SyNdicateZ

Deshaun Watson 2020 Outlook

49 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I know they have played two awesome teams, but am I the only one concerned that the offense looks like absolute crap. This might be a 4-12 team. Better matchups will come, but the loss of Hopkins appears to have had devastating effects on the entire offense.

No, no you are not. The worst part is that this was entirely predictable. I bought the "he's too good to not finish top 5" from the pundits even though I really don't think he is. Maybe no one could be with this supporting cast and HC. 

Still mind blowing they threw away the Watson-Nuk connection to save a buck. Worst trade ever. 

• Like 1

With Fuller hurt now I'm definitely feeling a little panicked. PIT next week definitely won't be an easy game either. It does look like you can throw on the Steelers a bit but Watson may get crushed by that line. 

The Steelers secondary allowed a decent game by Daniel Jones (19.36 pts in my league) with a shoddy OL...then they allowed a pretty decent game by Jeff Driskel (19.74). In Pittsburgh, what are the odds that Watson can still put up 18+ points? Or are you guys looking to stream someone for this week? 

Looks like week 4 might be his get-right week...Minny at home. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

The Steelers secondary allowed a decent game by Daniel Jones (19.36 pts in my league) with a shoddy OL...then they allowed a pretty decent game by Jeff Driskel (19.74). In Pittsburgh, what are the odds that Watson can still put up 18+ points? Or are you guys looking to stream someone for this week? 

Texans are going to be in full on desperation mode this week at 0-2. 0-3 is a death wish in the NFL. Steelers are 2-0 coming off a lackluster game. Texans win 31-24 off 3 touchdowns from Watson and a 100 yard rushing game from David Johnson. 

• Like 2

Brutal first 3 weeks and has been sacked a lead high 8 times through 2 weeks.  Schedule certainly softens up after this week.  Hoping Fuller can come back and produce.

Zero chance I am playing him @ PIT with their pass rush.  Going to stream Big Ben instead.

Yeah, I won't be starting Watson this week either.

I drafted Minshew at the end of my draft as my back-up QB, and he may end up starting more games for me this season.

6 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Brutal first 3 weeks and has been sacked a lead high 8 times through 2 weeks.  Schedule certainly softens up after this week.  Hoping Fuller can come back and produce.

Zero chance I am playing him @ PIT with their pass rush.  Going to stream Big Ben instead.

Zero chance? The fantasy numbers speak for themselves that the Steelers are allowing fantasy points and the Texans are implied 21-22. That's low-end QB1 numbers. I have shallow benches and cannot afford to take on a backup QB in a 12 teamer. Watson should be startable. 

6 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm comfortable with him as a Low-end QB1 / top-15 option, considering 17 PPG for Steelers allowed is low-end QB1, along with game script and Watson being significantly more talented than Jones and Driskel...

Maybe I'm wrong here because I just traded for him, but I can't justify a backup QB right now on shallow 12 team benches. 

If the rest of your team is solid he's still worth rolling out every week instead of rostering a scrub backup. He's not winning anybody weeks yet but as the schedule softens he should put up some decent numbers.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm comfortable with him as a Low-end QB1 / top-15 option, considering 17 PPG for Steelers allowed is low-end QB1, along with game script and Watson being significantly more talented than Jones and Driskel...

Maybe I'm wrong here because I just traded for him, but I can't justify a backup QB right now on shallow 12 team benches. 

We have 8-man benches with Tannehill sitting on the wire. Probably a little easier for me to justify if I go that route. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

We have 8-man benches with Tannehill sitting on the wire. Probably a little easier for me to justify if I go that route. 

I think Tanny > Watson at this point.  Tanny has been straight ballin and just continues to be disrespected.

Tannehill or Minshew this week given they have been outperforming him and have better matchups this week. Other factor is that he has no good passing weapons right now. Fuller banged up as is Cooks. Cobb is an afterthought and they aren't using Johnson enough choosing tonrun him up the gut rather than get him the ball in space and let his vision get him good gains.

I think it was my mistake in the Draft imagining that Johnson and a better line with more of a surrounding cast would lead to a killer season. He is running for his life and while things get better after this week, he is on my bench for one of the previously mentioned quarterbacks .

19 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Texans are going to be in full on desperation mode this week at 0-2. 0-3 is a death wish in the NFL. Steelers are 2-0 coming off a lackluster game. Texans win 31-24 off 3 touchdowns from Watson and a 100 yard rushing game from David Johnson. 

1 hour ago, CanaBuc said:

Tannehill or Minshew this week given they have been outperforming him and have better matchups this week. Other factor is that he has no good passing weapons right now. Fuller banged up as is Cooks. Cobb is an afterthought and they aren't using Johnson enough choosing tonrun him up the gut rather than get him the ball in space and let his vision get him good gains.

I think it was my mistake in the Draft imagining that Johnson and a better line with more of a surrounding cast would lead to a killer season. He is running for his life and while things get better after this week, he is on my bench for one of the previously mentioned quarterbacks .

Cobb and Cooks had a good yardage last week and so did Akins. His weapons aren't elite but the QB is elite and will get the most out of his weapons. Maybe this week's a bench but he should be good to go going forward. 

Pains me to say it having owned him every year he's been in the league, but he's simply not a QB1 anymore. It's not his fault, but losing Hopkins is a massive blow. He just doesn't have enough weapons (even when Fuller is healthy). 

1 minute ago, SnickSnack said:

I guess the question is...if Pittsburgh builds a healthy lead, will they sit back and let Watson have the underneath stuff and allow the garbage-time fantasy points? Or will they continue to attack all game? 

55 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I guess the question is...if Pittsburgh builds a healthy lead, will they sit back and let Watson have the underneath stuff and allow the garbage-time fantasy points? Or will they continue to attack all game? 

They steady attack, the blitz rate is insane right now. I could see them blitzing a little less and playing more zone just because of the threat of Watson running though. 

• Thanks 1

I can't believe I am starting Trubisky over Watson this week. The Steelers defense scares me and Texan's oline looking bad so far. I hope he can have a good game.

4 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I can't believe I am starting Trubisky over Watson this week. The Steelers defense scares me and Texan's oline looking bad so far. I hope he can have a good game.

It's tough for anyone to sit him because he's been a top 6 QB. But, I can't believe I fell for him knowing that Nuk was gone and that Fuller and Cooks never stay healthy. Derp! I don't think we want to start listing the QBs we passed over to select this guy. Haha!

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

It's tough for anyone to sit him because he's been a top 6 QB. But, I can't believe I fell for him knowing that Nuk was gone and that Fuller and Cooks never stay healthy. Derp! I don't think we want to start listing the QBs we passed over to select this guy. Haha!

In his range, Dak/Murray which is a tough pill to swallow.  Watson has the better resume IMO and was deemed as the "safer" pick but hard to deny that Dak/Murray are flourishing with the weapons they have and also their individual talent.