Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You're right about the targets, the overthrow, and the drop, but the bottom line is production, and right now he's the WR23. And that's with no bye, others' injuries, and guys like Higgins, Fulghom, Patrick, etc. coming strong. 

It's way too early to be looking at WR rankings. Sure, he's WR23, but it's just too small of a sample. 

If Goff just hits him on that deep TD Sunday night, he's WR13 instead.

Again, absolutely no reason to panic. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

Targets are there. He needs to just catch the balls like the endzone one he dropped last night. Also, Goff could be more accurate. Wide open deep ball that if he actually threw it accurately Kupp could have waltzed into the endzone. Instead, it was severely overthrown.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it always Woods on those jet sweeps ?  Man do I hate that.

Cheap + easy points to prop up his overall #'s . 

But the rush attempts, almost always never go to Kupp. 

He's still a YAC god , just wish for more targets is all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m firing him up. I think he has a 10 catch game. Goff struggles without him. Goff has struggled badly against the bears. Expect McVay to run the ball a ton and dial up #10 constantly. 

 

They're a totally different team without Kupp that's for sure. I think he blows up tomorrow

Well honestly I'm just praying here lol, I need him to come through huge for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RunCMC said:

 

They're a totally different team without Kupp that's for sure. I think he blows up tomorrow

Well honestly I'm just praying here lol, I need him to come through huge for me. 

Buster Skrine sucks. It's actually a good matchup for Kupp.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another disappointing week. Goff looks really bad with his passes.

Kupp and Woods are losing touches even despite Higbee being out. Reynolds got more targets.

 

I did not expect such a bad season with Rams WRs. 

RBBC has destroyed WR value also.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Another disappointing week. Goff looks really bad with his passes.

Kupp and Woods are losing touches even despite Higbee being out. Reynolds got more targets.

 

I did not expect such a bad season with Rams WRs. 

RBBC has destroyed WR value also.

 

On pace for 85 receptions and almost 1000 yards, despite a couple of clunkers. His role hasn't really changed. He's just been unlucky. 

Still would guess something like 90 catches,1100 yards, and 8 TDs by the end of the year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Still would guess something like 90 catches,1100 yards, and 8 TDs by the end of the year. 

I wasn't overly concerned either but it's getting tougher with each week. You can watch teams and just tell if someone is considered a featured guy in the offense. Kupp is not. He's simply a cog now. That's what's most concerning to me. They have SO many people involved. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I wasn't overly concerned either but it's getting tougher with each week. You can watch teams and just tell if someone is considered a featured guy in the offense. Kupp is not. He's simply a cog now. That's what's most concerning to me. They have SO many people involved. 

It's not about that though.

It's about volume plain and simple. Rams don't trust Goff and can't pass the ball 45 times a game like they used too. Kupp was a cog in 2018 and he's a cog now -- difference is he's a piece in a much less rewarding fantasy machine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

It's not about that though.

It's about volume plain and simple. Rams don't trust Goff and can't pass the ball 45 times a game like they used too. Kupp was a cog in 2018 and he's a cog now -- difference is he's a piece in a much less rewarding fantasy machine.

He's one of just 15 WRs in the league with 50+ targets. 

Volume is NOT a problem. Like I said, he's just been unlucky. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

He's one of just 15 WRs in the league with 50+ targets. 

Volume is NOT a problem. Like I said, he's just been unlucky. 

It's absolutely a problem. Dude averaged 8.4 targets a game last year and is down to 7.3 this year.

You're also using total targets to mask his volume problem. Rams haven't had their bye yet and Kupps been healthy. He ranks 23rd among WR's in targets per game. He's the type of receiver who needs to be a volume hog in order to return WR2 or WR1 volume. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

It's absolutely a problem. Dude averaged 8.4 targets a game last year and is down to 7.3 this year.

You're also using total targets to mask his volume problem. Rams haven't had their bye yet and Kupps been healthy. He ranks 23rd among WR's in targets per game. He's the type of receiver who needs to be a volume hog in order to return WR2 or WR1 volume. 

Fair. His volume is down a bit, but not a lot. He also just hasn't had many longer receptions this year, which is hurting him. I know he's not Marquise Brown, but he's a great YAC player and does run the occasional deep route. If he were getting 6 for 75 instead of 6 for 45 games, we'd be having a different conversation. I think those games are still coming. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Fair. His volume is down a bit, but not a lot. He also just hasn't had many longer receptions this year, which is hurting him. I know he's not Marquise Brown, but he's a great YAC player and does run the occasional deep route. If he were getting 6 for 75 instead of 6 for 45 games, we'd be having a different conversation. I think those games are still coming. 

It's not a death knell to his fantasy value. I traded him a couple of weeks ago but agree with your take that he's been a bit unlucky. He's not gonna come too close to his stats from last year but still a good option in the WR2/3 zone 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...