Rotoworld.com Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook

On 10/26/2020 at 11:45 AM, kp96 said:

Zeke is basically Joe Mixon now.  

1. Tons of talent

2. Crap O-Line

3. Shaky QB

4. Terrible defense

This is a solid analogy. I am going Zeke here personally if I had to choose but this is a good comp. Burrow is emerging but it represents most of Joe Mixon's career. Joe Mixon is a good fantasy option. The thing that frustrates people about Mixon is that they see the ability for more. He still is a obvious starter and a top 12 guy by most accounts. It's hard to imagine the offense being this bad. We are talking 142 total offensive yards here against Washington. This would place them 120 yards per game below the Jets. This is beyond unlikely to be a norm, even though I acknowledge they won't be good by any means.

We know he'll continue to get first dibs in most goal to go situations and we know he's been a major part of the passing game. A 75 catch pace is a significant thing for any RB and he's dropped a ton of passes on top of that. It's hard to imagine he'll be what he was, but this seems like one of those situations that should recorrect itself some as it typically does when we talk about fantasy players on this level. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiNucci versus the Steelers defense  

Why would Zeke quit? When has he ever did that? Such a weird take

Posted Images

Are there any talks of improvement to the O Line or QB? I skimmed through the pages and it looks like they're getting Martin back this week, as well as another person on the line? Any trade rumors for QB? I haven't followed Zeke much, but looking to buy in. [...]

What is the realistic trade value right now? I'm looking to evaluate, but seriously have a hard time selling ponies for a perceived horse, like low end RB1/2 and WR2/3 for him.

Rough looking schedule, probably reduced play volume, he's paying poorly, team's probably checking out mentally, bad coaching, what about this situation screams he's a buy? 

Poster before said Gordon Linsday and Fuller for Zeke / Pollard. Two flex options (with top-15 upside if one goes down), and a WR2 for Zeke.

Seems like a bargain, but unnecessary risk? 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What is the realistic trade value right now? I'm looking to evaluate, but seriously have a hard time selling ponies for a perceived horse, like low end RB1/2 and WR2/3 for him.

Rough looking schedule, probably reduced play volume, he's paying poorly, team's probably checking out mentally, bad coaching, what about this situation screams he's a buy? 

Poster before said Gordon Linsday and Fuller for Zeke / Pollard. Two flex options (with top-15 upside if one goes down), and a WR2 for Zeke.

You must play PPR.

In standard, you could probably get a low end RB1 but I don't think you'd get a WR thrown in.  Like...I would trade James Robinson for him (maybe) but definitely wouldn't throw in Robert Woods on top of that.  It would be straight up.  His value is probably at that 10-15 range.  You could point to ROS rankings which typically have him around 6-8 now, but you're not going to get that back in a trade after how awful Dallas looked, unless you are some kind of trading savant.  Nobody wants to touch him with a stick, so you'll have to lowball yourself.

On 10/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

That was me that traded Gordon/Lindsay and Fuller for Zeke/Pollard.  I don't have high hopes for Zeke but I am confident he will be better than Broncos backfield.  He is the unquestioned workhorse and will get dumpoffs.  

Analysts and rankings everywhere still have him top 12 minimum, which is encouraging.  I'm no expert but see him more top 20, so maybe they know or see something I don't. Hope they're right bc no one in my league will even consider a trade with him right now.

Edited by CletisVanDamme

What's baffling is there has been zero urgency from the Cowboys to make moves in a season that's still salvageable.  What, they moved Griffen for a 6th rounder next year?  Brought in Cooper Rush?  I know Dak was a kick in the nuts but they can get pieces in here to finish strong within a poor division.  But this week brought nothing really other than a couple of linemen they already have getting healthier.

Edited by CletisVanDamme
43 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

What's baffling is there has been zero urgency from the Cowboys to make moves in a season that's still salvageable.  What, they moved Griffen for a 6th rounder next year?  Brought in Cooper Rush?  I know Dak was a kick in the nuts but they can get pieces in here to finish strong within a poor division.  But this week brought nothing really other than a couple of linemen they already have getting healthier.

This season isn't salvageable. 

Sure, they could make the playoffs, but they won't really be competitive. 

They're a stars-n-scrubs team, and their most important star is done for the year.  Their defense is awful. 

They have no ceiling without Dak.  The idea behind signing Dalton could've worked if their defense was average and their 2 starting tackles were playing, but that's not the case. 

Jameis isn't getting traded, as awesome as that would be.  Maybe could get Darnold for a 2, but that's a lot to give up to be a mediocre team.

3 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Would of never expected to be benching Zeke

I’m starting him and I have options to sit.  I still think Zeke will be ok. IMO OL will get healthy and the Red Rocket will stabilize.  At first when Dak went out CW said Zeke would ball out and be relied on heavily.  Has that changed? His usage and touches will not go down, and hopefully he can break some runs and get some goal-line TDS.  I don’t think it can worse than last week.  All that said, I don’t have FULL confidence,   I just hope I’m right.  

RE trading, I’m not selling him for peanuts now.  I’d rather keep and wait for him to improve, and then trade (or hold).  I might be able to move for injured MSanders, but I’m not sold on the offer.  

15 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

I’m starting him and I have options to sit.  I still think Zeke will be ok. IMO OL will get healthy and the Red Rocket will stabilize.  At first when Dak went out CW said Zeke would ball out and be relied on heavily.  Has that changed? His usage and touches will not go down, and hopefully he can break some runs and get some goal-line TDS.  I don’t think it can worse than last week.  All that said, I don’t have FULL confidence,   I just hope I’m right.  

RE trading, I’m not selling him for peanuts now.  I’d rather keep and wait for him to improve, and then trade (or hold).  I might be able to move for injured MSanders, but I’m not sold on the offer.  

I’m talking about tomorrow against a very gd dline in the PHI and him playing with a 3rd string QB who probably is not very gd, along with the Oline being banged up.....I think I’m gonna have to bench him. As far as ROS goes I’m being optimistic, Oline can only get better along with the QB play, I think last week was Zekes floor. I’m holding unless their is a deal that seems gd for me. RBs are very important down the stretch and I’d rather have Zeke than someone else. 

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
Just now, Tomei7 said:

I’m talking about tomorrow against a very gd dline in the PHI and him playing with a 3rd string QB who probably is not very gd, along with the Oline being banged up.....I think I’m gonna have to bench him. As far as ROS goes I’m being optimistic, Oline can only get better along with the WB play, I think last week was Zekes floor. I’m holding unless their is a deal that seems gd for me. RBs are very important down the stretch and I’d rather have Zeke than someone else. 

Yeah I knew you meant tomor.  Thanks for the reminder on the QB situation lmao.  

Glad you share some optimism.  Def on thin ice.  Would be nice to see some improvement tomor but not sure that’s possible v PHI w the new QB. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Must be some insane rosters in here to be talking about sitting Zeke...

I dunno with all the injuries to starting RBs, a lot of guys might have a Gio, Scott, or Williams on the bench. And as much as it pains me to say, these guys are set up for better success than Zeke right now (this particular week).

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, affliction said:

Zeke checked out once Dak and the OL started getting hurt

he had two targets all game lol

in a game where his qb can't throw further than 10 yards. it's like the goal was to screw over zeke. 

Edited by TroutFister
  • Like 1

For all those who insisted Dallas just had to pay Zeke last summer, ask yourself this: would the Cowboys be any worse using Pollard or a random JAG at RB?  Should that money have been used instead to improve other parts of the squad?

• Like 2
Just now, KennyWoo said:

For all those who insisted Dallas just had to pay Zeke last summer, ask yourself this: would the Cowboys be any worse using Pollard or a random JAG at RB?  Should that money have been used instead to improve other parts of the squad?

There are not many running backs who deserve to get paid big money IMO. This is the top 10 Rb contracts and 6 are overpaid. 

A57C807E-4245-48F9-9711-47BA1B4C5650.jpeg

We were so lucky they were against Wentz to keep the game mostly competitive for Dallas. Any other team on offense punishes the DiNucci failed drives and we'd have Zeke completely game scripted out even more so. This could've been like a 2 pt performance

Edited by Wyzzil