Flyman75

Noah Fant 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Poopyfist said:

What are folks thoughts on the weather in Denver this weekend? Seeing reports of 6+ inches of snow throughout the day. Not a great look for Fant. Excited to watch the game though, love me some snow games!

from Rotogrinders:

This game is going to be absolutely frigid, temps around 20 degrees. We also have a good chance of seeing snow, though the actual amount of snow is a bit of a question mark. Best guess for in-game snow at this point would be maybe an inch total during the 3 hour game, with more snow coming after the game than during.

Regardless of the snow, I think the cold is enough to take some distance off FG's and make throwing and catching a bit harder. It's not impossible to move the ball in these conditions, but it's not ideal.

OK, I'm a bit worried.

got no choice but to roll him out due to injuries and bye weeks regardless of weather if I can get a safe floor of 10pts ppr I'll be happy not expecting a big game maybe 1 TD 4-6 targets 35-50 yards 2 red zone targets?

Major snow "warning." Looking at 4-6 inches of snow.  Running backs should be able to have some success, but WR/TE it's going to be tough sledding.  I'd take the under in all bets at this time.

• Like 1

Some of u are overthinking this snow, Fant is a Top 5 TE when on the field and now he has Drew Lock back that will be peppering him all game. U have to remember that when playing in snow and rain the offense always has the advantage because they know where their going each play. Only TE’s I would start over Fant is the obvious list every week and that would be Kelce, Kittle, Waller, or Jonnu, set and forget otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, yanksman said:

So is this guy still hurt? What a disaster the TE position is.

He still got 7 targets.

Also, when you factor in the other 2 TEs, Lock targeted the TE position a whopping 17 TIMES (nearly half his throws) for 12 catches and 123 yards.

I haven’t seen snap counts so I’m not sure if they were limiting his usage first game back in the snow, but Lock LOVES throwing to his TEs, and it’s obvious that Fant is the most talented TE they have.

Assuming he came out of this game healthy I’m not too worried moving forward.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He still got 7 targets.

Also, when you factor in the other 2 TEs, Lock targeted the TE position a whopping 17 TIMES (nearly half his throws) for 12 catches and 123 yards.

I haven’t seen snap counts so I’m not sure if they were limiting his usage first game back in the snow, but Lock LOVES throwing to his TEs, and it’s obvious that Fant is the most talented TE they have.

I heard he was limping throughout the game and he was stuck on 1 catch for 3 yards until the 4th qtr.

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I heard he was limping throughout the game and he was stuck on 1 catch for 3 yards until the 4th qtr.

I was mostly watching Red Zone so didn’t see the whole game, but the fact that most of his production came in the 4th quarter is somewhat promising that he didn’t make things worse.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what the reports are on his health this week.

Hes still banged up they should have let him rest up through the snow slaughter.

Any word on this guy playing this week? He looked gimpy all game and even worse towards the end of the game on Sunday.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:01 AM, yanksman said:

All true, and yeah it was very obvious his ankle was bothering him all game.

So here is my take on this guy so far (I own him in 2 deep keeper/dynasty leagues):

• When healthy, at the start of the year, he was getting between 5-10 targets per game and scored a couple TDs. He was looking pretty good.
  • He's obviously still hurting but somehow  managed 7 "targets" last game. Having said that a couple were pretty ugly passes. Either Fant totally blew the route (which it didn't seem to be) or Drew wasn't even close. Overall good news that he's still getting the targets.
  • He's gassed and winded after every play. I mentioned this earlier in the year but it seems worse now - as a result of his injury maybe? Not sure if he's still adjusting to the DEN air but get this guy some conditioning. He has to take plays off to catch his breath and that means he's not in the game - not good.
  • He's listed at 249? no fricken way, not this year. More like 275+ - see conditioning comment.
  • Okwuegbunam - supposedly this kid (he was drafted in the 4th round) played ball with Drew - this kid also got 7 receptions last game. If they decide to rest Fant to get him healthy this kid might end up taking over. Keep your eyes open.

While I was excited to start the season off with Fant in multiple leagues I'm not enjoying what this has come too.  Anyone else want to add to this - especially those who watch more DEN football than I do?

• Like 4

On 10/26/2020 at 9:50 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

He still got 7 targets.

He ended up with 70% of the snaps which before his injury through the first 3 weeks he was averaging 79%. So a slight down tick but he was on the field a lot. 

I watched the entire game and I couldn’t tell if it was his ankle bothering him or he was just winded. They showed him on the sideline hunched down taking deep breathes multiple times. 

He was also open a couple times where the throw was just missed so maybe the conditions messed with Lock or Fant was slightly slower recovering from injury or from not having time to get his conditioning up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alleyce said:

He ended up with 70% of the snaps which before his injury through the first 3 weeks he was averaging 79%. So a slight down tick but he was on the field a lot. 

I watched the entire game and I couldn’t tell if it was his ankle bothering him or he was just winded. They showed him on the sideline hunched down taking deep breathes multiple times. 

He was also open a couple times where the throw was just missed so maybe the conditions messed with Lock or Fant was slightly slower recovering from injury or from not having time to get his conditioning up. 

I have such high hopes for this guy, he should end up a beast.... but him needing to take a break after going in motion is a concern.

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

All true, and yeah it was very obvious his ankle was bothering him all game.

Yes, he's definitely hobbled, and I think he rushed coming back from the ankle injury.  I'm sure he won't practice this week, and might be dicey for Sunday.  Fant was limping throughout the game Sunday.

Don’t understand why they would rush him back or continue to play him if his ankle was bothering him, cause to me he definitely looked like he was bothered by it from the beginning to the end of the game. I also agree with the above posters, I noticed alot this yr that he has been overly exhausted and short of breath.

Edited by Tomei7

49 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I'm tryna figure out what's up here... you ever tryna'it?

U of Iowa Public Relations dept. declined to retweet.

3 hours ago, Krustyburger said:

He's overrated and crocked on a bad team. If Goedert is on the wire, drop city

He beat you one of these fantasy weeks? Lol I don't think one person in here's overrating him. No one said he's Kelce Kittle Andrews or any of the top 5.