Rotoworld.com Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Leopard said:

It doesn’t matter that the Dallas WR corps are pretty solid, it doesn’t matter Dalton is a very serviceable QB, and it doesn’t matter how talented Elliot is...that o-line is having a huge domino effect on these outcomes. I don’t understand the whole “they should get a QB”... I honestly don’t think it will help the situation one bit. Look at what Washington did to them and they are a bad team...

Washington front 7 is very good. Not every defense the Cowboys face will get that sort of pressure/push. I'm not sure that Dalton is serviceable. His accuracy even when he's had time hasn't been great. Teams don't have to gameplan for him; if they simply focus on stopping Zeke that should lead to a win. That's not good for Zeke's fantasy output.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Washington front 7 is very good. Not every defense the Cowboys face will get that sort of pressure/push. I'm not sure that Dalton is serviceable. His accuracy even when he's had time hasn't been great. Teams don't have to gameplan for him; if they simply focus on stopping Zeke that should lead to a win. That's not good for Zeke's fantasy output.

I can not believe how many people thought Andy Dalton would come in and run this offense anything like Dak Prescott does. It's incredible to me that people watched Andy Dalton as long as they did (especially his last year or 2 as a starter) and Dak Prescott as long as they have and made that determination. The disrespect was strong on this one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

this

Dallas needs to quickly get some production from the QB position to save Zeke's value going forward.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

25b631e08d96b2d30d9c60dde400aaee.gif

He's miles better then Andy Dalton and as average as the 1 game he played this season was...he proved that. If he can be had for nothing, I don't hate it. He can extend plays, which is something that will be required of any Dallas Cowboys QB going forward.

Wow, interesting takes here. I can understand if someone who needs to win trading Zeke. But if your roster can stand it, I’m waiting to see what happens. Not to get all AC here, but if I needed to trade and got someone like Connor, I can see that. But I’d have to be super desperate to trade him for Fournette. 

I get the risks here. The O line is bad, QB situation is terrible, the team seems lost. But on the other hand, they are still contenders. They can get lineman back, and can shore up the QB situation (potentially). 

So, I’m riding it out. I have this vision of lots of dump offs to Zeke and some short yardage TDs. And if I didn’t have Zeke, I’d be making offers and buying low.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Power-O said:

well i am not trying to get coaching advice here but for me being at 2 & 5 I am going to need to win everything...Zeke has so much against him....LF put up 12 points in .5 ppr....it was like 50 receiving and rushing...almost had a td a few times....he really could have had a monster game....he also plays for brady....meanwhile look at our boy...negative game script with no qb...they fall behind so fast they cannt even rely on the run...so your banking that some rookie qb or dalton is going to keep drives alive against the eagles and pitt?!

I’m banking on talent and the O-Line getting healthy. And yes, I think the Cowboys will do something to remedy the QB situation because they aren’t going to throw away the season given their division. 

I’m not opposed to trading Zeke. I’m exploring it myself. But this is not the time to panic and sell him for scraps. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I still think he's a low end RB1. People are going a bit nuts in here

I think that's about right.  Now, if he has another terrible game next week, then he's firmly in RB2 land so....if you're not a believer, you need to move him this week.  Three terrible games in a row, coinciding with the loss of Dak, and his trade market is done.

18 minutes ago, Power-O said:

look at the numbers man...they will always be in positive game script and he is now the "nickle back." he played alot his first week back...if he gets those passes he will have a safe floor with td upside....of course i would ask for something else with him...like brandon cooks wr 2 type....yeah it sounds ludacris bt im looking for upside....i cant afford a 5 point game ever again

No offense by any means but there is nobody that is doing this...Fournette was showing up on several waiver wires. His role is still completely unsecure. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

No offense by any means but there is nobody that is doing this...Fournette was showing up on several waiver wires. His role is still completely unsecure. 

none taken but not in my league...he is taken...and he does have a role...no mccoy...he is the passing down back...they prefer him over Rojo because he catches...yeah its risky as hell but the upside is there...i understand why this is ludacris but im desperate man....i knew i should have drafted kamara over him...i hate this ****

Some of you are acting like the RB market is overflowing with better alternative options to Zeke. I just don't see it. RB is full of landmines this season with tons of guys splitting touches in their own backfield. I understand the panic to some degree but I'm not really sure what you would sell him for where you would end up making your roster better. 

• Like 6

Guys I can see ranking over Zeke going forward in ppr leagues (no particular order):

Kamara

Jones

Henry

Cook

Sanders

Chubb

Ekeler

CMC

Robinson

Carson

Conner

Edwards-Helaire

Mixon

I personally wouldn't rank Zeke below all these guys, but I can at least see the argument. Really, as bad as things look right now, in a worst case scenario I think he's still sitting at a low end rb 1 or high end rb 2. I'm hard pressed to think he's going to be THIS bad the rest of the season. Then again, I probably shouldn't underestimate the sucktitude of McCarthy...

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Like 1

[...]

For Zeke to be anywhere near approaching what we thought he might be, better QB play will be essential. Even if the line improves but QB play is terrible there won't be many TDs to be had and we'll be relying on mediocre yardage output and a few catches (assuming catchable balls are thrown his way) for those in PPR leagues.

Edited by tonycpsu
11 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Guys I can see ranking over Zeke going forward in ppr leagues (no particular order):

Kamara

Jones

Henry

Cook

Sanders

Chubb

Ekeler

CMC

Robinson

Carson

Conner

Edwards-Helaire

Mixon

I personally wouldn't rank Zeke below all these guys, but I can at least see the argument. Really, as bad as things look right now, in a worst case scenario I think he's still sitting at a low end rb 1 or high end rb 2. I'm hard pressed to think he's going to be THIS bad the rest of the season. Then again, I probably shouldn't underestimate the sucktitude of McCarthy...

Good list but I would remove Ekeler and CEH and add JJacobs and JTaylor.

Ekeler is totally unknown and prob out another month, and CEH is gonna lose at least 1/3 of snaps maybe 1/2.  JJacobs and JTaylor are all alone with the Taylor having the 4th best RB schedule.  

I have Zeke tho so I’m hoping he does better than all.  

• Like 1