DerrickHenrysCleats

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

So unexplosive last year. Maybe the most boring 20 touch guy. 

Yeah he did slow down a bit last year. His numbers dropped and wasn’t fun to watch.

• Haha 1

I've heard rumors that the Cowboys are planning on cutting his carries this season.

• Haha 1

I keep contemplating him at pick 3 in my 12 team .5 ppr.

I’m probably overthinking it and I’ll likely take him.

However, I just keep anticipating that Kamara might have a slightly better year than him. 

Or Dalvin Cook with Mattison as a handcuff later.

I’ll likely take Zeke though.

Percentage wise on my decision I’m: 

Zeke 60%

Kamara 30%

Cook 10%

2 minutes ago, warriorathlete21 said:

I keep contemplating him at pick 3 in my 12 team .5 ppr.

I’m probably overthinking it and I’ll likely take him.

However, I just keep anticipating that Kamara might have a slightly better year than him. 

Or Dalvin Cook with Mattison as a handcuff later.

I’ll likely take Zeke though.

Percentage wise on my decision I’m: 

Zeke 60%

Kamara 30%

Cook 10%

I would take Zeke at three for his floor. I like Kamara's ceiling better. 

Posted (edited)

yeah i am seriously scared of drafting zeke just because mccarthy is the coach...although i did hear the offensive coordinator is the same as last year....im leaning kamara...one plus about drafting zeke is he had covid already...so you dont have that risk to worry about even though if anyone on the cowboys did get sick you would likely see games postponed for a few weeks...im in .5ppr btw

Edited by Power-O

Polland seems to good not to see more time in the backfield. Especially in games they are behind and with their D, it could be more then a few. 

I'm trying to fade him this year. 

2 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

Polland seems to good not to see more time in the backfield. Especially in games they are behind and with their D, it could be more then a few. 

I'm trying to fade him this year. 

I don't see how anything short of a serious injury keeps Zeke out of the top 4 Rbs this year. I would be shocked if Zeke averages less than 20 touches/game unless this is really news. He's averaged 22.2, 25.4, and 26.8 in the last three years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zeke's a fantasy beast. 96rushyds/1td rushing and  3receptions/31recyds/1td receiving

• Like 1

Is it just me or did he look significantly better than last year? Looked a lot faster and breaking tackles on most runs, he has a shot to be the overall RB1

• Like 1

I made Zeke the highest priced pick in the history of my decade-old auction keeper league and he wasted no time justifying it. Hard to put a price on the confidence and trust be brings to the table in your lineup.

He put this stat line up in a game in which the cowboys only held the ball for 24 minutes.

How are people feeling about Zeke with the Dak injury? Obviously he would be in your lineup even if Dallas rolled out Nathan Peterman but both the floor and ceiling seem lower with Dalton

• Haha 1

Zeke should be the focal point of this offense now that Dak is hurt. I hope he brought his lunch pail because he's about to get to work. Probably overall RB1 if it isn't Cook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Heisenburg23 said:

Maybe dal gets back to running the ball more rather than so pass happy 

It may seem odd, but Elliott probably does benefit from Prescott's injury. Dalton is at least passable and the weapons Dallas have should make the offense not suck. But you don't really lean on Dalton to be the guy. You'd lean more on Elliott. Plus, Prescott won't be around to vulture those short rushing TDs.

• Like 2

There will probably be a change in usage, but at the same time Zeke was already averaging 23-24 touches a game coming into this week. So I doubt they push it much higher than 25 week after week, but maybe I’m wrong.

The more concerning point for me is that the touches will be less valuable. Keep in mind that Dallas has been averaging almost 33 points per game, only behind Green Bay and Seattle. It will just be tougher to generate those week-winning games if the offense takes a hit with Dalton. Say they go from 33 to 27 or 28 without Dak, that’s probably enough to offset a bump in usage just in terms of yardage and scoring opportunities. Personally I would value him about the same as before because of the point about Dalton not vulturing goal-line touches, so I’m not out on Zeke or anything... just think we might get more games where Dallas only scores 1 or 2 TDs and they go to someone else.

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Like 2

Time for zeke to eat and possible mvp candidate if he balls out. 

bless up dak

Nice to see Zeke has entered the Adrian Peterson "I got paid and I don't have to take ball security seriously" stage of his career.

4 lost fumbles and it's only Week 6.

I assume he cleans up the fumbles going into the next game but man the Cowboys look terrible. Possibly the worst team in the league due to injuries along with questionable play calling. 

His outlook being the focal point with Dalton under center can’t be as good as people thought moving forward.

Just now, gmoneypm said:

I assume he cleans up the fumbles going into the next game but man the Cowboys look terrible. Possibly the worst team in the league due to injuries along with questionable play calling. 

His outlook being the focal point with Dalton under center can’t be as good as people thought moving forward.

Low RB1 moving forward with his lack of use in the passing game and this lines inability to move the ball. He will be TD dependent on being a top pick, if you can sell for Kamara or another guy like CMC and can take the week off, I would

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

Their schedule is pretty easy ROS. Other than Pit and Bal they should be fine.

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

...his lack of use in the passing game...

???

How about the eight catches tonight?

• Thanks 1