SyNdicateZ

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

For some super strange reason I feel like watson flames the ravens this week. 

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Yep I sense a shootout vs BAL. PIT kind of scares me, I'll re-evaluate after BAL.

+ 1

I'm getting the same vibes. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Is anyone considering picking up another QB for the next couple of weeks after what we saw Sunday? With Baltimore at home and Pittsburgh on the road due up the next couple of weeks, it might not be a bad idea. 

I will play him at home vs the Ravens but he's a bench for me vs the PIT pass rush and at Heinz (playing Big Ben instead)

So...last week was headed for bustville until his sanitation shift kicked in.

I imagine a dreadful outcome from beginning to end this week.

Who’s gonna sit him? 

Yes I know I didn’t draft him in the mid rounds to sit him. Yes I know that.

I'm sitting him for Big Ben.

Who knows how Watson will perform but the only thing he has going for him is that he's at home.  Ravens have a secondary to neutralize their WRs and their pass rush is gonna give the Texans fits.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I'm sitting him for Big Ben.

Who knows how Watson will perform but the only thing he has going for him is that he's at home.  Ravens have a secondary to neutralize their WRs and their pass rush is gonna give the Texans fits.

I agree with you. But, there is going to be plenty of garbage time in this one, imho. The Ravens are going to score and score a lot, and the Texans are going to have to try to catch up in the 2nd half. The question to me is how many garbage time stats Watson will be able to put up in this game. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I agree with you. But, there is going to be plenty of garbage time in this one, imho. The Ravens are going to score and score a lot, and the Texans are going to have to try to catch up in the 2nd half. The question to me is how many garbage time stats Watson will be able to put up in this game. 

Ravens are going to score early and often. I'm expecting a huge garbage time special for Deshaun.

tenor.gif?itemid=5983785

Really don't feel good about starting him today, in a league with a short bench, don't feel good dropping anyone either. Ben, Brady, Goff, Stafford, Rivers seem like safer bets. Cant afford to get 4 points like he did last year vs Baltimore. 

5 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Really don't feel good about starting him today, in a league with a short bench, don't feel good dropping anyone either. Ben, Brady, Goff, Stafford, Rivers seem like safer bets. Cant afford to get 4 points like he did last year vs Baltimore. 

Agreed. I'm rolling Brady vs Carolina over him. His stats last year vs Baltimore weren't great. For comparison sake, I checked out some Russell Wilson/Mahomes comparison stats vs Ravens (though I get comparing 2019 to 2020 isn't reliable) but neither of them had any rushing damage against Baltimore. IMO your decision to start is based on if you think Deshaun can beat the Ravens with his arm (if he had better talent maybe). 

The garbage time stats will have to come from his arm. The game might be closer than you think with David Johnson finally stabilizing that backfield. I'm expecting a very slow 24-21ish finish win for the Ravens and a lot of clock control from the Texans when they have the ball. As much as I think week 1 was more about the Chiefs defense and Texans offensive line issues than it was about Deshaun and his talent, his surrounding cast doesn't really get me confident in saying set it and forget it in my lineup. 

• Like 1

I dunno I’m starting to feel Watson does well in this game. I got a feeling of a barn burner

19 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I dunno I’m starting to feel Watson does well in this game. I got a feeling of a barn burner

I hope you’re right but I went with Big Ben. I just think the Texans offense is going to get smashed so badly they might not  get any traction even for garbagio

Good luck. Hope he burns up my bench

Jesus Christ- packaged Cam and others to obtain this guy (his schedule looks great and really don't care about his lack of pass catchers- he just makes it happen.)

What the hell- thought he would put up 20 on that defense today with garbage time. Fuller now hurt, and Cooks is one concussion from done? They need to get Watson to use his legs again...I'm starting in Pitt next week as Driskel and Jones have now lit them up, but still feeling gross about it.

Week 4 onwards....looks like a great schedule. 

I hate all the people who said don't worry that he has a bunch of bums for WRs and the worst HC in the league, and myself for listening to them. 

1 minute ago, Drewfus said:

I hate all the people who said don't worry that he has a bunch of bums for WRs and the worst HC in the league, and myself for listening to them. 

He seems like a buy low

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

This guy is a bum without Hopkins 

He's faced KC and Bal through the first two weeks. He'll be fine in spite of his HC. 

I'm grateful for what I got from him in this matchup. He didn't lose the week - although I will lose. He did alright considering the pressure he was facing.

11 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Didn't realize Adam Gase was the HC for the Texans

Ok second worst. Worst HC/GM. 

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm grateful for what I got from him in this matchup. He didn't lose the week - although I will lose. He did alright considering the pressure he was facing.

I traded him for Deshaun in a mixed asset trade...AMA. I lost because of him...and more importantly, lost because I traded Newton away. Looks like that'll haunt me for as long as Cam is healthy.

Deshaun's ceiling looks like nothing anymore compare to Cam. What gives? Am I overreacting? 

19 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Deshaun's ceiling looks like nothing anymore compare to Cam. What gives? Am I overreacting? 

Yes.  KC, Baltimore, and Pitt next week are floor games.  As of today we still don't have any idea what his ceiling looks like.

Edited by Johnny Rico

Whoever made the schedules hates the Texans. Or maybe they like the Texans and just want BOB out.

Absolutely brutal start. 

2 hours ago, Drewfus said:

Whoever made the schedules hates the Texans. Or maybe they like the Texans and just want BOB out.

Absolutely brutal start. 

The way the Steelers are playing if they don’t protect Watson he isn’t making it out of that game. 

I know they have played two awesome teams, but am I the only one concerned that the offense looks like absolute crap. This might be a 4-12 team. Better matchups will come, but the loss of Hopkins appears to have had devastating effects on the entire offense.