Rotoworld.com Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

But this is fantasy. Players dont use their number 1 pick at which some people had him for their consistency. Any time you pick zeke you know, okay hes getting me 18-20 but hes not the upside of the Kamara, the CMC, saquon when hes healthy, Cook. You know what youre getting

He's also the most consistent offensive fantasy stud, besides Nuk, maybe Julio. His floor and ceiling, in essence are the same. Besides his contract year, he's always a top 5 pick. Never have to worry about injuries or duds.

And I'm going to disagree, about not having the upside of Cook or a Kamara. His 2018 season he had 77 receptions!!!!! Cook and Barkley both have had one great year that people keep chasing. Kamara was banged up last year and was not the same. CMC is banged up this year. It doesn't get much more reliable  than Zeke.

• Like 2
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

But this is fantasy. Players dont use their number 1 pick at which some people had him for their consistency. Any time you pick zeke you know, okay hes getting me 18-20 but hes not the upside of the Kamara, the CMC, saquon when hes healthy, Cook. You know what youre getting

I agree this sucks as a Elliot owner.  But besides Kamara, Henry and CMC who would you take over him??  Maybe Cook.  But Cook has injury issues.  I would still take Zeke at the 4 spot.  By far the best part about him is he has not got injured so far in his career.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

I agree this sucks as a Elliot owner.  But besides Kamara, Henry and CMC who would you take over him??  Maybe Cook.  But Cook has injury issues.  I would still take Zeke at the 4 spot.  By far the best part about him is he has not got injured so far in his career.

Based on how TEN is rolling, I wouldnt say Henry is out of this possibility and A Jones maybe getting up there with TD regression moving forward. Especially if these teams continue to move the ball. Jones is actually doing the most with his carries even with Williams on the field. Imagine if he was a zeke role 20 a game, he would be the RB1-2 on the season

On 10/19/2020 at 9:23 PM, FeastMode said:

Own no shares in Zeke but good god was that series brutal.  You’ve got one of the best RBs in the world and 1st and goal from the 2, and you throw a bunch of fades?  A high school coach would’ve gotten the TD there.  It’s not hard. Give the man the ball consecutively and take your 6 pts.  Sheesh.

They were probably afraid he would fumble again.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

While I agree he is incredibly consistent, given the high games these WRs are having this year at any given moment, you need a guy with a high ceiling as well and thats why Kamara and CMC is over him. Based on fantasy outlook, Henry could also make the case by the end of the year. If you have defenses and kickers in your league as well you are having guys with 25 pts at Kicker every other week. And having an RB1, with this kinda consistency, you better have some risk somewhere else because otherwise youll be good but not great going into teams who have guys that pop off. Im not considering Burkhead, he just asked who went for 40 and I gave you who has, and thats the realm of why I dont have Zeke at 1. Burkhead should not be getting 40, but he won ppl a week having 18 more pts than Zeke that week

Nobody drafted Zeke ahead of CMC (even though given the injury that would have been smart...). Kamara would go 1st OA if the draft happened today but MT has been out for basically the entire season so his numbers will probably drop going forward. 

The whole point is that Zeke is so consistent that he allows you to take risks on boom/bust WRs without having to worry. If you start a guy like Mixon and Justin Jefferson the same week they could combine for less than 10 points. You never really have that worry when you pair Zeke with a high upside play.

You'll always have random players spiking like crazy every week. Good luck predicting those 40 point weeks with any degree of certainty. I have no idea how that somehow take's away from Zeke's status as a top RB in the league and a consistently awesome fantasy asset.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Nobody drafted Zeke ahead of CMC (even though given the injury that would have been smart...). Kamara would go 1st OA if the draft happened today but MT has been out for basically the entire season so his numbers will probably drop going forward. 

The whole point is that Zeke is so consistent that he allows you to take risks on boom/bust WRs without having to worry. If you start a guy like Mixon and Justin Jefferson the same week they could combine for less than 10 points. You never really have that worry when you pair Zeke with a high upside play.

You'll always have random players spiking like crazy every week. Good luck predicting those 40 point weeks with any degree of certainty. I have no idea how that somehow take's away from Zeke's status as a top RB in the league and a consistently awesome fantasy asset.

Reread whats above your post, I believe I said everything you just did, but I appreciate the insight 

16 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Based on how TEN is rolling, I wouldnt say Henry is out of this possibility and A Jones maybe getting up there with TD regression moving forward. Especially if these teams continue to move the ball. Jones is actually doing the most with his carries even with Williams on the field. Imagine if he was a zeke role 20 a game, he would be the RB1-2 on the season

Yeah Jones.  Is right there.  His injury history and usage in games the Adams plays put him right below zeke for me.

Yeah this has quickly turned into one of those situations that you don't want to be in. I was lower then most on Dalton on these forums but I clearly wasn't low enough before he got hurt. I thought they could find a way to make the offense somewhat functional. You still have to think better days are ahead but they'll have to find a way to make the offense somewhat functional or it's going to be a lot harder to guess how this is going to go week to week.

3 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

If they get eliminated from the playoff picture, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to shut Zeke down for the year. 

I'm not sure if that would be better or worse for Zeke owners, but the East is so bad that they should remain mathematically alive (the most invigorating state of living) for most of the season

1 minute ago, slowride said:

I'm not sure if that would be better or worse for Zeke owners, but the East is so bad that they should remain mathematically alive (the most invigorating state of living) for most of the season

Agreed, that  division sucks, so they will always have a chance.

43 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Yeah this has quickly turned into one of those situations that you don't want to be in. I was lower then most on Dalton on these forums but I clearly wasn't low enough before he got hurt. I thought they could find a way to make the offense somewhat functional. You still have to think better days are ahead but they'll have to find a way to make the offense somewhat functional or it's going to be a lot harder to guess how this is going to go week to week.

is this a time to buy low? how low can his floor be assuming this offense does not get better? Given the fact that their division is garbage and relatively competitive, kind of hard to believe they are going to stay this bad on O.

5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I appreciate our conversation even more watching zeke do wonders for your first round pick. Stratching my head all game

He didn't catch the passes you didn't know he could. The situation has gone from less then ideal to very bad, there's no doubting that. I'd imagine he'll end up being fine if they can find a way to get the offense running somewhat functional as the year goes on. I don't have any Zeke this year, though. I just kind of post everywhere. Things can definitely change in a hurry. I remember people questioning if Antonio Brown was usable during his absolute prime when Big Ben was hurt. 

Edited by Benjamin1984
13 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He didn't catch the passes you didn't know he could. The situation has gone from less then ideal to very bad, there's no doubting that. I'd imagine he'll end up being fine if they can find a way to get the offense running somewhat functional as the year goes on. I don't have any Zeke this year, though. I just kind of post everywhere. Things can definitely change in a hurry. I remember people questioning if Antonio Brown was usable during his absolute prime when Big Ben was hurt. 

Thats the problem. They cant gameplan around a bad oline and a bad qb. Zeke is the only weapon to trust and even he is looking bad when you have your RB in on obvious plays. This coaching staff is a joke, but the play from this entire team is bad

6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Thats the problem. They cant gameplan around a bad oline and a bad qb. Zeke is the only weapon to trust and even he is looking bad when you have your RB in on obvious plays. This coaching staff is a joke, but the play from this entire team is bad

I do trust he'll be fine. This is obviously a low point. They don't have to be good for Zeke to be good. They just have to be able to not completely faceplant every single game. The last 2 games was Jets bad. They still have a ton of offensive weapons on that team. You'll get Zack Martin back for the next one more then likely. They will be bad but it would be hard for them to continue to be this bad. 

Edited by Benjamin1984

Idk the last like 4 weeks I’ve been saying, it can’t get any worse and every week it gets worse. The coaching staff may get desperate to try something new and make Tony the starter. This guys value is low and shall stay low. 

• Haha 1