Bieber

I like lux

But bieber is top 10 and young

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Hell no.

If Lux goes on to got 300 20-100-15  as a 22yr old would that change your opinion?

It would create a debate,provided Puk has a healthy season and produces close to projections.Not many teams able to absorb loss of Bieb's stats.

• Thanks 1

Lux all by himself wins!! It's not even close! Elite up & coming catcher in a lethal offense. Move the buckeye state & win you're league. 

• Haha 2

I take Bieber

• Thanks 1

League settings would allow for a more informed response, but in a vacuum take Bieber.  Puk's injury and Lux struggles against southpaws/potential to platoon this season w/Hernandez,  would suggest that the market for Bieber is significantly greater.  Even if you believe in Puk and Lux long term, the current market play favors Bieber decisively...even in a dynasty environment imo.    

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bigbossman said:

If Lux goes on to got 300 20-100-15  as a 22yr old would that change your opinion?

It would make me think for sure, but we don’t know if he will, while we know that Bieber is definitely an ace. Even if he did do that, I feel that Bieber has more value.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Lux all by himself wins!! It's not even close! Elite up & coming catcher in a lethal offense. Move the buckeye state & win you're league. 

That clinches it — Bieber it is!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Catcher?

3 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Catcher?

Rush doesn’t practice social distancing with his alcohol collection.

• Haha 4

You can't even consider Puk until he gets back on the mound. I know it looks like a buying opportunity, but in reality its a chance for you to get stuck with a pitcher before he needs TJ. Syndergaard's came out of nowhere, seemingly. There haven't been any good reports on Puk yet, so ignore him until further notice. 

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

You can't even consider Puk until he gets back on the mound. I know it looks like a buying opportunity, but in reality its a chance for you to get stuck with a pitcher before he needs TJ. Syndergaard's came out of nowhere, seemingly. There haven't been any good reports on Puk yet, so ignore him until further notice. 

Another good point.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:18 PM, Richard Kimble said:

Puk already had TJ, so that risk is mitigated more than someone who hasn't yet.  Also he looked good out of the bullpen last year...

Posted (edited)

He will do the deal if I add Riley

So Bieber for Lux, Puk and Riley

Trading Riley means I have to play Edman at 3B all season...

My rotation would be:

Mad Max, Kershaw, Bieber, Montas, Ray, Price, Tanaka, Keuchel (with Sale out with TJ)

Edited by bigbossman

If you can get Bieber with that package, jump on it. Elite young arms are hard to come by and your sending a package full of questions. Can Puk stay healthy? Who is the real Riley(the Braves dont even seem to know as reports where that Carmargo was going to win the 3B job)? And Lux hasn't proven anything yet. He should be good but we've seen it 100 times before when guys just cant translate their minor league numbers to the bigs. I wouldnt be surprised at all if this time next year (if we have a 2020 season) we would be talking about Bieber as a CY winner, Puk being moved to the pen because of health concerns, Riley being a non factor in AAA and Lux entering his sophomore year trying to improve on a disappointing rookie start. Or....Puk stays healthy and proves to be a top of rotation talent, Riley proves his 2019 streak wasn't a fluke and Lux lives up to his hype. It will take 2 of those 3 things to happen for this trade to brake even in my opinion. Soooooo....jump on Bieber is my opinion! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shorthop said:

It will take 2 of those 3 things to happen for this trade to brake even in my opinion. Soooooo....jump on Bieber is my opinion! 

I agree, and I think 1 of 3 is likeliest outcome.

Break even. Sorry, come from a tribe of English teachers. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bigbossman said:

My rotation would be:

Mad Max, Kershaw, Bieber, Montas, Ray, Price, Tanaka, Keuchel (with Sale out with TJ)

Looks pretty good to me!

• Like 1