smeeze

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You're right about the targets, the overthrow, and the drop, but the bottom line is production, and right now he's the WR23. And that's with no bye, others' injuries, and guys like Higgins, Fulghom, Patrick, etc. coming strong. 

It's way too early to be looking at WR rankings. Sure, he's WR23, but it's just too small of a sample. 

If Goff just hits him on that deep TD Sunday night, he's WR13 instead.

Again, absolutely no reason to panic. 

I'm actually surprised with the amount of targets he's getting. We all though last half of last year was the demise of Kupp but he is still a huge part of this offense. Woods be damned.

Better than Julio Jones, eh?

Kupp is going to be a mid range WR3 in full ppr going forward in my opinion.

• Like 1

Targets are there. He needs to just catch the balls like the endzone one he dropped last night. Also, Goff could be more accurate. Wide open deep ball that if he actually threw it accurately Kupp could have waltzed into the endzone. Instead, it was severely overthrown.

Why is it always Woods on those jet sweeps ?  Man do I hate that.

Cheap + easy points to prop up his overall #'s . 

But the rush attempts, almost always never go to Kupp. 

He's still a YAC god , just wish for more targets is all. 

Probably because Woods is quite a bit faster than Kupp.

Anyone worried about this matchup against the Bears secondary?  

I’m firing him up. I think he has a 10 catch game. Goff struggles without him. Goff has struggled badly against the bears. Expect McVay to run the ball a ton and dial up #10 constantly. 

• Like 1

I'm playing him today more out of necessity than anything but he should be good for at least 10 in full PPR.

10 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m firing him up. I think he has a 10 catch game. Goff struggles without him. Goff has struggled badly against the bears. Expect McVay to run the ball a ton and dial up #10 constantly. 

They're a totally different team without Kupp that's for sure. I think he blows up tomorrow

Well honestly I'm just praying here lol, I need him to come through huge for me. 

Just now, RunCMC said:

They're a totally different team without Kupp that's for sure. I think he blows up tomorrow

Well honestly I'm just praying here lol, I need him to come through huge for me. 

Buster Skrine sucks. It's actually a good matchup for Kupp.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Buster Skrine sucks. It's actually a good matchup for Kupp.

Yeah but if the Bears know what they doing they'll bracket Kupp with a safety.

Just now, KidDynamite420 said:

Yeah but if the Bears know what they doing they'll bracket Kupp with a safety.

Often yeah, but with the other weapons the Rams have, you can't do that all the time.

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Often yeah, but with the other weapons the Rams have, you can't do that all the time.

I think they can with Fuller being on Woods. Doesn't mean he can't have a decent game though.

Another disappointing week. Goff looks really bad with his passes.

Kupp and Woods are losing touches even despite Higbee being out. Reynolds got more targets.

I did not expect such a bad season with Rams WRs. 

RBBC has destroyed WR value also.

6 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Another disappointing week. Goff looks really bad with his passes.

Kupp and Woods are losing touches even despite Higbee being out. Reynolds got more targets.

I did not expect such a bad season with Rams WRs. 

RBBC has destroyed WR value also.

On pace for 85 receptions and almost 1000 yards, despite a couple of clunkers. His role hasn't really changed. He's just been unlucky. 

Still would guess something like 90 catches,1100 yards, and 8 TDs by the end of the year. 

24 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Still would guess something like 90 catches,1100 yards, and 8 TDs by the end of the year. 

I wasn't overly concerned either but it's getting tougher with each week. You can watch teams and just tell if someone is considered a featured guy in the offense. Kupp is not. He's simply a cog now. That's what's most concerning to me. They have SO many people involved. 

• Like 1

schedule the rest of the way isnt too terrible and includes possible shootout games with sea (2), arz, we'll see but i think he had more good than bad rest of the way

18 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I wasn't overly concerned either but it's getting tougher with each week. You can watch teams and just tell if someone is considered a featured guy in the offense. Kupp is not. He's simply a cog now. That's what's most concerning to me. They have SO many people involved. 

It's not about that though.

It's about volume plain and simple. Rams don't trust Goff and can't pass the ball 45 times a game like they used too. Kupp was a cog in 2018 and he's a cog now -- difference is he's a piece in a much less rewarding fantasy machine.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

It's not about that though.

It's about volume plain and simple. Rams don't trust Goff and can't pass the ball 45 times a game like they used too. Kupp was a cog in 2018 and he's a cog now -- difference is he's a piece in a much less rewarding fantasy machine.

He's one of just 15 WRs in the league with 50+ targets. 

Volume is NOT a problem. Like I said, he's just been unlucky. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

He's one of just 15 WRs in the league with 50+ targets. 

Volume is NOT a problem. Like I said, he's just been unlucky. 

It's absolutely a problem. Dude averaged 8.4 targets a game last year and is down to 7.3 this year.

You're also using total targets to mask his volume problem. Rams haven't had their bye yet and Kupps been healthy. He ranks 23rd among WR's in targets per game. He's the type of receiver who needs to be a volume hog in order to return WR2 or WR1 volume. 

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

It's absolutely a problem. Dude averaged 8.4 targets a game last year and is down to 7.3 this year.

You're also using total targets to mask his volume problem. Rams haven't had their bye yet and Kupps been healthy. He ranks 23rd among WR's in targets per game. He's the type of receiver who needs to be a volume hog in order to return WR2 or WR1 volume. 

Fair. His volume is down a bit, but not a lot. He also just hasn't had many longer receptions this year, which is hurting him. I know he's not Marquise Brown, but he's a great YAC player and does run the occasional deep route. If he were getting 6 for 75 instead of 6 for 45 games, we'd be having a different conversation. I think those games are still coming. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Fair. His volume is down a bit, but not a lot. He also just hasn't had many longer receptions this year, which is hurting him. I know he's not Marquise Brown, but he's a great YAC player and does run the occasional deep route. If he were getting 6 for 75 instead of 6 for 45 games, we'd be having a different conversation. I think those games are still coming. 

It's not a death knell to his fantasy value. I traded him a couple of weeks ago but agree with your take that he's been a bit unlucky. He's not gonna come too close to his stats from last year but still a good option in the WR2/3 zone 

• Like 2