Rotoworld.com Forums

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already dropped to around QB9 in rest of season rankings, while having been drafted 3-4 weeks ago as the QB5 just after Lamar, Mahomes, Dak, and Russ.  He has played thus far against 2nd and 3rd

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

I mean he just - in the last 2 drafts - invested 2 firsts and a second into a solid (but imho not elite) Tackle ;) 

Amendment: loves not addressing it well?

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Lotta shootouts, though.  Bad coaching leads to lots of high scoring games and wild comebacks.

Week 6: Fuller is out for 4-6 weeks with a hamstring injury and Cooks has been placed on IR after suffering his second concussion of the season. Deshaun has to make do with a WR cast of Kenny Stills, Randall Cobb (who just recovered from an MCL sprain suffered in preseason stretching exercises), and Keke Coutee.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Week 6: Fuller is out for 4-6 weeks with a hamstring injury and Cooks has been placed on IR after suffering his second concussion of the season. Deshaun has to make do with a WR cast of Kenny Stills, Randall Cobb (who just recovered from an MCL sprain suffered in preseason stretching exercises), and Keke Coutee.

Lmao that may very well happen, they would prolly make Duke or DJ split out wide . But in all seriousness , collectively the skill positions on Houston’s offense is definitely adequate. Deshaun is poised for a good year. But I would like to see more consistency out of him, he dropped a few duds last season. 

22 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Lmao that may very well happen, they would prolly make Duke or DJ split out wide . But in all seriousness , collectively the skill positions on Houston’s offense is definitely adequate. Deshaun is poised for a good year. But I would like to see more consistency out of him, he dropped a few duds last season. 

Week 16 fantasy championship stands out.

41 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I will add that Isaiah Coulter is a pretty intriguing late-round WR with some upside if he fell into a role.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Week 16 fantasy championship stands out.

Brutal day time game which was supposed to be a fantasy gold mine for all players involved #neverforget #neverforgive 

• Haha 1

I'm just assuming here but with Bill Obrien saying not to judge the Hopkins trade until 1 year or 2 he'll try to put Watson and the offense in a place to make him look good(or even not just like a complete fool). Watson was 16th in pass attempts last year and 15 the year before, if they open up the offense and let him throw more I can see him having a huge year. In terms of QB rating he would be 3rd in the history of the NFL if he qualified (5th if Mahomes and Lamar Jackson qualified as well). He's my 3rd on my QB rankings right not but my number one target in terms of value(profit) as he is generally going as the 6th QB of the board. He similar to Russell Wilson is even better from behind so hopefully BOB unleashes him from the start. With Russ and also Deshaun I don't understand why their head coaches play so safe early as we've all seen and then both put up huge efforts in the 2nd half when behind. I recall the greatest show on turf throwing early and often and when they had a lead the 4th quarter was when they said Marshall take us home vs a tired defense.

Cooks, Watson, Cobb, Stills, Coutee, both Johnson Rb's and the two TE's Fells and Akins are fine options. Going from Hyde to either Johnson will be huge for the offense in my opinion 46% of Hyde snaps last year he got a carry the other 54% of his snaps he received 16 of the most unefficient targets ever, I think this offense should be fine and quite possibly elite this year if allowed to.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Evincar said:

First 4 weeks: @KC, BAL, @PIT, MIN. Brutal opening schedule for a QB that will need to adjust to not having his star WR. 

Good catch - that is definitely a concern.  It might be wise to pair him with a lower-round QB you could deploy initially until you can see how this plays out.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Evincar said:

First 4 weeks: @KC, BAL, @PIT, MIN. Brutal opening schedule for a QB that will need to adjust to not having his star WR. 

Aren’t these good matchups for Watson? 

47 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Aren’t these good matchups for Watson? 

That’s like a murderer’s row of outstanding pass defenses.  I get what you’re saying, but it’s going to be hard for Watson to put up numbers in those matchups.

11 hours ago, Evincar said:

Looks pretty good to me? From a fantasy POV anyhow. Wont be shocked if they are 1-3 to start though.

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Looks pretty good to me? From a fantasy POV anyhow. Wont be shocked if they are 1-3 to start though.

Why would you want your fantasy QB to be up against top-tier pass defenses for a month straight?

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Why would you want your fantasy QB to be up against top-tier pass defenses for a month straight?

Aside from that not being accurate; because they are top tier offenses as well.

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Aside from that not being accurate; because they are top tier offenses as well.

How is that not accurate? (NB: We all know how good the offenses are.)

Edited by BMcP
  • 3 months later...

I'm concerned about Watson this year.  Cook is looking possible to miss week one, Fuller has the hamstrings of a 90lb computer programer, and DJ  hasn't be DJ in years.  I love Watson's talent but I just don't think he has the supporting cast to be productive this year.

Edited by ColoWrex
43 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'm concerned about Watson this year.  Cook is looking possible to miss week one, Fuller has the hamstrings of a 90lb computer programer, and DJ  hasn't be DJ in years.  I love Watson's talent but I just don't think he has the supporting cast to be productive this year.

Wrong.  He has a supporting cast that allows him to unleash his passing potential with the ability to showcase his accuracy and deep ball.

Only question obviously is the health of his WRs.  No questioning that one or more of his WRs will be hurt at one point in the season but having guys like Fuller/Cooks/Stills allow him to stretch the field with an aerial attack while having Cobb/DJ/Duke and his TEs for the short game.  This should also allow him to utilize his legs more when you spread out the offense.

Cooks being hurt already hits the offense but still has plenty of weapons to make plays with a shotty defense that will allow for positive fantasy potential but if the cards fall right, he could have a top 3 season.

• Like 2
Just now, ludawg23 said:

Wrong.  He has a supporting cast that allows him to unleash his passing potential with the ability to showcase his accuracy and deep ball.

Only question obviously is the health of his WRs.  No questioning that one or more of his WRs will be hurt at one point in the season but having guys like Fuller/Cooks/Stills allow him to stretch the field with an aerial attack while having Cobb/DJ/Duke and his TEs for the short game.  This should also allow him to utilize his legs more when you spread out the offense.

Cooks being hurt already hits the offense but still has plenty of weapons to make plays with a shotty defense that will allow for positive fantasy potential but if the cards fall right, he could have a top 3 season.

That's my point and Cooks is already hurt and I'd be shocked if Fuller makes it 6 games before being hurt. If they're hurt I don't think he has the supporting cast to be successful.  Again, I love his talent, and hope I'm wrong. Let's revisit this at week 8 and I'll happily admit if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

That's my point and Cooks is already hurt and I'd be shocked if Fuller makes it 6 games before being hurt. If they're hurt I don't think he has the supporting cast to be successful.  Again, I love his talent, and hope I'm wrong. Let's revisit this at week 8 and I'll happily admit if I'm wrong.

Supporting cast has talent...injuries are another story.  There is reason to be optimistic though. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

You're already wrong.

• Like 1

The man has finished 1st, 2nd and 4th in ppg in his short career yet is the 6th QB off the board. Was sacked 62 times in 2018 but only 44 in 2019 with Laremy Tunsil acquired less then 2 weeks before last season and a 1st round rookie learning on the fly at RT. All 5 olineman are back and more familiar so look for that sack number to decrease even more and Watson to return value with a chance to smash his ADP.

• Like 1