Rotoworld.com Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already dropped to around QB9 in rest of season rankings, while having been drafted 3-4 weeks ago as the QB5 just after Lamar, Mahomes, Dak, and Russ.  He has played thus far against 2nd and 3rd

Posted Images

9 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Meet your new Future Patriots 2021 QB. 

Why in the world would he wamt to go there? They have no weapons and defense isnt what it used to be.

Pats fans still think they are going to be relevant....sigh. 

I guess someone has to win that s---y division.

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook
On 3/26/2020 at 6:26 PM, bhawks489 said:

Maybe he'll get more rushing yards? Hard to feel good if you are a dynasty owner.

Losing Hopkins is gonna be a nightmare for him. He's been shying away from running more and more. I'm not saying he can't/won't, but he uses it much more as a last resort. He's phenomenal, but this offense is gonna really struggle to move the ball. I typically grab him pretty early but I see him going real late this year (comparatively). 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Losing Hopkins is gonna be a nightmare for him. He's been shying away from running more and more. I'm not saying he can't/won't, but he uses it much more as a last resort. He's phenomenal, but this offense is gonna really struggle to move the ball. I typically grab him pretty early but I see him going real late this year (comparatively). 

I agree on Hopkins - I don’t agree that Watson has established some sort of trend of running less frequently.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, BMcP said:

I agree on Hopkins - I don’t agree that Watson has established some sort of trend of running less frequently.

image.png.437be9a2f2c3c589f8840c45b5ff9cd7.png

I checked both yardage and attempts. The number of attempts is more or less stable; the yardage is slightly less. He _is_ throwing more often though. So the percentage of rushing plays has gone down a bit - nothing dramatic though.

Relying on three made of glass WR's Cooks, Fuller, Coutee doesn't help Watson at all. Gonna be a loooooong year in the lone star state, can see him asking for a trade out of Houston at some point. 

Edited by Rush2112

Watson will be successful regardless of who all else is injured on the roster simply because he's too good not to be.  He has crushed it when Fuller's been hurt.  He has crushed it when Nuk went through his mysterious slump early last year.  He will crush it again this year.

• Like 1

I like watson this year.  He started his career lighting the world on fire, skyrocketing his adp (i even bit at that 3rd round price), but his adp has really leveled out to where it should be.  Season long leagues, hes delivered year after year When he had an adp(good stint to rookie year as free agent pick up), but where his adp has beean each year, hes delivered

my predection for 2020, even without nuk, were getting the same watson production, but i think he will see a bump in rushing stats to offset the nukless passing stats, plus people should be more down on him this season, late 5th rounder?  Ill bite

Deshaun will still be really good this year. I look for him to add to his rushing totals some. Of course losing someone like Nuk is huge and even having a trio like Cooks, Fuller, and Coutee they don't add up to Hopkins. So that part of his game might take a bit of a hit unless someone like a Cooks or Fuller steps up huge.

3 hours ago, BleachyBlonde said:

Deshaun will still be really good this year. I look for him to add to his rushing totals some. Of course losing someone like Nuk is huge and even having a trio like Cooks, Fuller, and Coutee they don't add up to Hopkins. So that part of his game might take a bit of a hit unless someone like a Cooks or Fuller steps up huge.

I think they mostly just need to stay healthy. Both are good if they can stay on the field. Big IF obviously.

Stills is there too.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

Stafford became a lot better after Megatron retired because he developed as a more complete QB instead of forcing it to his WR1. Maybe Watson can hold his position or even improve, especially considering his WR corps is still fine as long as long as it doesn't suffer multiple injuries at the same time

7 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Stafford became a lot better after Megatron retired because he developed as a more complete QB instead of forcing it to his WR1. Maybe Watson can hold his position or even improve, especially considering his WR corps is still fine as long as long as it doesn't suffer multiple injuries at the same time

I think, on the whole, his WR corps has improved - no disrespect to Hopkins.

• Like 1

What is their defense projected to look like? Cuz if it's a disaster and Watson has to score 30 every week, then hell be a fantasy stud again.  

If the defense is impactful and they can reign him in and potentially keep him healthier, then he won't score as much obviously. 

6 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

What is their defense projected to look like? Cuz if it's a disaster and Watson has to score 30 every week, then hell be a fantasy stud again.  

If the defense is impactful and they can reign him in and potentially keep him healthier, then he won't score as much obviously. 

Not much improved - Ross Blacklock should be a sturdy run-stuffer somewhere near the middle of that D-line but has questionable pass-rushing skills.  Jonathan Greenard at EDGE is the only other notable addition.  They signed or re-signed a bunch of replacement-level talents to fill out the secondary.  They are going to have to keep pace with some very talented divisional opponents, too, in the Colts and Titans.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Not much improved - Ross Blacklock should be a sturdy run-stuffer somewhere near the middle of that D-line but has questionable pass-rushing skills.  Jonathan Greenard at EDGE is the only other notable addition.  They signed or re-signed a bunch of replacement-level talents to fill out the secondary.  They are going to have to keep pace with some very talented divisional opponents, too, in the Colts and Titans.

They went D heavy at the draft. Not sure how good any of the dudes are tbh.

17 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

They went D heavy at the draft. Not sure how good any of the dudes are tbh.

Blacklock should be good, and Greenard could be good - tough to say.  John Reid projects as an undersized slot corner project, though he did have an excellent Combine.  He might have to be a Day 1 starter with the assortment of flotsam and jetsam in that secondary.  They also spent picks on Brandin Cooks, Duke Johnson, Jr., and Gareon Conley -FWIW.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1
On 5/2/2020 at 8:47 AM, BMcP said:

I think, on the whole, his WR corps has improved - no disrespect to Hopkins.

Not sure I'd go that far, Hopkins to Cooks is a significant downgrade, and his skillset is pretty redundant with Fuller's. Stills will have a role, and maybe Coutee figures out a way to get on the field, but losing Hopkins is massive.

David Johnson is an upgrade as a pass-catching RB (though Duke would have filled that role just fine had they given him a chance), but him and Cooks still doesn't come close to replacing Nuk.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Not sure I'd go that far, Hopkins to Cooks is a significant downgrade, and his skillset is pretty redundant with Fuller's. Stills will have a role, and maybe Coutee figures out a way to get on the field, but losing Hopkins is massive.

David Johnson is an upgrade as a pass-catching RB (though Duke would have filled that role just fine had they given him a chance), but him and Cooks still doesn't come close to replacing Nuk.

Yes, I understand how amazing Hopkins is, as I stated above.  I was referring to the addition of not only Cooks but also Cobb, who showed he still has gas in the tank last year on the Cowboys.  Paired with Stills (and perhaps Coutee as depth), a healthy Fuller V, DJ and DJJ, I would say that, overall, it’s an improvement on what Watson has worked with thus far from a pass-catching standpoint.

• Like 2

Watson might even do better this season, it wouldn’t surprise me. As long as this WR corps stay relatively healthy. He won’t be force feeding Hopkins anymore , which sometimes was in detriment to the offense.  

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

I know the Texans traded for Tunsil last season but have they addressed the offensive line more this off-season? This guy will produce when he's on the field and I've loved having him on my fantasy teams. Losing Hopkins doesn't concern me too much in terms of fantasy production. What I am concerned about (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that he was one of the QBs sacked the most last season... yet again. 

2 hours ago, DoYourJob said:

I know the Texans traded for Tunsil last season but have they addressed the offensive line more this off-season? This guy will produce when he's on the field and I've loved having him on my fantasy teams. Losing Hopkins doesn't concern me too much in terms of fantasy production. What I am concerned about (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that he was one of the QBs sacked the most last season... yet again. 

BOB loves not addressing his O-line.