Sign in to follow this  
aMediumPace

Deep 20 team dynasty CI options

H2H scoring, I need to pick from these guys ...help! Who are your top 3 choices? 

Justin Smoak 

Nate Lowe 

Jesus Aguilar

Yandy Diaz

Brian Anderson

Yoshi Tsutsugo 

Daniel Murphy 

Lowe by alot

But I do like aguilar to rebound

Yandy nice

Cheese head he hits a lot of taters anywhere from 20 - 30 a season, Both the big guava players 

I'm with you guys on liking Lowes potential but it just feels like TB is going to keep him buried-they sign SO MANY 1B/DH types! If he isn't going to be a full(ish) time starter for another 2-3 seasons, then I don't know if hes worth the roster spot. I like guys like Diaz,Anderson, and Tsutsugo for the multi position eligibility. Leaning toward Yandy, because I think out of all these guys ,his ceiling is highest if he puts it all together this year. If he improves his launch angle , with those guns , he could be a 40 hr guy in a full season of AB. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, aMediumPace said:

I'm with you guys on liking Lowes potential but it just feels like TB is going to keep him buried-they sign SO MANY 1B/DH types! If he isn't going to be a full(ish) time starter for another 2-3 seasons, then I don't know if hes worth the roster spot. I like guys like Diaz,Anderson, and Tsutsugo for the multi position eligibility. Leaning toward Yandy, because I think out of all these guys ,his ceiling is highest if he puts it all together this year. If he improves his launch angle , with those guns , he could be a 40 hr guy in a full season of AB. 

Your on the right track imo.  Lowe has potential but in the short term, consistent playing time simply won't be there.  

Most intriguing name on the list is Anderson imo, based on last years gains.  He sported an 8.9% barrel rate, near 46% hard-hit rate, with the ability to spray the ball to all fields.  Seems pretty locked into the two slot in the Marlins lineup, so will receive ample at bats (scoring ops).  

Yandy would be second on the podium, based on raw power, however the aforementioned below average launch angle, coupled with the > 50% ground ball rate are still worrisome. He offers the highest ceiling with some tweaks to the swing.    

Tsutsugo/Smoak/Lowe......pick one for third place on the podium (would sway Tsutsugo or Smoak if competing this season) 

Edited by F@ndemonium

Yandy I like, but no way is he close to a 40 hr guy

Lowe will play at some point.

Even if its somewhere else.

Hes Rhys hoskins, with a better BA

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Yandy I like, but no way is he close to a 40 hr guy

I realize he isn't right now. As jacked as he is, with his fairly decent contact skills and ability to hit the ball hard, you don't think with the proper launch angle , he could hit 40 HR in ,say, 550-600 PA? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aMediumPace said:

I realize he isn't right now. As jacked as he is, with his fairly decent contact skills and ability to hit the ball hard, you don't think with the proper launch angle , he could hit 40 HR in ,say, 550-600 PA? 

I would say 30. But I guess it's possible. He hits way too many GB right now. Lowe has 35 to 40 hr power.

I guess it comes down to BA and AB for both.

I did 11 keeper drafts. Nate went in all if them. Yandy none.

In a dynasty that size, it’s definitely Lowe.  Surprised he isn’t owned already!