Phillip Dorsett 2020 Outlook

Another small speed wr for Wilson? Why cant they get Russell more size?🤨

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Another small speed wr for Wilson? Why cant they get Russell more size?🤨

Isn’t Metcalf something like 6’4” 230?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Isn’t Metcalf something like 6’4” 230?

but he is the ONLY one excludng the TE's. . .why sign dorsett when you have a big and fast target like Perriman available too?  We saw how well he performed when Winston would chuck it to him.

Edited by dashoe

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

but he is the ONLY one excludng the TE's. . .why sign dorsett when you have a big and fast target like Perriman available too?  We saw how well he performed when Winston would chuck it to him.

Who knows?  It’s been awful quiet news-wise on the Perriman front.  It’s pretty odd.

9 minutes ago, DLB4ever said:

Whose Phillip Dorsett?? 

Someone who won;t help Russell Wilson much on a run first offense 

I'd be surprised to see him make the final roster especially after Gordon gets reinstated.

Perriman just got 8 mil, Dorsett probably doesn't get even 2 mil so that explains that decision.    All this says to me is that Metcalf is gonna be the red zone beast, and me likey.   Dont forget they have something like a half dozen TE's too.   Lockett and Metcalf are good enough to get the job done for Russ IMO

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dashoe said:

Huh?

David Moore: 6'0" 215lbs

Malik Turner: 6'2" 200lbs

Cody Thompson 6'2" 200lbs

These guys aren't DK Metcalf size but honestly, how many WRs are? Metcalf is a freak of nature lol. Labeling all of Seattle's WRs as "small speed guys" just isn't accurate. In fact, aside from Lockett, Dorsett looks to be the only "small, fast WR" that will get much playing time since Metcalf, Moore and Turner have some size.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Did Turner and Thompson get many targets?

I don't think anyone said they did? The argument was that all of Seattle's WRs were "small, speed guys." They're not. In fact, it was emphasized that Metcalf was the ONLY one that isn't a "small, speed guy." I would argue that they now have (2) "small, speed guys" that will even see the field (this includes Dorsett).

Edited by ThreadKiller

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

They had Jaron Brown last season as well. And other big targets over the years. Like Chris Matthews.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

They had Jaron Brown last season as well. And other big targets over the years. Like Chris Matthews.

Forgot about him (6'3" 200lbs). They also had Josh Gordon for part of last year as well (6'3" 225lbs).

Dorsett should make the team, but I am not sure how big of a role he will have in the offense.  Malik Turner was not at all ready for prime time last season.  If Gordon comes back, though, it will be even tougher.

8 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

I don't think anyone said they did? The argument was that all of Seattle's WRs were "small, speed guys." They're not. In fact, it was emphasized that Metcalf was the ONLY one that isn't a "small, speed guy." I would argue that they now have (2) "small, speed guys" that will even see the field (this includes Dorsett).

I didn't say anyone said they did. I was simply asking a question...no underhanded purpose or ulterior motive. Was just asking a question for the sake of information. 

• Like 1