Noah Fant 2020 Outlook

On 3/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have a league mate that called Fant a top 4 TE this season

So I guess he is saying

1. Kelce

2. Kittle

3. Andrews

4. Fant?

What about Hooper? Ertz? Engram? Goedert? 

Will Dissly had great stats until he got hurt, and 'they say' Hayden Hurst is better than Austin Hooper, who he replaces in Atlanta. Fant needs to block better, so how well he does depends on who they are playing. I'm not guessing when I say he needs to block better - that's coming from someone well-connected to Denver. Fant is nowhere near a #4 yet, and may never be, but he is a great receiver capable of 150/2.  Don't forget Den added Melvin Gordon and Jerry Jeudy, who need downfield blocking as well.

Beast , but I don't think the targets will be there.

It's going to be the Jerry Jeudy show & Sutton when he's back.  Gordon was signed . Broncos want to be a run first team

But I've been wrong before, we shall see. He could be sneaky good until Courtland Sutton returns. Then it's going to be extremely volatile. 

17 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Tough matchup. Lock is still fairly unproven and no Sutton hurts them immensely. 

Titans are missing a good CB, Adoree Jackson.

I know it's early and the Broncos don't have Sutton, but Fant looks really explosive today.

23 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I know it's early and the Broncos don't have Sutton, but Fant looks really explosive today.

Talent was never the issue with Fant. Last year he was a rookie and rookie TEs always struggle, and then the worry this year was the target share. Even with Sutton he has the upside to be a top 5 TE. 

Had the case of bad dropsies last season but looks to have really improved his hands.  Looks great running after the catch.

• Thanks 1

Got Fant in only 1 of my leagues, can’t believe I wasn’t more focused on him in my other leagues. Should of knew better cause Drew Lock is the real deal, and he obviously loves throwing to Fant.

• Like 1

He's a beast no doubt, but we should temper expectations when Sutton gets back.  

+ the more Jeudy plays, I would think he garners a bigger piece of the pie as well.

This coming from a Fant owner. I would like nothing more for Noah to go ham this season, don't get me wrong.

KJ Hammler the rookie wideout did not suit up either for this contest, doesn't really matter to be honest but thought I would mention it. He's a straight burner , who should at least garner a few looks a game.

With all that being said, I'm excited to see what he has in store for 2020. Drew Lock looked pretty good out there today.

• Like 3

Guy looks like an absolute stud in the first half and gets completely ignored after halftime. This coaching staff is a joke.

Going away from Fant very well may have cost them that game. He looked great. That short PA pass catch and run...looked like Kittle on that. He can really move.

It was working so well featuring Fant; I'm glad they decided to ditch him completely in the 2nd half.  Amazing coaching to pull this defeat from the jaws of victory - lol Donkeys!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

First half looked great. Second half was bad. His usage was strange. Jake Butt is a pedestrian. Vannett is serviceable. But why?  Why so many strange odd packages?  This concerns me. Plus, Lock is not good. Might consider selling high but Fant looked like Gronkowski of old - this is gonna be a pickle. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

First half looked great. Second half was bad. His usage was strange. Jake Butt is a pedestrian. Vannett is serviceable. But why?  Why so many strange odd packages?  This concerns me. Plus, Lock is not good. Might consider selling high but Fant looked like Gronkowski of old - this is gonna be a pickle. 

I can away thinking the exact opposite. Lock looks to me, like he's gona make it in the league. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What game were you watching? Lock had a couple of bad snaps and a few throws that were off base but he definitely has the NFL arm. Just wait for those deep bombs to start connecting when he's not throwing to third stringers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Guy looks like an absolute stud in the first half and gets completely ignored after halftime. This coaching staff is a joke.

To be fair, the plays they did call were still working. Their drives ended on drops by Jeudy and an overthrew by Lock for an open TD. 

They just didn't have many plays in the 2nd half in general. Tennessee plays short games.

Still looks like Fant is going to be a monster this year.

I guess my only complaint (besides obv 2nd H usage) would be that despite not having their #1 WR and likely slot guy--he spent the entire night in-line.

I watched 90% of the game, though I have not read the snap charts...but he always seemed to be next to the tackle with a hand down. Get him in the slot, at least!

I decided to wait and not make any waiver moves for TE this week as I used my priority to grab Snell (bigger need at RB).

Low and behold, waivers came and went and Fant was still sitting on the wire. Dropped Ebron to grab him first thing this morning.

Sets me up with Ertz/Fant - happy with that, and surprised he didn't get scooped up.

4 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I decided to wait and not make any waiver moves for TE this week as I used my priority to grab Snell (bigger need at RB).

Low and behold, waivers came and went and Fant was still sitting on the wire. Dropped Ebron to grab him first thing this morning.

Sets me up with Ertz/Fant - happy with that, and surprised he didn't get scooped up.

What kind of weak league still had Fant available?!?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Marbones26 said:

What kind of weak league still had Fant available?!?

It's only a 10 teamer, no TE premium, and relatively shallow bench - so I'm not that surprised a 2nd year TE who had yet to prove himself, with an even less proven QB, was there. I was a little surprised that he wasn't picked up this week - but I'm not complaining either.

Im fading him this week @ PIT . Even if Sutton sits 

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Im fading him this week @ PIT . Even if Sutton sits 

It is prob prudent...E Engram was awfully open and letting it clank off his hands, but he was running a lot from slot/wide spots.

Fant just hangs in-line and might get engulfed a bit by the 3-4 edge guys.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Fant available is criminal