cashvillesent

Robby Anderson 2020 Outlook

He should go to Minnesota. Take a 1 year deal soak up those diggs targets allow theilan to run free underneath then go somewhere else and get paid

I can't even remember him being linked to anyone other than the Jets.   I thought he'd be a great fit in Houston or New Orleans perhaps but they've signed other guys.  

3 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

He should go to Minnesota. Take a 1 year deal soak up those diggs targets allow theilan to run free underneath then go somewhere else and get paid

Logical fit here but I imagine they're tight to the cap and at the very least, would see what the draft brings.   This draft class is probably holding at least a couple teams back on him right now. 

6 hours ago, BrianM said:

Logical fit here but I imagine they're tight to the cap and at the very least, would see what the draft brings.   This draft class is probably holding at least a couple teams back on him right now. 

Right now they have almost 20 million in cap space. Due to rookie contracts having a wage scale we can assume they’ll spend roughly 10 million with all their picks. So they can do both if they want. Sign a seasoned speedster for 1 year and draft another with the 4th rounder or something. 

I think Eagles or Packers are the ideal landing spots that could still happen.

Posted (edited)

Panthers

Him 

moore

teddy 

With Joe Brady. Nfc south is going to be fun 

Edited by affliction

11 minutes ago, affliction said:

Panthers

Him 

moore

teddy 

With Joe Brady. Nfc south is going to be fun 

I think they have a RB who catches passes too.

If you're the kind of guy who is the last to draft a QB, Teddy's interesting.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think they have a RB who catches passes too.

If you're the kind of guy who is the last to draft a QB, Teddy's interesting.

If anyone remembers bridegewater from his Minn starts, he is not a runner or a deep ball thrower he was in my opinion the ultimate game manager in terms of he didnt make a lot of mistakes and executed the way the coaches wanted. 

So I'm not excited about him as a difference making streamer. 

27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

If anyone remembers bridegewater from his Minn starts, he is not a runner or a deep ball thrower he was in my opinion the ultimate game manager in terms of he didnt make a lot of mistakes and executed the way the coaches wanted. 

He seemed to do ok with the Saints when he started. And that was with Sean Peyton calling super conservative play calls. Definitely streamable material given the right matchups. Plenty of good wideouts on the team to throw to, not to mention CMC .  Bunch of playmakers on offense. If Kyle Allen could do it , I’m sure Teddy will be decent. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Bridgewater does well in Carolina, if he’s the starting QB for the whole season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dashoe said:

IDK...Dak is a game manager who doesn't run much more than Teddy did.   This last season, they didn't even design many running plays for him at all.  He pretty much just took what was there.  Which I assume Teddy will do.  Although less successfully I'm guessing.

With the right weapons and game plan, I can see him being worth a late round shot..

Teddy did have about 32 attempts per game last year so I don't see him being a super game manager on the Panthers. But he rarely throws deep. DJ Moore is going to be a target monster along with CMC. It's going to be Robby, Samuel, and Ian Thomas fighting for the scraps. I honestly think I'm going to pass on drafting Robby this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

He seemed to do ok with the Saints when he started. And that was with Sean Peyton calling super conservative play calls. Definitely streamable material given the right matchups. Plenty of good wideouts on the team to throw to, not to mention CMC .  Bunch of playmakers on offense. If Kyle Allen could do it , I’m sure Teddy will be decent. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Bridgewater does well in Carolina, if he’s the starting QB for the whole season. 

Saints have a great run game and the a great defense so they just needed teddy to throw short passes and keep chains moving. Also helps sean payton may be the best play caller in the league and one of the best offensive minds in football history. Luckily for teddy the panthers run game is pretty great and the defense isn’t awful oh and joe Brady did come from NOLA before LSU and is supposed to be the next Kyle shannahan/ mcvay 

Like RunCMC said the big difference maker is that his team is loaded with YAC guys. 3 Wrs and a rb that can turn any 5 yard out route into a 70 yard house call and that TE they have is an athletic monster I’m sure he will make a few big plays. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Also helps sean payton may be the best play caller in the league and one of the best offensive minds in football history.

This is a very drawn out way of saying Taysom Hill

No discussion at all about Robby. Back to back seasons with 700+ yards/5 TDs and escaped New York. Obviously not league winning potential but wondering what people's thoughts are. Should see plenty of single coverage with CMC and DJ Moore around. That being said Bridgewater has been a checkdown guy so far

So we just not gonna talk about this guy? Even without the bomb he put up decent numbers. I just don’t think this guy has what it takes to be a WR2.

We’ve been lied to y’all. Robby Anderson is a straight up WR1. A young Desean Jackson. I would have preferred he gone to a different team but anything is an upgrade from the jets. I been watching this guy carefully for a minute now. Every year I own stock. This is the MF year y’all.

ever since he busted in the cop’s wife’s eye that one time and got the charges dropped, I KNEW he had wr1 potential.

Robby “the box” Anderson

Edited by Jrt80
  • Haha 1

I was pleasantly surprised by the 8 targets he got. DJ got 9 and Samuel even got 8 as well. Can't see the WRs getting near 30 targets a week though, they'll get CMC more involved. Seems like he has a good rapport with teddy though

6 hours ago, Crushers101 said:

My Jaw dropped at his line today...Should he be fired up next week?

Yes, his coach at Temple was Matt Rhule. He and Teddy were briefly teammates in New York. He's the highest paid WR on the team (albeit DJ Moore has yet to sign a contract extension) at 8 million a year. I'm not sure he's clearly surpassed Curtis Samuel (Samuel also had 8 targets) but Teddy targeted the TE position only 3 times, making him the 2nd or 3rd look. I wouldn't sell high. Unlike in New York, defenses can't focus on the passing game with McCaffrey in the backfield. They also have a bad defense so there should be a lot of shootouts.

• Like 1

I’ve been fooled before by his stat lines, but this time could be different, he should be more consistent than he was on the Jets. Him and Teddy seem to have a nice connection. 

7 minutes ago, Godeep said:

I’ve been fooled before by his stat lines, but this time could be different, he should be more consistent than he was on the Jets. Him and Teddy seem to have a nice connection. 

He's the typical deep threat that will get 20+ fantasy points every 3/4 games and will put 4 points in all the others. If you bet on him on when he goes off, he's a league winner. Personally, I always bench him when he has games like that, so I hate this kind of players. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1