SundaySilence

Parris Campbell 2020 Outlook

Well im on the Campbell train. Lets go! Starting him with confidence this week

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Is it crazy that I kind of want to drop Tyler Boyd to grab Campbell?

I actually debated the exact same thing.  I’ve got Ruggs and Boyd and really wondering if Campbell will be a more reliable option than either of them.  In the end I didn’t pull the trigger ... yet

Just now, MagikarpeDiem said:

I actually debated the exact same thing.  I’ve got Ruggs and Boyd and really wondering if Campbell will be a more reliable option than either of them.  In the end I didn’t pull the trigger ... yet

Yeah, I mean to me - Boyd and Campbell both in the slot, both the #2 option for their QBs; so the difference is Burrow v Rivers - and Rivers has to be a better "feeder of the slot"... But CIN is likely a play from behind team for a lot of the year. I think Rivers is the deciding factor between Campbell and a lot of the similar situation, #2 WR on their team guys. Rivers will make sure Campbell eats and should put him in the WR 25-35 range overall I think.

13 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Is it crazy that I kind of want to drop Tyler Boyd to grab Campbell?

Not crazy, but what does that get you? Boyd and Campbell profile as very similar players. High volume slot guys. Campbell has not yet "proven" it. Stick with Boyd, but also add Campbell if you can (I just dropped Indy D to buy me time to figure out whether I drop Burrow (would be a 16th round keeper, or he'd be gone already) or Antonio Gibson (mass upside, but mass timeshare).

1 minute ago, TheDude4bides said:

Not crazy, but what does that get you? Boyd and Campbell profile as very similar players. High volume slot guys. Campbell has not yet "proven" it. Stick with Boyd, but also add Campbell if you can (I just dropped Indy D to buy me time to figure out whether I drop Burrow (would be a 16th round keeper, or he'd be gone already) or Antonio Gibson (mass upside, but mass timeshare).

Yeah, I'm struggling with it. In many ways it feels like a lateral move - but Rivers man lol

1 minute ago, JAG_challam said:

Yeah, I mean to me - Boyd and Campbell both in the slot, both the #2 option for their QBs; so the difference is Burrow v Rivers - and Rivers has to be a better "feeder of the slot"... But CIN is likely a play from behind team for a lot of the year. I think Rivers is the deciding factor between Campbell and a lot of the similar situation, #2 WR on their team guys. Rivers will make sure Campbell eats and should put him in the WR 25-35 range overall I think.

Burrow will have better weeks than he had in week 1.  My concern is Green being his favourite target.  Had hoped that would be Boyd.  

Campbell on the other hand looks like he’s the favourite target.  But he’s had some injury history too.  

Decisions.  Decisions.  

Yea, week 1 usage was concerning, but my takeaway was the 1H/2H splits for Burrow.

4 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

1st Half: 9/14 for 51 yards (3.7 ypa), 3 sacks

2nd Half: 14/21 for 142 yards (6.8 ypa), 1 INT, 0 sacks

The interception was a bonehead play, but at least it wasn't a blown coverage read or something that reflects on Burrow's passing skills. Just don't do that again. Burrow looked great on the final drive. Had AJG not been flagged for that close call offensive PI, everything about the Burrow narrative this week would be different.

What's really good is in a close, low scoring game they ran about 45 pass plays counting sacks and scrambles. At least in superflex leagues, Burrow should get the kind of volume he needs to be a fantasy relevant player with that high rushing floor.

Boyd came on during the 2H as well while Green faded a bit. Nothing scientific, but don't drop Boyd. Love Campbell (regret not picking him up last week, I was agonizing over it), though. Find some room, just not Boyd's slot.

I think Pittman will eat into his value once he's up to speed. Look out for mid-October.

12 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I think Pittman will eat into his value once he's up to speed. Look out for mid-October.

Rivers can’t throw that far these days. Pittman will be his mike Williams, I don’t think it affects much for Campbell honestly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I dropped Jalen Reagor for Campbell in one league and then I dropped Pollard(Zeke owner)for Campbell in another league. I had to go with a 2nd yr guy over the rookie. And Campbell def looks the part. Looks like the K Allen for the Colts but speed and athleticism is ridiculously great. Had to get this guy.

Edited by Tomei7

14 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I dropped Jalen Reagor for Campbell in one league and then I dropped Pollard(Zeke owner)for Campbell in another league. I had to go with a 2nd yr guy over the rookie. And Campbell def looks the part. Looks like the K Allen for the Colts but speed and athleticism is ridiculously great. Had to get this guy. Do u guys agree?

You can call me a believer, dropped 40% faab on him to make sure I wasn't outbid. I'm in a 2wr league so I only carry 3wrs. Gonna be tough to decide between him and Boyd each week

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

You can call me a believer, dropped 40% faab on him to make sure I wasn't outbid. I'm in a 2wr league so I only carry 3wrs. Gonna be tough to decide between him and Boyd each week

Yeah oof - how did so many of us end up in this Boyd v Campbell spot?? lol

2 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Yeah oof - how did so many of us end up in this Boyd v Campbell spot?? lol

Add me to the group as well lol. I was able to get Campbell with the 8th waiver. I will definitely use Campbell over Boyd this week if I need to.

43 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Rivers can’t throw that far these days. Pittman will be his mike Williams, I don’t think it affects much for Campbell honestly. 

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is the owner and head coach are hugely excited about Pittman and there have been Reggie Wayne comparisons tossed around. They were planning to trade out of the #34 spot but when he was still on the board they opted to use the pick. They chose him before Taylor.

Few notes on him from draft day:

Big, smart and reliable, Pittman falls into the “possession receiver” bin, but has top-notch ball skills that allow him to bully and best cornerbacks down the field.

at 6-4, 220 pounds with a catch radius as good as anyone else’s in the class. He will be a quarterback’s best friend the way he plucks off-target passes out of the air. Add that to his physical route running ability and you have a fantastic possession receiver prospect.

He has good ball skills and is a surprisingly refined athlete for a player as big as he is.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/28/2020-nfl-draft-colts-analysts-said-about-michael-pittman-jr-scouting-report/

You can choose to believe or not to believe, whatever you want but this guy is a threat. Ignore that at your own peril.

18 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

You can choose to believe or not to believe, whatever you want but this guy is a threat. Ignore that at your own peril.

Don't look at Pittman as a threat at all.  I look at him as just one more option on a team that a defense has to manage which means less people covering each individual on the Colts offense.....SOOO...I think Pittman and Hilton and Hines and JT are all good things when it comes to Parris Campbell's real life and fantasy performance.  Look at the Chiefs....are we really talking about the threat of Watkins to Hill or Hill to Watkins or Kelce or Demarcus Robinson or CEH...not really.  If the o-line holds up, I think Rivers might have a gaggle of talent around him where Rivers can do Rivers-like things and score a ton of points. 

I am now on the Parris Campbell boat.  Spent 32% of my FAAB on him.  Closest person spent 17%.  My original FAAB total was 17%, then I bumped it up to 26% and then a few comments in this thread had me thinking and I bumped it further up to 32%.  AHHHHh...but I got him and I am playing him instead of Marvin Jones next week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I am now on the Parris Campbell boat.  Spent 32% of my FAAB on him.  Closest person spent 17%.  My original FAAB total was 17%, then I bumped it up to 26% and then a few comments in this thread had me thinking and I bumped it further up to 32%.  AHHHHh...but I got him and I am playing him instead of Marvin Jones next week. 

Good call on all counts. Good luck!

I dropped my kicker to get Campbell haha - now I'm on the hunt for a 2-for-1 upgrade so I can get back a kicker :P

People have compared Pittman to Mike Williams and Campbell to Keenan Allen.  Rivers was able to feed both so I agree with @dudewithabadcat , they bring different skillsets to the field.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SkinsNation said:

Would I be a fool as a CEH owner to drop Darrel Williams for Campbell?

I also already have Hilton at WR3.

I'm not typically a fan of arbitrarily holding a RB cuff unless there is an injury history for the starter. CEH has none outside a minor hamstring "thing" - and he still played. I would grab Campbell and feel good about it.

Reference: https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/clyde-edwards-helaire/10495

• Thanks 2

Grabbed him off waivers at the #6 waiver pick (everyone else wanted RBs) in standard league and may even go all in and start him over one of DJ Chark, Odell Beckham Jr., or Marquise Brown this week. Hard to sit any of them but I think the Vikings secondary is really bad and Campbell might have a good chance of breaking a big play and getting a TD in addition to getting some decent volume. If there's such a thing as a Parris Campbell truther count me in that club 🙂 

2 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Grabbed him off waivers at the #6 waiver pick (everyone else wanted RBs) in standard league and may even go all in and start him over one of DJ Chark, Odell Beckham Jr., or Marquise Brown this week. Hard to sit any of them but I think the Vikings secondary is really bad and Campbell might have a good chance of breaking a big play and getting a TD in addition to getting some decent volume. If there's such a thing as a Parris Campbell truther count me in that club 🙂 

I'm pretty high on Campbell, but there's little chance I try to get cute with him like that.

A wise man once said "Don't bench your studs."

• Like 1