DerrickHenrysCleats

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Low RB1 moving forward with his lack of use in the passing game and this lines inability to move the ball. He will be TD dependent on being a top pick, if you can sell for Kamara or another guy like CMC and can take the week off, I would

Lack of use in the passing game? 11 targets tonight not enough?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Low RB1 moving forward with his lack of use in the passing game and this lines inability to move the ball. He will be TD dependent on being a top pick, if you can sell for Kamara or another guy like CMC and can take the week off, I would

He's on pace for 90 receptions...this makes absolutely zero sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dunno. They looked terrible tonight and he still did decent. I think he's still top 3 after Kamara and Henry. When CMC and Cook come back then top 5.

With the exception of a couple weeks, the schedule is still really nice.  If he shakes off the fumbles, eats his humble pie, and holds onto the ball, we should still get enough out of him to keep our teams competitive.

Edited by CletisVanDamme
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I apologize. He had 8 receptions against a bad defense. Imagine against teams over .500 who have elite defenses and will dare Dalton to throw. Hes not getting 8 reps every game, and the TDs will be the only reason he gets back into the top 4 which will be very high and low ROS depending on the matchup. Be optimistic, but this offense is trash without Dak and an oline

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

I dunno. They looked terrible tonight and he still did decent. I think he's still top 3 after Kamara and Henry. When CMC and Cook come back then top 5.

He's definitely still top 3. He was fine especially considering he lost 4 points lol. He caught around 80 passes 2 years ago. I think it was 77 to be exact. I expect him to get past that a little with how this offense played tonight. Despite whatever that other guy is talking about lol.

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

He's definitely still top 3. He was fine especially considering he lost 4 points lol. He caught around 80 passes 2 years ago. I think it was 77 to be exact. I expect him to get past that a little with how this offense played tonight. Despite whatever that other guy is talking about lol.

Be optimistic, like I said, but he isnt a high end RB1 definite anymore. Low end with upside maybe, but you arent rolling him out there expecting 19-25 ppr pts like we could in yrs past. 

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

I apologize. He had 8 receptions against a bad defense. Imagine against teams over .500 who have elite defenses and will dare Dalton to throw. Hes not getting 8 reps every game, and the TDs will be the only reason he gets back into the top 4 which will be very high and low ROS depending on the matchup. Be optimistic, but this offense is trash without Dak and an oline

He caught 77 passes 2 years ago and 55 last year...he's a heavily used receiving back with a backup QB who likes to check down. In fact he now has 32 receptions this season alone. He's gonna be a threat to catch 10 passes every game. If that isn't obvious to you, I'm not sure what to tell you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

That was clearly because of the gameplan early, and Dalton not being familiar enough with his WR's late.  Zeke will still be valuable because of the check downs, but I wouldn't expect many 100 yd rushing games because of their o-line & the defense

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He caught 77 passes 2 years ago and 55 last year...he's a heavily used receiving back with a backup QB who likes to check down. In fact he now has 32 receptions this season alone. He's gonna be a threat to catch 10 passes every game. If that isn't obvious to you, I'm not sure what to tell you.

So high floor low ceiling RB1? Not a top 3 pick. Id much rather have Henry moving forward, Cook, Kamara, CMC, A Jones potentially or carson. He isnt getting you 30 plus pts unless for whatever reason he falls in the endzone at the 1 yd line and that's not what some drafted 1-3 for. Id also like to point out the oline zeke was behind for the past couple of years. This is the worst he's ever been behind and with Martin out it just got worse

Edited by JacobThunder15

So high floor low ceiling RB1? Not a top 3 pick. Id much rather have Henry moving forward, Cook, Kamara, CMC, A Jones potentially or carson. He isnt getting you 30 plus pts unless for whatever reason he falls in the endzone at the 1 yd line and that's not what some drafted 1-3 for

I get you...tonight has to be a bit of an outlier though.  And even then, if they just give him that gl carry instead of multiple fades from Dalton, he finishes the absolute worst of games with a decent statline.

3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

So high floor low ceiling RB1? Not a top 3 pick. Id much rather have Henry moving forward, Cook, Kamara, CMC, A Jones potentially or carson. He isnt getting you 30 plus pts unless for whatever reason he falls in the endzone at the 1 yd line and that's not what some drafted 1-3 for

That's a random guess. He'll rack up his 20-25 touches every week with plenty of receptions and still score over half the time. He fumbled twice or he scores 16 points today in full point PPR and he did next to nothing. That's what happens when you constantly have the rock. Just as he will going forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I get you...tonight has to be a bit of an outlier though.  And even then, if they just give him that gl carry instead of multiple fades from Dalton, he finishes the absolute worst of games with a decent statline.

Thats the problem though, bad offense and defense they arent running unless they are in the game. 

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

That's a random guess. He'll rack up his 20-25 touches every week with plenty of receptions and still score over half the time. He fumbled twice or he scores 16 points today in full point PPR and he did next to nothing. That's what happens when you constantly have the rock. Just as he will going forward.

20-25 touches, james robinson and mixon get that. Why is zeke better? They both are involved in the passing game. Bad oline, now bad teams. He's a low end RB1, if you want to believe otherwise then I wish the best of luck 

Thats the problem though, bad offense and defense they arent running unless they are in the game. 

Historically they do keep running and they have plenty of games remaining against division rivals in the Giants, Eagles and Football Team...they won't be in these games? Zeke doesn't come off the field in obvious passing situations and he easily cleared double digit fantasy points with 2 fumbles in a game with the worst possible gamescript for him. You're overthinking this.

• Thanks 1

The biggest risks here are two-fold:

1.  Massively decreased TD opportunity from a terrible offense. 

2.  This has never happened to Zeke, and given how bad this division is, it may not this season, but if Dallas falls out of contention it may make sense for Dallas to stop giving him 85-90% snap share and manage his workload a bit more and put him on 65-70% or so rather than wear him down in a lost season. 

Either would take a bite out of him, although I can't imagine any scenario where I'd move him lower than like RB6.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Considering the reaction on here...I think I’m buying 

Just one guy who didn't even know he was involved in the passing game lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Lack of use in the passing game?? What game were u watching?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Historically they do keep running and they have plenty of games remaining against division rivals in the Giants, Eagles and Football Team...they won't be in these games? Zeke doesn't come off the field in obvious passing situations and he easily cleared double digit fantasy points with 2 fumbles in a game with the worst possible gamescript for him. You're overthinking this.

Dont have blind faith, just because they are facing bad teams doesnt mean theyll be in any of them. Washington is actually a good defense, eagles are getting D Jax and Jeffrey back, and Daniel Jones and Dalton will be exactly how the 1st qt was tonight for both teams where both teams couldnt move. I know Dal fans are loyal, but limit your expectations. Dalton was a significant downgrade to this offense upside. 

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

The biggest risks here are two-fold:

1.  Massively decreased TD opportunity from a terrible offense. 

2.  This has never happened to Zeke, and given how bad this division is, it may not this season, but if Dallas falls out of contention it may make sense for Dallas to stop giving him 85-90% snap share and manage his workload a bit more and put him on 65-70% or so rather than wear him down in a lost season. 

Either would take a bite out of him, although I can't imagine any scenario where I'd move him lower than like RB6.

How can it become a lost season? They are still in 1st place and play those teams 5 more times lol. They'll be in it until the end. 

1 minute ago, Tomei7 said:

Lack of use in the passing game?? What game were u watching?

Read what I said after the comment, easy to jump on the bandwagon when you keep things out of context

24 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Another bad take....ur digging urself a hole.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Own no shares in Zeke but good god was that series brutal.  You’ve got one of the best RBs in the world and 1st and goal from the 2, and you throw a bunch of fades?  A high school coach would’ve gotten the TD there.  It’s not hard. Give the man the ball consecutively and take your 6 pts.  Sheesh.

• Thanks 1