I wish Steelers would make some moves to try and get into the first round 

4 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I wish Steelers would make some moves to try and get into the first round 

You have someone in mind they should go after?

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

You have someone in mind they should go after?

considering ben's age, mason rudolph's mediocrity, passing off joshua dobbs to the jaguars, i'd like to see the steelers trade up to get justin herbert.

@Savatage79 may weigh in with another position / rookie, but to me QB is the biggest hole for the steelers. they must prepare for ben's departure, by injury or by retirement, and the range of other positions on both sides of the ball varies from competent to potential-for-elite.

tenor.gif?itemid=13042324

Do the rbs go to teams where they can come in right away and make impacts or will it be like last year with outside of Jacobs was there a rb who produced.

1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Do the rbs go to teams where they can come in right away and make impacts or will it be like last year with outside of Jacobs was there a rb who produced.

sanders was pretty good 

• Like 1

We went from driving with a boat to the stage to having a facetime call on TV, **** you 2020!

The Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Steelers GM Kevin Colbert proposed that teams should be awarded three extra draft picks to offset any coronavirus restrictions.

Shoot your shot. The league's lack of available private workouts and visits to team facilities have obviously thrown some organizations for a loop, forcing much displeasure behind closed doors. While Colbert's suggestion that a 10-round draft would widen any margin for error isn't exactly false, it emphasizes some front office's prehistoric thought processes and pre-draft preparation when forced to evaluate outside the box. April's draft — a "fully virtual" experience — will undoubtedly result in multiple late-round and undrafted players being impacted by the entire process.

Apr 7, 2020, 12:04 PM ET

I am really hoping they lean into the "virtual draft is like a fantasy football draft" thing.

Like, have the next guy on the clock mic'd up so he can complain about getting sniped, let the guy who steps away and lets the clock run autodraft a kicker kinda thing.  I would watch this.

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2020 at 3:33 PM, Sack Exchange said:

considering ben's age, mason rudolph's mediocrity, passing off joshua dobbs to the jaguars, i'd like to see the steelers trade up to get justin herbert.

@Savatage79 may weigh in with another position / rookie, but to me QB is the biggest hole for the steelers. they must prepare for ben's departure, by injury or by retirement, and the range of other positions on both sides of the ball varies from competent to potential-for-elite.

tenor.gif?itemid=13042324

Considering what they’d have to give up to get into range it’s flat out not worth it.

Herbert ain’t it. Funny thing is Eason is going way later yet has a similar story. Dude with prototypical size and athleticism but lacking the “it” factor. It was something else watching apparently the two best QBs in the PAC12 fail to show up when it mattered and basically throw games away.

Really not a fan of teams drafting QBs because of “prototypical size and athleticism.” See that fail over and over again. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 5:56 PM, smeeze said:

That's really quite impressive, including spot on predictions for pick 28/29. The Giants messed up the order of the OTs, and Green Bay unfortunately seems to have missed the (solid) advice he gave:

After neglecting to address the wide receiver position last offseason don’t look for the Packers to make the same mistake again.  They simply must provide Aaron Rodgers with more weapons and should have an abundance of options to choose from late in the first round.

Erm... whoopsie?

• Like 2