dashoe

Breshad Perriman 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

I think Crowder will be the wr to own in this offense. I think the jets will be playing from behind a lot with Gase as the HC for Perriman to be more fantasy relevant  than robby was last season

Edited by dashoe

50 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think Crowder will be the wr to own in this offense. I think the jets will be playing from behind a lot with Gase as the HC for Perriman to be more fantasy relevant  than robby was last season

Speak of the devil!

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 1:36 AM, dashoe said:

What in the hell. 6M guaranteed??

He has a grand total of 1560 yards over 4 seasons. That's not horrible, but there are plenty similar players:

- Chris Conley: 5M for 2 years
- Marquise Goodwin: 2.35 for 1 year
- Dontrelle Inman: 800k for 1 year
- Taylor Gabriel has 164/2000/13 over the past 4 years and sits at home counting his toes!

I don't know who Perriman's agent is, but I want to hire him.

b16ee76dd0dbebe66ffaeda66d1f9965.gif

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

He has a grand total of 1560 yards over 4 seasons. That's not horrible, but there are plenty similar players:

- Taylor Gabriel has 164/2000/13 over the past 4 years and sits at home counting his toes!

Outisde of Gabriel's yearly 1 game outburst show me a 5 game stretch (perriman's end of season) where any of those bums went 25 catches for 506 yards and 5tds. Excellent job by his agent, but this guy is still young and may have finally figured it out. 

I’d be more interested if he weren’t playing for Gase...worst HC in the league and the anti-maximizer of his best players talents.

Perriman sure showed flashes last season, but the guy is not only an injury risk he is also not very reliable. He does have talent and like I said it was shown in flashes last season. If you want a WR who goes crazy one weak and then you get the idea you have a WR2 and then the next 2 or 3 weeks he is a dud Perriman is that player in my opinion. That isn't taking into consideration the injuries.

7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Being a former first rounder I think, right or wrong, sometimes pays dividends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Being a former first rounder I think, right or wrong, sometimes pays dividends.

Yes, he was a 2015 1st Rounder.

Over the past 2 seasons, among WRs with at least 75 targets, first-year #Jets WR Breshad Perriman:

* Ranks No. 2 in yards per catch (18.9)

* Ranks No. 5 in yards per target (10.6)

* Scored 8 TDs on 52 catches (15.4%)

* Dropped ONE pass on 94 targets

19 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

* Ranks No. 2 in yards per catch (18.9)

* Ranks No. 5 in yards per target (10.6)

That's saying he's a deep target. He couples that with a 55% catch rate, catching balls from Mayfield and Winston (and in the past Flacco). Mwah.

22 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

* Scored 8 TDs on 52 catches (15.4%)

That's certainly not terrible, but also not exceptional. Here are all those receivers (with 75 targets over the past 2 years); I plotted the TDs against the catches.

image.png.f842cecf89c59379fa3a453556fb4d7b.png

Perriman does well, but it's not exceptional.

34 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

* Dropped ONE pass on 94 targets

That is certainly impressive (I think). However, playerprofiler seems to think he has 3 drops in 2019, and pro football reference has 0. I'm confused.

I also just spent 20 minutes looking at some of his tape. Certainly not a bad receiver, can run a slant, obviously fast as Speedy Gonzalez. I own him btw, so I certainly hope he can resurrect his career at the Jets, I just wanted to show that these stats are often a bit misleading.

• Like 1

... all to illustrate that he's a decent stash as a wr3 - was not proclaiming him anything above that - kid has chops, the situation could be better, sure ... best case is an Anderson type role here - none too far fetched. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

best case is an Anderson type role here - none too far fetched

You think he's going to get arrested and tell the cop he's going to nut in his wife's eyes??

4853A4CA00000578-0-image-a-24_1516395801

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

You think he's going to get arrested and tell the cop he's going to nut in his wife's eyes??

4853A4CA00000578-0-image-a-24_1516395801

Disgusted Oh My God GIF by The Maury Show - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 8/21/2020 at 4:20 AM, Boudewijn said:

That's certainly not terrible, but also not exceptional. Here are all those receivers (with 75 targets over the past 2 years); I plotted the TDs against the catches.

image.png.f842cecf89c59379fa3a453556fb4d7b.png

Perriman does well, but it's not exceptional.

I think 8 TDs over 52 catches is quite exceptional. That's a pace for 12 TDs over 78 catches...16 over 104. 

This guy looked great at the end of last year and won people some titles. That was after years of being a bust and dropping everything so it’s really hard to know what to expect here. Jets will likely suck again so there will be lots of garbage time at least. I don’t like anyone else there expect Herndon so there should be a ton of targets. I might try to get some shares of Perriman but not going to reach.

5 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

why aren't we talking about this guy more?  darnold has to throw it to someone.

Jamison Crowder 100 catches book it.

He was awesome when he got his chance last year...I could see him finishing top 36.  But I could also see not...on the Jets I want Herndon and crowder only.

Any hope for this Jets offense? I didn't watch the game, did Darnold suck or was the Bills defense that good? Thinking of dropping Perriman

q) who was the only non qb to be in on 100% of their team's snaps in week one?

** Jeopardy Theme **

Breshad Perriman

ok, so the stat line was abysmal, but, hey - 100% is 100%.

Crowder pops up on the injury report with a hammy, the 'Niners make the cross country trek for the early start (one of my favorite betting angles), and banged up a bit (Sherman put on IR) ... hey, 100% is 100%.

freakier ish has happened ... not necessarily advocating a slam dunk spec, but perhaps you chaps who do the DFS wanna swing for the fences. 

Gase? "brilliant" offensive mind? can this kid rise above?

nailing Jell-O to the wall. 

• Like 3

Is anyone else starting to feel tempted to play Perriman this week? I don't feel good about it but who else is going to get the ball other than Herndon? If you're WRs are dropping like flies, like mine are, this might be worth a shot. Anybody considering?

2 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Is anyone else starting to feel tempted to play Perriman this week? I don't feel good about it but who else is going to get the ball other than Herndon? If you're WRs are dropping like flies, like mine are, this might be worth a shot. Anybody considering?

I'm not tempted, but I have close to no choice. It's either him or Mike Williams. Lol

32 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

If you feel that he is a strong chance to be one of the Jets 16 implied points then go for it. I do not, but 49ers are banged up lol