SundaySilence

Parris Campbell 2020 Outlook

Until Parris gets tagged with stud...you gotta play your studs.  Hell, I am having reservations playing Parris over Marvin Jones Jr.  

14 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Grabbed him off waivers at the #6 waiver pick (everyone else wanted RBs) in standard league and may even go all in and start him over one of DJ Chark, Odell Beckham Jr., or Marquise Brown this week. Hard to sit any of them but I think the Vikings secondary is really bad and Campbell might have a good chance of breaking a big play and getting a TD in addition to getting some decent volume. If there's such a thing as a Parris Campbell truther count me in that club 🙂 

I'm not ready to do that just yet. Campbell is a nice bench add and we have to see if he can make a jump into every week WR2 status but for now he's a flex/bye week/injury filler.

51 minutes ago, SkinsNation said:

Would I be a fool as a CEH owner to drop Darrel Williams for Campbell?

I also already have Hilton at WR3.

No, I don’t think so....I’m a Zeke owner and I dropped Pollard for Campbell, is that foolish? 

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

No, I don’t think so....I’m a Zeke owner and I dropped Pollard for Campbell, is that foolish? 

in this shortened off season, i would say yes.  the chances of injury are probably higher than most other years. wasn't there anyone else you could drop for  Campbell?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I wouldn't have unless there was a need. If you had good WR depth I would have kept Pollard. I like Parris, but I went and picked up Mattison for one team because he's plug and play if Cook went down. Same for Zeke and Pollard. With WR being so deep, I don't see Campbell as a critical add.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

That's the thing.  No one can really say one way or another without hindsight.  I think Zeke is one of the healthiest backs we've seen in a while, so I think it's a good move.  For CEH, I was more worried due to his size and the hits he will take in this league.  But I ended up dropping Williams because of JAG's advice, and the fact that I really don't think he'd be a bellcow if CEH were to go down.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I wouldn't have unless there was a need. If you had good WR depth I would have kept Pollard. I like Parris, but I went and picked up Mattison for one team because he's plug and play if Cook went down. Same for Zeke and Pollard. With WR being so deep, I don't see Campbell as a critical add.

My WR depth was good before I acquired Campbell, just a few uncertainties at the position, so I felt the need. My WRs: DJ Moore(Bridgewater inconsistencies), Woods(solid), Fuller(injury history), Crowder(Plays for the Jets). With how Rivers likes to sling it, the usage Campbell is getting out of the slot, and targets, I could see him being a WR2-3 for me especially if Hilton was to get injured like he always does. I also took into consideration that Zeke is the most durable back in the league(knock on wood).

Seemed to have some great chemistry with Rivers. Most routes ran, tied with TY for most targets, 58 of 62 snaps from the slot, playing the Vikings this week. As an owner of a bunch of injured WRs, I am very intrigued.

• Like 1

If I was in a bind....I would start as WR2 this week without to much concern.

He has a good shot for a TD as he looked as good as TY.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Seemed to have some great chemistry with Rivers. Most routes ran, tied with TY for most targets, 58 of 62 snaps from the slot, playing the Vikings this week. As an owner of a bunch of injured WRs, I am very intrigued.

It's a juicy matchup that looks great on paper for sure. I'm rooting for him to have a good week

I've got a whole bucket full of these guys riding my bench. Campbell, Boyd, Slayton, CeeDee. Hoping I can slowly turn them all into starting studs at my RB position. You're my kind of trade partner lol

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

It's a juicy matchup that looks great on paper for sure. I'm rooting for him to have a good week

I've got a whole bucket full of these guys riding my bench. Campbell, Boyd, Slayton, CeeDee. Hoping I can slowly turn them all into starting studs at my RB position. You're my kind of trade partner lol

I've actually decided to roll Campbell in my second flex spot over CeeDee this week. This game just looks too good to pass up. The DAL matchup looks great too, but so many mouths to feed there, it's anybody's guess where the production goes. Campbell is a safer play I feel.

So I'm loaded and ready ... let's go Rivers/Campbell!!! :D

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 1

Campbell looked great week 1, I don’t have roster space for him, but if I needed a wr and he was available I wouldn’t hesitate to start him in a flex spot this week. 

Fire him up if you've got him this week - No Doyle and now Pittman is looking doubtful

Edited by remark900
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

With both aj brown and Godwin likely out, I’m starting him a bit earlier than I would have liked this week, but I still do like his ROS outlook. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, SkinsNation said:

That's the thing.  No one can really say one way or another without hindsight.  I think Zeke is one of the healthiest backs we've seen in a while, so I think it's a good move.  For CEH, I was more worried due to his size and the hits he will take in this league.  But I ended up dropping Williams because of JAG's advice, and the fact that I really don't think he'd be a bellcow if CEH were to go down.

The think about Williams is if CEH did go down, would he be the guy? I think they would call up Washington from the practice squad and you'd have a timeshare on your hands.  Not that Williams would not be valuable.  

On 9/18/2020 at 1:34 PM, coleworld7 said:

With both aj brown and Godwin likely out, I’m starting him a bit earlier than I would have liked this week, but I still do like his ROS outlook. 

His week 2 outlook isn't bad either. He probably isn't an every week starter yet, but he's not a bad this week starter with the matchup. The Vikings secondary is scorchable right now. 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:38 AM, dudewithabadcat said:

Until Parris gets tagged with stud...you gotta play your studs.  Hell, I am having reservations playing Parris over Marvin Jones Jr.  

Regarding Parris overall, I'm skeptical to start him week to week until he has that blow up game.

As far as this week vs MIN, there are certainly gaps (i.e. no pass rush) in MIN's defense but I like the chances of Coach Zimmer figuring out something after the Rodgers film.

The Vikings have been very successful against Rivers in the past.  

2 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Regarding Parris overall, I'm skeptical to start him week to week until he has that blow up game.

As far as this week vs MIN, there are certainly gaps (i.e. no pass rush) in MIN's defense but I like the chances of Coach Zimmer figuring out something after the Rodgers film.

The Vikings have been very successful against Rivers in the past.  

Coaches can't really just figure out how to make green corners like Minn's cover people well. I think it's a tactical and not a strategic issue. 

3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Will Pitman's return sink his value?

Why would it? Pittman has 2 targets last game. Pittman is not a threat whatsoever. The arrow is pointing all the way up for Campbell, especially with Hilton being so injury prone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Why would it? Pittman has 2 targets last game. Pittman is not a threat whatsoever. The arrow is pointing all the way up for Campbell, especially with Hilton being so injury prone.

Pittman was the talk of camp, so it definitely could. I envision Pittman overtaking the #2 role at some point this season.

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

Pittman was the talk of camp, so it definitely could. I envision Pittman overtaking the #2 role at some point this season.

Nah, I don’t see him taking #2 duties over Hilton and Campbell, hes battling with Pascal as the #3. Pittman will be pretty irrelevant this year.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Will Pitman's return sink his value?

Nope, for right now, Pittman playing helps Paris. He’s been dinged up all week and didn’t get much look week 1.