Rotoworld.com Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

Definitely WR3, so I'm looking to move him for "something."  He's just not producing like I had hoped.  Only through 7 weeks, but looks like McVay really wants to be a defensive team that runs the ball, controls the clock.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

Seattle, Tampa, San Francisco, and Arizona. From week 10-14. They will need some explosion to get through that. 

Kupp does not really do explosion.  Not his thing.

28 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

21 targets. Twenty-one...

I'd like to see a supercut of all those targets. Kupp was open all game. Goff seriously must have missed him seven or eight times. It's hard to believe how bad Goff has become.

lol man, that’s a pretty disappointing total in light of 21 targets.  I’ll take it though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

Should've been a 15rec/150yd/2td day if he had a decent QB

He played with a wrist injury..

The #LaRams Cooper Kupp with a wrist injury. Likely sprain, possible fracture. Landed hard trying to break his fall. Expect X-rays after the game. #CooperKupp

17 minutes ago, damageinc said:

When did Kupp get hurt, see nothing online,?

He had a long catch and run that was called back by penalty. Came down on his wrist funny at the end of the play. He stayed down for a minute. Came out for like one play, and then finished the game with no visible ill-effects.

Per Doc Chao

Worry is a Scaphoid Fracture of the wrist

"Treatment for a scaphoid fracture can range from casting to surgery, depending on the fracture's severity and location on the bone. Because portions of the scaphoid have a poor blood supply—and a fracture can further disrupt the flow of blood to the bone—complications with the healing process are common."

16 minutes ago, mjb said:

Per Doc Chao

Worry is a Scaphoid Fracture of the wrist

"Treatment for a scaphoid fracture can range from casting to surgery, depending on the fracture's severity and location on the bone. Because portions of the scaphoid have a poor blood supply—and a fracture can further disrupt the flow of blood to the bone—complications with the healing process are common."

I'd doubt that it is anything REMOTELY that serious - Kupp came back in and played after banging up his wrist. If he's dealing with a fracture I'd seriously doubt that he would be either A. Cleared to do so or B. Could have physically played through that. 

As is, he has a week to heal with the Rams on bye. 

To add things further, Jourdan Rodriguez of The Athletic wrote this after the game:

• Kupp finished with a whopping 21 targets, and caught 11 for 110 yards. His targets were a career high, with his previous high of 17 targets set last October against San Francisco. Kupp appeared to hurt his wrist on a tackle in the second half, but returned a few plays later.

She's about as plugged in as any reporter around the league, and made no mention of anything further in her post-game report. 

Edited by Roto_Wizard
  • Like 1

For a further update on Kupp, I reached out to Jourdan Rodriguez and asked her about his status. Her response:

"Hey! Not sure yet. Because he came back in I assume it was minor but regardless we will hear more tomorrow from Sean at 5:30. Take care and you too!"

I'm going to assume he's okay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, mjb said:

He played with a wrist injury..

The #LaRams Cooper Kupp with a wrist injury. Likely sprain, possible fracture. Landed hard trying to break his fall. Expect X-rays after the game. #CooperKupp

Did Goff as well ? lol

Can't even count the number of times he overthrew Kupp. 

Downright sad his final line, with the amount of targets he got. + 0 touchdowns 

He's a WR3 on a team that likes to spread it around but has also moved to ball control the last 1.5 years. More TEs and double TEs means Cupp is on the sidelines.

He's a solid filler for byes and injuries. But falls into that can't trust weekly area.

17 minutes ago, leebattle said:

He's a WR3 on a team that likes to spread it around but has also moved to ball control the last 1.5 years. More TEs and double TEs means Cupp is on the sidelines.

He's a solid filler for byes and injuries. But falls into that can't trust weekly area.

his lowest snap percentage this year is 82%, average for the season looks to be near 90%. he leads the team in targets. schedule rest of the way looks average to good with several possible shootout games. i think you're selling him a little short.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, leebattle said:

This is bad. I’m not even a Kupp fan really. 

but yea, just bad.

• Thanks 1
On 11/1/2020 at 10:28 PM, Roto_Wizard said:

For a further update on Kupp, I reached out to Jourdan Rodriguez and asked her about his status. Her response:

"Hey! Not sure yet. Because he came back in I assume it was minor but regardless we will hear more tomorrow from Sean at 5:30. Take care and you too!"

I'm going to assume he's okay. 

Talked to Jourdan of the athletic as well.  She’s pretty confident Kupp escaped a potentially serious wrist injury. Had it wrapped, but still nothing concrete. No news yet, is promising, but bye week as well. Anyway, Kupps a WR3, with potential big games mixed in.

Edited by mjb
7 minutes ago, mjb said:

Talked to Jourdan of the athletic as well.  She’s pretty confident Kupp escaped a potentially serious wrist injury. Had it wrapped, but still nothing concrete. No news yet, is promising, but bye week as well. Anyway, Kupps a WR3, with potential big games mixed in.

Name another WR3 who has ever gotten over 20 targets in a game. Solid WR2 at worst.

• Like 2