Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

At the end of the day, Kupp is a WR1. Had Woods hit pay-dirt a few more times he could have been in the conversation. I'm not comparing players here, but I am only comparing their volatility. Woods is Godwin and Kupp is Evans. Both great players but you have to evaluate what you are looking for consistency or a higher ceiling?! The trade off with a guy like Kupp is going to be his floor. I don't mind that because it is head to head, so you take your lumps when they come.

But there's a reason Kupp hits pay dirt more. He's has been one of, if not the most, targeted redzone threats in the NFL since literally his first game. 

The guy is a scoring machine. He is an absolute master of his craft. 

It's so funny to me when players like Kupp, Keenan Allen, or Michael Thomas are discredited as system guys. People say the coach just schemes them a lot of volume and that's why they put up good numbers. Why do you think the coach schemes them so much work? Because the defense can't cover them! If they were bad and just getting schemed volume, then they'd be disasters because the defense would shut them down. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

But there's a reason Kupp hits pay dirt more. He's has been one of, if not the most targeted redzone threats in the NFL since literally his first game. 

The guy is a scoring machine. He is an absolute master of his craft. 

It's so funny to me when players like Kupp, Keenan Allen, or Michael Thomas are discredited as system guys. People say the coach just schemes them a lot of volume and that's why they put up good numbers. Why do you think the coach schemes them so much work? Because the defense can't cover them! If they were bad and just getting schemed volume, then they'd be disasters because the defense would shut them down. 

I agree with this. Boyd was a “scheme” guy last year that was forced fed due to positive game scripts and the fact that there was simply no one else. And even with that, he only produced WR23 half ppr numbers. He was 9th most targeted.

By comparison Kupp was 15th most targeted and produced WR4 half ppr numbers. And even if Kupp is a “scheme” guy, having an offense that tailors to your strengths should be considered a positive. Can’t see the logic in downgrading a player based on that.

• Like 1

I realize for most WRs snap count is a big deal. But in games last year where Kupp played under 80% snaps he outperformed when he played over 80%. McVay is on record talking about this relationship and specifically wants to 'keep his WRs sharp'. When Kupp is on the field he gets targeted and his production is well established.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously, they're giving him over 15 million dollars a year because they plan on phasing him out of the offense, and not because he's literally one of the best WRs in the NFL. 

Congrats to everyone who got this top 6 WR in the 4th round. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Certain coaches you just trust to put ego aside and just do what's best for the personnel they're given by the GM. McVay is one of them, and Goff is just better when Kupp is on the field. They'll put their best players in the best situation to succeed and any narrative that says he won't is just misguided. Not every coach is like that though.

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Obviously, they're giving him over 15 million dollars a year because they plan on phasing him out of the offense, and not because he's literally one of the best WRs in the NFL. 

Congrats to everyone who got this top 6 WR in the 4th round. 

Unfortunately I did not get Kupp in my league of record this yr. He's one of the best imo and doesn't get the same respect other players would if they put up his numbers. Before last yr he was on his way to a WR1finish but got hurt. Came back from his injury to put up a career season.

Helped me 'Chip up last yr. Will do the same for many this yr.! Enjoy!!

• Like 1

Re...lax. 

It was one game. Michael Thomas had 3 catches for 17 yards. 4 for 40 is the absolute floor for Kupp. It's not like he wasn't out there. The Rams just ran the ball a lot. Woods had a good series early in the game, but after that, they just didn't throw the ball to anyone very much. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Re...lax. 

It was one game. Michael Thomas had 3 catches for 17 yards. 4 for 40 is the absolute floor for Kupp. It's not like he wasn't out there. The Rams just ran the ball a lot. Woods had a good series early in the game, but after that, they just didn't throw the ball to anyone very much. 

Goff is still an overpaid **** qb tho

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Re...lax. 

I am not a Kupp owner but did have him last year.  First half of the year he was my favorite player.... then came the second half and he pretty much vanished.   I relaxed at first but then panicked.    It was nearly impossible to figure out his usage the second half of the year.    IF I was a Kupp owner in 2020... I would probably try and capitalize on one of the games he goes off and get rid of him.   He may become a top 10 receiver but you never know when they will have him running around as a decoy all game and getting 1 target.    That is just my take on it

Get a snap count.

I didn’t have a clipboard keeping tallies but it looked like a lot of 12 personnel to me.

That means Kupp is on the sideline.

When Kupp got a million targets he took a hell of a beating.

The payday therefore may have the opposite effect of what it appears to be.

Appears they paid him to be #1 but actually they paid him to be a healthy and reliable PIECE

If Kupp had a 20 point game last week, a 25 point game this week, and a 15 point game the following week....would you really be to concerned about a 9 point week the after the last week?  

Point is.  he could be in line to have another bad game this week or not.  Doesn't matter.  We haven't a speck of know-how of what the Rams are going to do.  We know Kupp is one of Goff's favorite targets and he just got paid.  I'm going to play and if he kills my week...well...I'm going to play him again next week.  The 2020 sample set is too small to get too cute.