The G Man

Alshon Jeffery 2020 Outlook

Debating stashing him or Pollard, but I need help at solid WR2 option... What's the realistic upside of Alshon? Last year he played while healthy, he didn't really have great stats without DJax.. I am wondering if his potential is still limited to WR3 and we are just lingering in his name value. 

1 hour ago, Thinkingcap said:

Debating stashing him or Pollard, but I need help at solid WR2 option... What's the realistic upside of Alshon? Last year he played while healthy, he didn't really have great stats without DJax.. I am wondering if his potential is still limited to WR3 and we are just lingering in his name value. 

I think WR3/4 more than he'll ever be a WR2 again. You'll have to play matchups with him. If your hurting at WR then I'd definitely take a shot. He does have TD upside and the Eagles are desperate for someone to do something at WR. I love having him as my WR6 but would be terrified if he's my WR2-3

Just now, meekzy said:

also carson wentz looks like a**

Foles winning that SB really messed with his head

• Haha 1

I think if your in PPR if he could average 10 points that would help a lot of people that got hammered with injuries. I'm obviously an Eagles fan but I don't think that's too crazy especially with how cheeks our other options are. You add in a TD here and there and that's a sweet WR3. Better bench option but yeah

I figure Philadelphia likes to throw. They haven't been particularly good either, so maybe the Eagles will be forced to throw more these days. And someone has to catch those passes. Jeffery has a bunch of health baggage, but at least has generally been productive when healthy and on the field. Seems worth a flyer in most leagues just to see if there's anything left. He's still only 30 and his calling card was never speed.

I think Philly is going to have to start running the ball more. It takes pressure and focus on Wentz who clearly doesn't have it going right now. Maybe all that money is distracting, who knows?

Alshon Jeffery (foot) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Jeffery returned to practice for the first time last week, suggesting he's getting close to a return from Lisfranc surgery. The Eagles badly need Jeffery with Jalen Reagor (thumb) and Dallas Goedert (ankle) on I.R., and DeSean Jackson (hamstring) now DNP

15 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Alshon is not done.

5 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Stay away 

Who am I supposed to believe here?

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Alshon has only played 3 full seasons in 9yrs, I’m already counting this year btw. When he is healthy not very impressive and he’s coming off a foot injury. Has no speed or separation, and I do believe seeing him with a lot of drops last yr. I had the guy last couple yrs and fell for the fried ice cream. His best days are very well behind him. U can do much better than Alshon these days. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Tough to unlock this Da Vinci code. I'll say this: they badly need a boost in the passing game. Badly. And at the very least, he's shown he can be that man before. 

15 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Tough to unlock this Da Vinci code. I'll say this: they badly need a boost in the passing game. Badly. And at the very least, he's shown he can be that man before. 

Alshon being back is probably going to help Wentz owners more than anyone relying on Alshon as their WR.  Alshon is going to give you a bunch of 50-60 yard games but with a decent chance for a TD.  You could do much worse than Alshon as a WR3.  However, if someone thinks Alshon will save their season, then their team probably has a lot of problems.  

10 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Alshon being back is probably going to help Wentz owners more than anyone relying on Alshon as their WR.  Alshon is going to give you a bunch of 50-60 yard games but with a decent chance for a TD.  You could do much worse than Alshon as a WR3.  However, if someone thinks Alshon will save their season, then their team probably has a lot of problems.  

You'll get no argument from me, but a free weekly wr3 with wr2 upside doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world.

43 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

When he is healthy not very impressive...

You don't think Alshon has been impressive when healthy?!  😯  C'mon man. 

33 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

You'll get no argument from me, but a free weekly wr3 with wr2 upside doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world.

That makes sense.  Alshon can help a team with a hole at WR but I don't see him being a LeAguE WiNnEr.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZappB said:

That makes sense.  Alshon can help a team with a hole at WR but I don't see him being a LeAguE WiNnEr.  

Definitely not a league winner. He’s bench depth in case of injuries or byes. 

• Like 1

I'm interested. Assuming he's 100%, there are a lot of targets to be had in Philly, and he has history with Wentz.

3 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Better have depth for his case of injuries.

Hahaha!! That is the truth! 

30 minutes ago, Jordan Coppington said:

Tee Higgins > Alison Jeffrey

Alison the goat tho. 

Alshon was free in most cases and people that could place him on IR due to him being OUT helped that decision too. 

Glad there's a little discussion flowing. I just grabbed this guy for $1 but need to drop someone for a kicker by Sunday. Not sure if he's worth holding but I wanted to wait a week to read into it. It seems like he very well could be done based on how he looked before and how bad a Lisfranc can be, not to mention his others injuries. But here we are again with Philly desperately needing help in the pass-catching part of the game and their defense isn't very good either so they'll need to throw. I just don't know how much of a chance there is that he can even be that 50-70 yards and a 50% TD shot guy again...and it seems like no one else knows either.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

I'm interested. Assuming he's 100%, there are a lot of targets to be had in Philly, and he has history with Wentz.

End of story. 

If I were in a 12/14 team league he’d def be in my radar bc THEY HAVE NO ONE ELSE. I’m almost considering him for my 10 team but I’m ok at WR. 

I hope he comes back and does great.  He’s been a stud for me a couple years in the past.  Lms Alshon. 

Edited by Cleanface