Rotoworld.com Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Idk the last like 4 weeks I’ve been saying, it can’t get any worse and every week it gets worse. The coaching staff may get desperate to try something new and make Tony the starter. This guys value is low and shall stay low. 

No way, too much money has been dumped into Zeke to name Pollard the starter.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

1 minute ago, activeobserver said:

No way, too much money has been dumped into Zeke to name Pollard the starter.

The cowboys dumped to much money to lose by 20+ to the racist football team, but here we are. If the cowboys lose like 2-3 more games I could zeke getting “injured” and essentially opting out of this season. His bff Isn’t playing and he s already got his starting spot secured for next year.

I would sell him ASAP, hoping that his name will get you something.

The QB is a problem but the real problem is the OL.  Even with Zack Martin coming back after his concussion, they have just lost too much there.  I just don't see how Zeke is going to be any more than an RB2.  With his name, you may be able to get close to RB1 value back, especially with most websites still having Zeke ranked very high.

With that defense and no QB, Zeke is going to be game scripted out every week.  He does catch passes, but it's always better for your rb to be on the team with the lead.

Plus...IMO...the team has just quit.  They were thoroughly dominated by a bad team and literally looked like they didn't care.  I don't see it getting better.

53 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Buy low opportunity

They will get a QB and are still in the race for the division. The owner who has him is probably pretty dang frustrated about now

Not a buy low imo. This is a potential sell on name brand, and this team looks awful. If you can swap Zeke for James Robinson, Henry, A Jones, Connor i wouldnt be opposed. 

4 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Not a buy low imo. This is a potential sell on name brand, and this team looks awful. If you can swap Zeke for James Robinson, Henry, A Jones, Connor i wouldnt be opposed. 

:lmao: no chance in hell on the bolded.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks the cowboys are just gonna roll over and die are being foolish. 

Jerry Jones would never accept that.  They will find a way to get competitive again.  Get a QB, get an OLmen, something. They aren’t giving up in that weak division. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Agree this is a buy low. Coming off the worst game of his life, he still had 12 ppr points (easily lost 4-8 on turnovers last week). Things will get better

33 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I would sell him ASAP, hoping that his name will get you something.

The QB is a problem but the real problem is the OL.  Even with Zack Martin coming back after his concussion, they have just lost too much there.  I just don't see how Zeke is going to be any more than an RB2.  With his name, you may be able to get close to RB1 value back, especially with most websites still having Zeke ranked very high.

With that defense and no QB, Zeke is going to be game scripted out every week.  He does catch passes, but it's always better for your rb to be on the team with the lead.

Plus...IMO...the team has just quit.  They were thoroughly dominated by a bad team and literally looked like they didn't care.  I don't see it getting better.

The line is an issue and their divisional opponents (skins and philly) are just terrible matchups in that regard because they have strong D-lines. Zach Martin returning will be a colossal improvement. I also think Biadiaz will improve at center (he is a rookie). 

Cowboys will likely make moves to bring in some o-line help. It will not be anything major, but I could see them calling the Jets about Connor McGovern etc . . . 

59 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Buy low opportunity

They will get a QB and are still in the race for the division. The owner who has him is probably pretty dang frustrated about now

Agreed, Owners will be concerned and that you should buy low now if you can. 

Just now, Cleanface said:

Anyone who thinks the cowboys are just gonna roll over and die are being foolish. 

Jerry Jones would never accept that.  They will find a way to get competitive again.  Get a QB, get an OLmen, something. They aren’t giving up in that weak division. 

The biggest issue is the coaching staff though. They do not do anything to make life easier for the o-line I am not sure that will change. 

• Like 1

Zeke is basically Joe Mixon now.  

1. Tons of talent

2. Crap O-Line

3. Shaky QB

4. Terrible defense

Heck, I'd give Mixon the edge in 2-4 here.

Something major has to happen or we are looking at Mixon 2.0.  Good enough to flash a big game here and there, but otherwise we're gonna see more lines like we saw the past couple weeks.

I do think they will get a QB and that should improve the situation - it almost literally can't get worse than this week - and Zeke can remain in the RB2 to low RB2 category. The problem is inept McCarthy is the coach and he will likely destroy this team.

I'm wondering what dynasty teams that have a chance to win the title this year are doing with Zeke. I love him as my team's RB anchor but I can't trust that (1) the Cowboys will do the right thing and fire McCarthy after 1 year or (2) that when Dak returns from that gruesome injury he will be as effective as he was before. If I can get Henry or A. Jones I'm selling, maybe even CEH; I still think he's the man in KC despite Bell signing.

Yeah, this is really bad for those of us who own Zeke. I assume Jones will go out and get another QB, but who knows how long that will be and whether it will help Zeke or not. Right now, he's no better than a low-end RB2. That, and we've seen how horrible McCarthy mismanages RBs in the past. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Agree this is a buy low. Coming off the worst game of his life, he still had 12 ppr points (easily lost 4-8 on turnovers last week). Things will get better

The line is an issue and their divisional opponents (skins and philly) are just terrible matchups in that regard because they have strong D-lines. Zach Martin returning will be a colossal improvement. I also think Biadiaz will improve at center (he is a rookie). 

Cowboys will likely make moves to bring in some o-line help. It will not be anything major, but I could see them calling the Jets about Connor McGovern etc . . . 

Agreed, Owners will be concerned and that you should buy low now if you can. 

Won't they also get Looney back? He's not great but he's was better than what they're trotting out there right now. You have to think getting two starters back on the o-line could lead to pretty good improvement for the offense as a whole. 

19 minutes ago, LurkingFFPlayer said:

Won't they also get Looney back? He's not great but he's was better than what they're trotting out there right now. You have to think getting two starters back on the o-line could lead to pretty good improvement for the offense as a whole. 

They need a QB.  Dalton is not the answer.  He got knocked out in the 3rd quarter, and did not lead a touchdown drive in the first half.  If they don't get a QB, even help on the OL is not going to do much to move the bar here.  Zeke gonna see 8 man boxes all day.

It's just a real bad situation.  Everything that is a negative for a RB is here.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, kp96 said:

They need a QB.  Dalton is not the answer.  He got knocked out in the 3rd quarter, and did not lead a touchdown drive in the first half.  If they don't get a QB, even help on the OL is not going to do much to move the bar here.  Zeke gonna see 8 man boxes all day.

It's just a real bad situation.  Everything that is a negative for a RB is here.

People keep saying this about Dalton like he has had anything to work with. I'm not saying he's going to be great, but there's still a very good chance he can be adequate if he gets some time and actually has more of the playbook available. The Cowboys can't even complete a quick slant right now without a defender in his face. 

• Like 1
Just now, LurkingFFPlayer said:

People keep saying this about Dalton like he has had anything to work with. I'm not saying he's going to be great, but there's still a very good chance he can be adequate if he gets some time and actually has more of the playbook available. The Cowboys can't even complete a quick slant right now without a defender in his face. 

Fair enough.  Yes, they are related.

It doesn’t matter that the Dallas WR corps are pretty solid, it doesn’t matter Dalton is a very serviceable QB, and it doesn’t matter how talented Elliot is...that o-line is having a huge domino effect on these outcomes. I don’t understand the whole “they should get a QB”... I honestly don’t think it will help the situation one bit. Look at what Washington did to them and they are a bad team...

• Like 1