same burst and quickness we saw earlier in his career.

It's a problem because power is more useful with a good line. WIth a bad line, you need burst and quickness to try and manufacture yards when you are getting no running space. Power doesn't really work when you aren't running at a decent speed and to do that you need at least some kind of hole. 

So he’s a souped up Leonard Fournette now? Lol

I don't own Zeke this year but did last year.  The biggest difference I see this year compared to last year is his usage.  

Say what you want about Jason Garrett, but he rode Zeke.  There were many sets where it was run in 1st and 2nd down and screen to him on 3rd down.  That just isn't happening this year.  Part of it is Zeke's problem because he so fumbling too much.  Part of it is that there are so many weapons on this team this year that they seem to get lost in trying to keep everyone happy.

55 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

The o-line was also healthy then.

O-line >>> QB for RB production.

O line has not been healthy at all this year.  RT Collins never played.  LT Tyron Smith played a few sporadic quarters.  Martin has been in/out of lineup and now looks to be out for a while.  Even backups to those guys have been on IR so far.  Dak was the glue that was holding things together.  With Dak and a battered line the first 5 weeks, no one was the wiser.  Fantasy points evaporated the moment he was lost.  

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

O line has not been healthy at all this year.  RT Collins never played.  LT Tyron Smith played a few sporadic quarters.  Martin has been in/out of lineup and now looks to be out for a while.  Even backups to those guys have been on IR so far.  Dak was the glue that was holding things together.  With Dak and a battered line the first 5 weeks, no one was the wiser.  Fantasy points evaporated the moment he was lost.  

It was much MUCH better than it is now. Having Dak instead of Dalton prevents the defense from stacking the box but if your o-line is good stacking the box doesn't matter.

O-line >>> QB for RB production. It doesn't matter if you don't believe it. It's the truth.

31 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

It was much MUCH better than it is now. Having Dak instead of Dalton prevents the defense from stacking the box but if your o-line is good stacking the box doesn't matter.

O-line >>> QB for RB production. It doesn't matter if you don't believe it. It's the truth.

What was MUCH better than it is right now?  Are you doubling down on your statement on the health of the O line?

I'm not going to follow down the wormhole of O line importance vs QB.  Arguments can be had and I'm not convicted to recant or defend either side.  

The reason for my post is to inform that this line (the version we've known from yesteryear) was never full this year, and to argue otherwise will be foolish.  We've seen no fewer than 4LTs, 2LGs, 2C, 3RG, & 3RT this season.  Some have gone and come back.  Lately they were on the come with health again.

I will stand by my statement of once Dak was lost, FF points evaporated. 

Edited by JAG
11 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Long time Cowboys fan who has watched every game of every season, and I disagree that Zeke's demise it's just the Cowboys.  Yes their OL is horrible but at the same time I think Zeke is done, he was overworked for years and the wear has caught up with him.  Workhorse RBs tend to fall off the proverbial cliff quickly.  The contrast can't be more obvious than when Pollard gets touches and shows the burst / wiggle that Zeke is painfully lacking.

Ah man.  I ain't declaring Zeke done until the Cowboys waive him and he signs with the Jets. 😀

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, JAG said:

I will stand by my statement of once Dak was lost, FF points evaporated

Certainly hurt.

But Zeke had 21 for 103 with 2 catches and a TD just last week.

Losing Dak was a major blow.  Losing La'el Collins was a major blow.  Losing Tyron Smith was a major blow.  Losing Zack Martin is a major blow.

Hiring Mike McCarthy might be the biggest problem.  This team was unfocused and undisciplined under Garrett, but at least they liked the guy.  Now they're still undisciplined and unfocused, but McCathy's an a** who doesn't seem like he's trying that hard.  It's revealing that they showed up last week against the Vikings, after McCarthy showed some heart and personality in prep, and laid an egg against the team formerly known as the Redskins on Thanksgiving (might've been some hangover from whatever happened with one of their coaches too).

They're uninspired and inconsistent.

Zeke hasn't lost a step or power, and is still one of the best RBs in football.  But he, like the rest of the team, has lost heart.  In competitive games, he'll be fine.  

Looking ahead:

- Baltimore is a toss up next week.  Will be tough to have confidence in him, but with all the craziness the Ravens are going through he might surprise. 

- he'll be fine vs Cincy in Andy Dalton's homecoming/revenge game.  Not expecting huge numbers, but playable.

- SF will be tough.

- Philly is a crapshoot.  No telling what the stakes will be, but at least they're also a dumpster fire.

I feel ok for the Cincy game, but the others will just be a gut call.

10 hours ago, JAG said:

The reason for my post is to inform that this line (the version we've known from yesteryear) was never full this year, and to argue otherwise will be foolish.  We've seen no fewer than 4LTs, 2LGs, 2C, 3RG, & 3RT this season.  Some have gone and come back.  Lately they were on the come with health again.

I will stand by my statement of once Dak was lost, FF points evaporated. 

My apologies. Yes, the o-line was never full. Acknowledging misinterpretation. 

On 11/26/2020 at 10:21 PM, TroutFister said:

But Zeke hasn’t been a stud this year.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:38 PM, Flyman75 said:

You’re obviously jonesing for an argument, and I’m not giving you one. If you can’t see that Zeke went from stud status to not-stud status, then you can’t be helped. 

Who are the studs? When did you establish he wasn't one?

Studs score?............30pts a game in your mind? He is clearly not producing.....after week 6. 

"hasn’t been a stud this year" 

Indisputably proven wrong via statistics...........

WK OPP ATT YDS TD TAR REC YDS TD FPTS
*1 @LAR 22 96 1 4 3 31 1 27.7
*2 ATL 22 89 1 7 6 33 0 24.2
*3 @SEA 14 34 1 11 6 24 0 17.8
*4 CLE 12 54 0 8 8 71 0 22.5
*5 NYG 19 91 2 2 1 14 0 23.5
*6 ARI 12 49 0 10 8 31 0 16

The first six week of the 2020 season qualify as "this year" 

Despite his obvious RECENT struggles he's still RB5 in PPR. Being as bad as he has been on his bad weeks.....still qualifies as 1st round value.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
36 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Studs score?............30pts a game in your mind? He is clearly not producing.....after week 6. 

Despite his obvious RECENT struggles he's still RB5 in PPR. Being as bad as he has been on his bad weeks.....still qualifies as 1st round value.

Agreed.  WIill probably get burned by him.  But honestly have had him last 3 years and he keeps going downhill.  Was watching TV this morning.  Zeke had 30 runs 20 plus first two years.  In the past 2 he has 4(I think).  Reminds me of Bell with Pitt(was all about workload) not about chunk plays.  With Zeke for some reason dallas paid him and doesn't want to feature him.   

9 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Did TroutFister talk you into goading me? Lol.  

I guess if you’re season is five weeks long, you’re right. Mine is longer, though. So in my context in which he’s averaging 8.35 ppg in half PPR and broke double-digits once from weeks 6-12, you’re wrong. 

Here, I’ll compromise with you. He was a stud in weeks 1-5 when he averaged nearly 20ppg in half-PPR. He hasn’t been a stud in weeks 6-12. And btw, he lost two fumbles in week 6, which cost him a -4 in most leagues, making your 16pt total for him that week indisputably wrong. 

Edited by Flyman75
On 11/27/2020 at 4:46 PM, SadFaceHappy said:

Certainly hurt.

But Zeke had 21 for 103 with 2 catches and a TD just last week.

Losing Dak was a major blow.  Losing La'el Collins was a major blow.  Losing Tyron Smith was a major blow.  Losing Zack Martin is a major blow.

Hiring Mike McCarthy might be the biggest problem.  This team was unfocused and undisciplined under Garrett, but at least they liked the guy.  Now they're still undisciplined and unfocused, but McCathy's an a** who doesn't seem like he's trying that hard.  It's revealing that they showed up last week against the Vikings, after McCarthy showed some heart and personality in prep, and laid an egg against the team formerly known as the Redskins on Thanksgiving (might've been some hangover from whatever happened with one of their coaches too).

They're uninspired and inconsistent.

Zeke hasn't lost a step or power, and is still one of the best RBs in football.  But he, like the rest of the team, has lost heart.  In competitive games, he'll be fine.  

Looking ahead:

- Baltimore is a toss up next week.  Will be tough to have confidence in him, but with all the craziness the Ravens are going through he might surprise. 

- he'll be fine vs Cincy in Andy Dalton's homecoming/revenge game.  Not expecting huge numbers, but playable.

- SF will be tough.

- Philly is a crapshoot.  No telling what the stakes will be, but at least they're also a dumpster fire.

I feel ok for the Cincy game, but the others will just be a gut call.

I think this is the biggest factor in what has lead to Zekes "decline".  Losing Dak and the OL woes are also contributing but McCarthy is an idiot.  It was refreshing to see Zeke getting peppered with targets in the early part of the year but now that you have your back up QB(s) in you go away from the easy throws???  Makes no sense at all.

I have owned Zeke any year I could for multiple reasons, I bought this year because he already had COVID and the dude doesn't get injured.  Sadly moving forward as long as McCarthy is there he will be a fade for me.  Just look at Aaron Jones and Jaamal since he left GB, both have had much more success.  I cant believe I actually want the Clapper back in Dallas 😩.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I think this is the biggest factor in what has lead to Zekes "decline".  Losing Dak and the OL woes are also contributing but McCarthy is an idiot.  It was refreshing to see Zeke getting peppered with targets in the early part of the year but now that you have your back up QB(s) in you go away from the easy throws???  Makes no sense at all.

I have owned Zeke any year I could for multiple reasons, I bought this year because he already had COVID and the dude doesn't get injured.  Sadly moving forward as long as McCarthy is there he will be a fade for me.  Just look at Aaron Jones and Jaamal since he left GB, both have had much more success.  I cant believe I actually want the Clapper back in Dallas 😩.  

There is not doubt McCarthy is having a terrible season as HC in Dallas so far.  Im not sure I would have ever thought i'd say this, but so far, its possible his in game management is WORSE then J.Garrett's was. Pretty wild to consider.  With each passing game i watch under MM, by the end of it I simply feel like he just doesn't fit what i think Dallas needs.

BUT! Keep in mind that this has still been Kellon Moore behind the wheel of this offense. He's taken some MM advice, tweeked a few formations, etc; but no doubt this offense is running through Kellon's hands.  

As you mentioned, in the early part of the season with Dak, this offense was cooking and Zeke's targets were close to where FF owners would want them.  Then, the bottom simply fell out with Dak and this OL and they've been chasing their tail ever since.  Check down throws, especially under early pressure is honestly not an easy task for a QB.  You can also go right down the line after Dak went down and see dallas faced: AZ, WASH, PHI, PITT, MIN, WASH.  Some tough D fronts there honestly that have their ears pinned back from the first snap.  Given the state of the OL being absolutely hammered to the tune of rotating Martin to tackle, its been a true up hill battle for Kellon, the QB, and Zeke each step of the way.  

Now that all being said, go watch some Zeke film from previous years, its clear his burst has lost a step and at times i think even Pollard shows more juice to get to the second level.  Zeke is still running hard and moving the pile for hard yards, but right now he seems to be in the "take whats given" category.   I do think Kellon could do better utilizing Zeke in space, such as he did with the Zeke split out wide TD in a bunch formation vs MINN.  But overall I'm can't sit here and crucify MM or even Kellon for Zeke's woe's.  Esp in a crazy covid year with a changing staff and an OL that is running out players we shouldn't even see in week 4 of the preseason LOL.