Sign in to follow this  
Zig Zag

Altuve for Albies? WHIR

Would you trade Jose Altuve and Nicholas Castellanos for Ozzie Albies and Tim Anderson?    Castellanos is my 4th OF'er and I could use Tim Anderson at my SS spot since my current SS is Jean Segura.   Which side would you rather have?

WHIR just leave a link

I would. Altuve is in decline and Albies is the better 2B. Castellanos is vastly overrated. He’s not a 30 HR hat, he doesn’t steal bases, Anderson can steal 20+ bases and hit 20 HR. Do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

I would. Altuve is in decline and Albies is the better 2B. Castellanos is vastly overrated. He’s not a 30 HR hat, he doesn’t steal bases, Anderson can steal 20+ bases and hit 20 HR. Do it.

Nick hit 16 in 51 games

At 28, hes in his prime, in a great park.

Altuve had a .900 ops

Keeper, I take albies.

This year, nick side

• Like 1

If you need Anderson then absolutely. Albies > Altuve. You’re getting the best player in the deal plus filling your need

• Like 1

Anderson is a decent upgrade to Segura, his floor is around where Segura's mid-ceiling rests (is that a thing? he has a vaulted ceiling but its dusty with cobwebs) and Albies is an upgrade to Altuve as well. Castellanos is nice and could post a career year in an upgraded Reds offense, but if he is truly a 4th OFer then you can move him. There's some risk you're losing a bit of power juice, but offsetting it with a boost in steals while maintaining solid BA. In reality, if Altuve declines any further this year, you'll come out ahead, even if Castellanos posts career best numbers. This is also assuming Tim Anderson's BA declines below 300, so honestly I really like your side. I'd probably try to unload Segura afterwards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Nick hit 16 in 51 games

At 28, hes in his prime, in a great park.

Altuve had a .900 ops

Keeper, I take albies.

This year, nick side

In a contract year on a different team and after being underwhelming in Detroit. He was supposed to hit 30 for a while now and I read some people saying he’s going to be like Freeman. These days you can get 30 from a lot of players, but SB’s are harder to get, which makes Albies and Anderson more valuable. I think that Albies is already as good if not better than Altuve.

• Like 1

Keep you're players counter, and move some mt for the Ozzie/Anderson duo. 

• Haha 1