Sign in to follow this  
Gobux1970

Top 100 prospects for 2021

Great article!!! I am in a 24 team dynasty league here are my players on the list.

Marte #16

Garcia #21

Groshans #33

Cabrera #57

Marquez #82

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gobux1970 said:

Interesting article from Prospects 365 trying to predict the top 100 prospects for next year.

https://prospects365.com/2020/04/03/the-crystal-ball-2021-top-100-prospect-list/

So he is assuming Mackenzie Gore will lose prospect status for 2021?  In a shortened season I doubt SD starts his service time given they have a whole heard of starters already.  Of course I don't even see a shorten season being anymore than a 25% chance maybe this year.  Probably even less.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So he is assuming Mackenzie Gore will lose prospect status for 2021?  In a shortened season I doubt SD starts his service time given they have a whole heard of starters already.  Of course I don't even see a shorten season being anymore than a 25% chance maybe this year.  Probably even less.

I think it’s a greater than 50% chance he is promoted this year as long as he doesn’t struggle in AA. The Padres believe they will compete this year and seem more inclined than most teams to promote their best prospects once they believe they can help the team.

That might change if they play less than a six week season but based on their track record it might not if they already believe he is a top 3 pitcher for their staff right now (which I do).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They started Paddacks on day 1 and they were probably a lot less likely to make playoffs last year than this. I think the Padres have proven service time isn’t so important to them.

But yeah that assumes we have some season and he loses eligibility.

I personally do agree that if we have a season he’ll be up quick and that their current rotation is weak.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, brockpapersizer said:

They started Paddacks on day 1 and they were probably a lot less likely to make playoffs last year than this. I think the Padres have proven service time isn’t so important to them.

But yeah that assumes we have some season and he loses eligibility.

I personally do agree that if we have a season he’ll be up quick and that their current rotation is weak.

they aren't the Nationals but that rotation is not weak

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, axiom20XX said:

they aren't the Nationals but that rotation is not weak

I like Paddack a lot but he might have some regressioN, but either way he's by far their best guy.  Everyone else is absolutely a wild card and Luchessi is a reliever and they don't know it yet. Lamet is being overrated in fantasy, but sure he's solid, but I don't think he's a star . Richards hasn't stayed healthy and been good since? This is a weak rotation for a team that wants to contend. There's a lot of space for Gore to break i

It's nowhere  near Tigers weak and some terrible teams. But if you think Gore will have trouble taking away a job Davies or luchessi, I'd disagree. Not to mention injuries happen often. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

Considering how many top 100 lists he’s on, number 89 Francisco Alvarez still seems undervalued for his potential.

A .916 OPS is nice for anyone in Rookie league, but from a 17 year old catcher, who was the youngest hitter in the appy league, it’s pretty impressive.

• Like 2