Rotoworld.com Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already dropped to around QB9 in rest of season rankings, while having been drafted 3-4 weeks ago as the QB5 just after Lamar, Mahomes, Dak, and Russ.  He has played thus far against 2nd and 3rd

Posted Images

This offense will tank now.  Your offense is predicated on the deep ball and spreading the defense...now you lose your best WR and someone who had terrific chemistry with Watson.

Hoping for more rushing now but they will have to lean on Cooks more obviously and their TEs to move the ball.

Also, Stills cleared waivers so I wonder if they will bring him back and Coutee is healthy but he's...Keke Coutee.

Just now, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm losing hope. This sucks. He might still be a low end QB1 but not the elite QB1 he's been recently...especially with the upcoming schedule.

Fuller is good, but he was not some elite type WR. They'll find ways to move the ball with what they have.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

All is not lost. The Texans still get the Bengals week 16. Watson could be a league winner with no WRs in that game.

That’s about the only matchup to feel really good about ROS, but you might need to bench him until you hopefully get there.

4 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

That’s about the only matchup to feel really good about ROS, but you might need to bench him until you hopefully get there.

Agreed. Unless you don't have another decent option. Will Cobb be back by then? I think a matchup against Cincy with Cooks and Cobb would still be a smash spot for him hopefully.

i think it's blind optimism to think that this isn't a pretty significant ding to Watson's ROS prospects.  Fuller's 1 touchdown and 80+ yards per game are not easily replaced, nor is his ability to stretch the field for the rest of this offense.  

27 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

[...]

Low end QB-1 now and with his matchups coming up, tread lightly but also dont get too cute starting some fringe top 10 QB

If Watson is a low end QB1 (QB9-12) why would it be getting cute to start a fringe top 10 QB? That’s the tier Watson is in now, and those are the kind of decisions we’ll be having to make.

Watson vs Indy or Taysom vs Atlanta just became a tough call.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
33 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If Watson is a low end QB1 (QB9-12) why would it be getting cute to start a fringe top 10 QB? That’s the tier Watson is in now, and those are the kind of decisions we’ll be having to make.

Watson vs Indy or Taysom vs Atlanta just became a tough call.

Exactly what i mean by being too cute tbh, every week guys like Taysom in "good matchups" will be ranked QB 9-12, dont get too cute with guys like that

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Exactly what i mean by being too cute tbh, every week guys like Taysom in "good matchups" will be ranked QB 9-12, dont get too cute with guys like that

But what’s “cute” about it? Watson had a tough matchup vs Indy before he lost his #1 WR. Obviously that matchup just got even tougher. Refusing to lower expectations for Watson this week is simply ignoring reality. Doesn’t mean he can’t still have a good/great game, because as we all know fantasy football often makes zero sense, but the likelihood of a potential letdown just got much greater. I saw the same thing coming last week with Josh Allen having lost John Brown in an easier matchup, and Brown isn’t as important to Allen as Fuller is to Watson.

Taysom Hill has a great floor and huge upside in a great matchup vs Atlanta. I’m not sure how that isn’t a tempting option vs Watson.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

But what’s “cute” about it? Watson had a tough matchup vs Indy before he lost his #1 WR. Obviously that matchup just got even tougher. Refusing to lower expectations for Watson this week is simply ignoring reality. Doesn’t mean he can’t still have a good/great game, because as we all know fantasy football often makes zero sense, but the likelihood of a potential letdown just got much greater. I saw the same thing coming last week with Josh Allen having lost John Brown in an easier matchup, and Brown isn’t as important to Allen as Fuller is to Watson.

Taysom Hill has a great floor and huge upside in a great matchup vs Atlanta. I’m not sure how that isn’t a tempting option vs Watson.

Never said to not lower expectations, ill avoid my own personal take on Taysom but Watson is the Houston offense, playing a QB usually outside the top 12 just because of a matchup is dangerous waters VS a proven QB commodity even sans Fuller

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Never said to not lower expectations, ill avoid my own personal take on Taysom but Watson is the Houston offense, playing a QB usually outside the top 12 just because of a matchup is dangerous waters VS a proven QB commodity even sans Fuller

It’s not just because of the matchup, it’s the matchup plus the loss of Fuller, who has clearly played a huge part in Watson’s success. Maybe we just have differing opinions on Fuller’s impact to Watson’s numbers.

21 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

It’s not just because of the matchup, it’s the matchup plus the loss of Fuller, who has clearly played a huge part in Watson’s success. Maybe we just have differing opinions on Fuller’s impact to Watson’s numbers.

Maybe as i obv think fuller hurts Watson, i dont think its enough to sit him in favor of the QB's usually ranked outside the top 12 but vault inside due to matchups ala Cousins/Taysom types is where we seem to differ, too much possibility of regret there for my taste if you sit Watson

10 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Of course, it all depends on your options.
Big Ben at home vs WAS?

Josh Allen at SF?

Taysom at ATL?

Herbert vs NE?

Cousins vs JAC?

Ben - Herbert - Allen are week in and out top 10 QB plays usually, so not exactly the type of QB's I'm referencing, obv if you have Watson and those guys, you sit Watson as i am doing since i have Rodgers, not having Fuller 1000% caps Watson blow up potential, but you never know with the rushing TD's

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 3

Looks like Autry has been activated from the COVID list by the Colts.  If Buckner comes back as well and couple that with Fuller's suspension, this week is looking more bleak by the day for Watson and the entire offense.