Flyman75

Noah Fant 2020 Outlook

Call me crazy but if Sutton plays I’ll likely start the likes of Logan Thomas over him with how Evan Engram was dispatched by Pittsburg. Both of those players win in similar ways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Im fading him this week @ PIT . Even if Sutton sits 

I'm thinking that Fant might be the best thing that Denver has going next week.  Steelers are middle of the pack when it comes to defense against TEs but they are so damn good at getting to the QB.  Gonna need to draw up some nice plays for Fant.  For some reason, I have a bad feeling that I am going to see Butt(face) and Vannottgood out there a lot. 

• Like 2

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm thinking that Fant might be the best thing that Denver has going next week.  Steelers are middle of the pack when it comes to defense against TEs but they are so damn good at getting to the QB.  Gonna need to draw up some nice plays for Fant.  For some reason, I have a bad feeling that I am going to see Butt(face) and Vannottgood out there a lot. 

this is my concern too... they got cute with butt and the other guy for some odd reason. Maddening. I think there's a nice opportunity here for big day actually, quick hitters to him and they showed the screen to slow the pass rush against TN and he had a nice chunk gain. I do not have all of the faith in the world after the 2nd half abandonment last week but I have enough to put him out there and expect a back end TE1 day. This guy can win match ups all day long. 

• Like 1

I just traded my other TE (waller) and am all aboard the Fant train for the ROS. I am a little concerned about this week, but i do think they have to go back to the tape and see that they need to keep feeding him instead of shying away in the 2nd half. in terms of Sutton being healthy this week or whenever, i have to believe that that only helps his value long term no? I also don't think lock is complete trash so that helps with his outlook too

4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Im fading him this week @ PIT . Even if Sutton sits 

WTF does "fading" mean?  Like you're not starting him this week?  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, VIKEVIKE77 said:

this is my concern too... they got cute with butt and the other guy for some odd reason. Maddening. I think there's a nice opportunity here for big day actually, quick hitters to him and they showed the screen to slow the pass rush against TN and he had a nice chunk gain. I do not have all of the faith in the world after the 2nd half abandonment last week but I have enough to put him out there and expect a back end TE1 day. This guy can win match ups all day long. 

That second half abandonment is exactly as you put it, maddening!  I really wanted the points to win my matchup but it was driving me crazy cause Fant literally looked like a dark skinned Gronkowski out there during the first half.  Give this dude the damn ball!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

WTF does "fading" mean?  Like you're not starting him this week?  

I can't speak for CMC but I called my broker first thing Monday morning and bought an entire tranche of credit default swaps.

This guy is a stud. Traded Waller last week because I was high on fant this year and looks like it may pay off

• Like 1

The Driskel to Fant connection is real. 

I'm just curious why such low targets tho.  6 targets last week & 5 today.

And this is with Sutton Out game 1 + leaving today's game early.

I know he can do damage with minimal targets, but the TD's won't always be there.

All in all great game by Fant. This could very well be his breakout year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

So Sutton out for year, backup QB. Does that help or hurt this dude?

I was watching game yesterday. Seems like Fant is Driskel's safety valve. I think this helps him. Top 3-4 TE ROS.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, noles1983 said:

So Sutton out for year, backup QB. Does that help or hurt this dude?

I think that no matter the QB, with Sutton's injury Fant is elevated to the top target in this offense and he'll be a borderline top 5 TE ROS.

I don't think it's too much of a Fantasy to say that Fant will be a top 5 tight end. He should continue to beast rest of the way. 

Announcers on MNF saying Waller is fastest TE and it's not close.  Hyperbole?  What about Fant?

On 9/20/2020 at 2:50 PM, coleworld7 said:

This guy is a stud. Traded Waller last week because I was high on fant this year and looks like it may pay off

Easy come easy go as they say 

8 hours ago, MrArmageddon said:

What do you all think his trade value is? DJ Chark - tier guys?

Why would you trade him at all? He’s potential cheat code at TE since he’s really a WR with only a rookie WR to compete with for targets. 

I always kind of wondered why he was ranked so low coming into the year. TE's almost always suck as rookies but this guy was a 1st round pick with off the charts athleticism from a school that has produced a ton of really good TE's over the years. I thought some of the community was underselling a potential breakout from him and Hockenson.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Magoo said:

Why would you trade him at all? He’s potential cheat code at TE since he’s really a WR with only a rookie WR to compete with for targets. 

I'm trying to acquire him.

It’s a shame Lock is injured.

Fant is legit a Top5 TE in the league.

Sutton out the whole year, he should be the 1A to Jeudy’s 1B.

The backup QB play is shaky at best.

But atleast there’s a massive target share, as evident from today’s game. 

4 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

10 targets is huge for a TE .. He’s a stud in the making 

I didn't see any of this last game but heard rumblings about drops? Is he dropping easy passes? I do like having this guy in a big keeper/dynasty league.

7 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I didn't see any of this last game but heard rumblings about drops? Is he dropping easy passes? I do like having this guy in a big keeper/dynasty league.

I watched the game and yes I saw a few bad drops.