Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Outscored Julio in my standard league last year and had three times as many touchdowns as Julio in the second half last year, yet the excuses for Julio never end and the consensus on Kupp is that he's done.  Interesting.

You are comparing Julio Jones, a top 6 pick, 230 lbs 6'4 monster with 4.3 wheels and a Hall of Fame resume, to 6'2 210 4.6 speed 3rd rounder out of a lower division school Cooper Kupp?

One of these things is not like the other.  One of these kids is not the same...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are comparing Julio Jones, a top 6 pick, 230 lbs 6'4 monster with 4.3 wheels and a Hall of Fame resume, to 6'2 210 4.6 speed 3rd rounder out of a lower division school Cooper Kupp?

One of these things is not like the other.  One of these kids is not the same...

Since the beginning of 2019, their stats are virtually identical and, in standard, Julio has outscored Kupp 10 times and Kupp has outscored Julio 8 times, so yeah, these two can absolutely not be compared because of the colleges they went to.  

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are comparing Julio Jones, a top 6 pick, 230 lbs 6'4 monster with 4.3 wheels and a Hall of Fame resume, to 6'2 210 4.6 speed 3rd rounder out of a lower division school Cooper Kupp?

One of these things is not like the other.  One of these kids is not the same...

Lower division school, but... Julio had 17 TDs in college. Kupp had 81. Yes 81, that's not a typo. 

As a pro, Kupp has scored a TD every 1.9 games. Julio has scored a TD every 2.2 games.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

@ajs1279 @Bastardo

@Bastardo!

Are you saying that if someone offered to trade Julio Jones to you in return for your Cooper Kupp, you would decline?

I did not say that.  I never said that Cooper Kupp was better than Julio.  I was comparing the responses that people have to two football players with very similar stats over their last 18 games.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

@ajs1279 @Bastardo

@Bastardo!

Are you saying that if someone offered to trade Julio Jones to you in return for your Cooper Kupp, you would decline?

As a Kupp owner in dynasty, I would NOT accept Julio for him straight up. In redraft, maybe, but it's really close, especially with Julio clearly hurting. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

As a Kupp owner in dynasty, I would NOT accept Julio for him straight up. In redraft, maybe, but it's really close, especially with Julio clearly hurting. 

Okay thanks for playing bud.  I was hoping you would write something along these lines. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Okay thanks for playing bud.  I was hoping you would write something along these lines. 

I don't think what I said is even hot-takey. Kupp is 4 years younger than Jones and putting up similar numbers. I think trading Kupp straight up for Jones in a dynasty league is an awful idea. 

For redraft, I think it's a fair trade. Again, one guy is going on 32 with a bum hamstring, and the other is right in his prime. There's a chance Julio isn't right much of this season and is already starting to fall off. He's a guy who wins with freakish athleticism, and those types usually don't age well.

Of course, the fantasy community comically underrates Kupp, so in redraft you could still probably get Kupp+ for Jones, for whatever reason. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think what I said is even hot-takey. Kupp is 4 years younger than Jones and putting up similar numbers. I think trading Kupp straight up for Jones in a dynasty league is an awful idea. 

For redraft, I think it's a fair trade. Again, one guy is going on 32 with a bum hamstring, and the other is right in his prime. There's a chance Julio isn't right much of this season and is already starting to fall off. He's a guy who wins with freakish athleticism, and those types usually don't age well.

Of course, the fantasy community comically underrates Kupp, so in redraft you could still probably get Kupp+ for Jones, for whatever reason. 

Keep digging that hole deeper bud.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Kupp always has a better chance to score, but I'd like to play both in a PPR league, if possible, haha. 

Godwin, Kupp, Parker are my starters. Drake is my RB2, Conner my flex, Edelman and Hollywood on bench...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dboy94 said:

Godwin, Kupp, Parker are my starters. Drake is my RB2, Conner my flex, Edelman and Hollywood on bench...

PPR? I'd probably go Godwin, Kupp, Edelman. 

If it's standard, you probably have it right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Outscored Julio in my standard league last year and had three times as many touchdowns as Julio in the second half last year, yet the excuses for Julio never end and the consensus on Kupp is that he's done.  Interesting.

 

That's because Julio has finished in the top 5 for how many consecutive years now? This agenda of yours against Julio is one of the dumbest things I've ever see on this forum...and that's saying a lot. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

 

That's because Julio has finished in the top 5 for how many consecutive years now? This agenda of yours against Julio is one of the dumbest things I've ever see on this forum...and that's saying a lot. 

I expect greatness from my players.  If that's "dumb" to you, then fine.  You go ahead and keep accepting mediocre while I am pushing my players to greater heights.  You really think Randy's 2007 season happens if I'm not there demanding that he be better?  Maybe I should have just patted him on the back after six touchdowns that season and said, "You know what, buddy, you're in the top five-- that's good enough."

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ajs723 said:

By all means, take the older, declining WR who, by the way, put up worse numbers last year. 

Let me spell this out for you--you just typed that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones.  Thus proving your analysis and opinion are worthless.

You are dismissed.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Let me spell this out for you--you just typed that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones.  Thus proving your analysis and opinion are worthless.

You are dismissed.

I said I'd take Kupp over Julio in dynasty. I'm honestly not sure that isn't the consensus. Googled rankings and some have Julio higher, some have Kupp higher. Generally, they're within a spot or two of each other. 

As for redraft, yes I'm higher on Kupp than most. I think with Julio's age and injury, his floor is problematic. If you'd prefer Julio, that's fine. For me, it's very close. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...