• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

7 hours ago, papaphunk said:

Late in the 4th Quarter - First and Goal - Have Andy Dalton drop back and throw it 3 times - I didn't curse at my TV at all 🥵

Haha right. I think their reasoning was to get Andy Dalton some confidence going forward. Maybe it was the coaching staff trying to "punish" Zeke for his fumbles. Definitley was hard to watch until I saw the Cowboys fan crying his poor little eyes out. 

image.jpeg.8e1948eabef8a87883a7ff089bf7d75c.jpeg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

Haha right. I think their reasoning was to get Andy Dalton some confidence going forward. Maybe it was the coaching staff trying to "punish" Zeke for his fumbles. Definitley was hard to watch until I saw the Cowboys fan crying his poor little eyes out. 

image.jpeg.8e1948eabef8a87883a7ff089bf7d75c.jpeg

Not because they were down by over 2 scores with less than a Qt to go? That cant be it. Or the fact this coach has no confidence in his offense and wants to be cute 

Edited by JacobThunder15
4 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

It was one of the most head scratching conversations i've ever had lol

Id say the same thing if everything I said went over your head except for the one part I had to clarify. This offense upside will strictly depend on Daltons confidence and ability to move the ball. I hope im wrong

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Id say the same thing if everything I said went over your head except for the one part I had to clarify. This offense upside will strictly depend on Daltons confidence and ability to move the ball. I hope im wrong

Running backs that touch the ball like Zeke are basically non existent. Arguing whether he's RB1 or RB4 or the RB8 going forward is essentially pointless as it's agreed by all that he'll be very productive and touch the ball like an RB1. Go ahead and legislate his upside all you want. If he stays this busy in the passing game I think you could argue he has more upside.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Running backs that touch the ball like Zeke are basically non existent. Arguing whether he's RB1 or RB4 or the RB8 going forward is essentially pointless as it's agreed by all that he'll be very productive and touch the ball like an RB1. Go ahead and legislate his upside all you want. If he stays this busy in the passing game I think you could argue he has more upside.

Theres something I was looking for all night, an opinion and some legitimacy to your opinion. I will not beat my head to a wall any longer trying to discuss it with you

9 hours ago, yanksman said:

This guy is arguing draft capital in week 7 and "he won't score 40 ppr points in a game"

I was thinking the same thing. I forgot about the draft capital of my players a LONG time ago. And how many guys actually put up 40 PPR points? Lol. 

8 hours ago, papaphunk said:

Late in the 4th Quarter - First and Goal - Have Andy Dalton drop back and throw it 3 times - I didn't curse at my TV at all 🥵

And not just that...have Zeke stay in and pass block on all three. I have never owned Zeke, but that was baffling. 

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

And not just that...have Zeke stay in and pass block on all three. I have never owned Zeke, but that was baffling. 

they were sending 8 guys at the dude....at the end of the game it made no sense to run the ball with zeke because the passing game with dalton needs reps...i knew they were guna pass there....sucks for us but they gotta work the kinks out

5 minutes ago, Power-O said:

they were sending 8 guys at the dude....at the end of the game it made no sense to run the ball with zeke because the passing game with dalton needs reps...i knew they were guna pass there....sucks for us but they gotta work the kinks out

And that’s fine, but their best player was kept in to pass block. And there are creative ways to run the ball with a back like Zeke other than pounding him into the line. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

And that’s fine, but their best player was kept in to pass block. And there are creative ways to run the ball with a back like Zeke other than pounding him into the line. 

in that spot the back has to block...yeah a screen is an idea but its cover 0...there will be a man assigned to him so that wont work in that spot...honestly i would forget this game... they will get this worked out....zeke is the dallas offense but when they are down like yesterday its going to be tough to keep him going

2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

in that spot the back has to block...yeah a screen is an idea but its cover 0...there will be a man assigned to him so that wont work in that spot...honestly i would forget this game... they will get this worked out....zeke is the dallas offense but when they are down like yesterday its going to be tough to keep him going

Then put another back in that spot and get your best player involved in the play. But McCarthy isn’t known for his creativity. Your best player should never be relegated to pass pro in that situation. Figure out a way to make him an option to get the ball. 

11 hours ago, papaphunk said:

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand how you'd want a TD, but I think the bigger question is after what just happened to Dak, why do you have your franchise running back in the game with 3 minutes left down 4 TDs? That is inexcusable. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I forgot about the draft capital of my players a LONG time ago. And how many guys actually put up 40 PPR points? Lol. 

Mixon, Henry, Kamara, Kittle, close calls (30-40) were Mike Davis, A Jones, Mahomes, Rex Burkhead. Plenty of people have won guys their week single handedly. Zeke has contributed a safe 20 pts per game with no real boom game to think of. He's an RB1, but do you ever see him breaking away between tackles like he used to before the contract extension? Hes an RB1 because of volume, not effort. The fumbles are an example of that

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Mixon, Henry, Kamara, Kittle, close calls (30-40) were Mike Davis, A Jones, Mahomes, Rex Burkhead. Plenty of people have won guys their week single handedly. Zeke has contributed a safe 20 pts per game with no real boom game to think of. He's an RB1, but do you ever see him breaking away between tackles like he used to before the contract extension? Hes an RB1 because of volume, not effort. The fumbles are an example of that

A player that puts up 20 points a week for 5 weeks is inherently more valuable than a player that puts up 40 points one week, 10 points another, 5 points another, etc. even if both guys finish the 5 games having scored 20 points per game on average. Fantasy football is about predictability - the more certainty you have about a player’s output the better positioned you are to set a starting lineup. 

The reason Zeke is so valuable is because he has a VERY high floor. He is predictable. Compare that to guys like Mixon and (LOL) Burkhead. Most players are boom and bust which is why consistency is so amazing and why Zeke goes top 3 every year. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Then put another back in that spot and get your best player involved in the play. But McCarthy isn’t known for his creativity. Your best player should never be relegated to pass pro in that situation. Figure out a way to make him an option to get the ball. 

That's fair.

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Have you not been paying attention to Zeke his entire career?

He averages 125 yards and .67 TDs per game, and doesn't have many outliers in either direction.

He's the most consistent star RB in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

A player that puts up 20 points a week for 5 weeks is inherently more valuable than a player that puts up 40 points one week, 10 points another, 5 points another, etc. even if both guys finish the 5 games having scored 20 points per game on average. Fantasy football is about predictability - the more certainty you have about a player’s output the better positioned you are to set a starting lineup. 

The reason Zeke is so valuable is because he has a VERY high floor. He is predictable. Compare that to guys like Mixon and (LOL) Burkhead. Most players are boom and bust which is why consistency is so amazing and why Zeke goes top 3 every year. 

While I agree he is incredibly consistent, given the high games these WRs are having this year at any given moment, you need a guy with a high ceiling as well and thats why Kamara and CMC is over him. Based on fantasy outlook, Henry could also make the case by the end of the year. If you have defenses and kickers in your league as well you are having guys with 25 pts at Kicker every other week. And having an RB1, with this kinda consistency, you better have some risk somewhere else because otherwise youll be good but not great going into teams who have guys that pop off. Im not considering Burkhead, he just asked who went for 40 and I gave you who has, and thats the realm of why I dont have Zeke at 1. Burkhead should not be getting 40, but he won ppl a week having 18 more pts than Zeke that week

Edited by JacobThunder15
10 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Have you not been paying attention to Zeke his entire career?

He averages 125 yards and .67 TDs per game, and doesn't have many outliers in either direction.

He's the most consistent star RB in the NFL.

But this is fantasy. Players dont use their number 1 pick at which some people had him for their consistency. Any time you pick zeke you know, okay hes getting me 18-20 but hes not the upside of the Kamara, the CMC, saquon when hes healthy, Cook. You know what youre getting