Rotoworld.com Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

54 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Outscored Julio in my standard league last year and had three times as many touchdowns as Julio in the second half last year, yet the excuses for Julio never end and the consensus on Kupp is that he's done.  Interesting.

You are comparing Julio Jones, a top 6 pick, 230 lbs 6'4 monster with 4.3 wheels and a Hall of Fame resume, to 6'2 210 4.6 speed 3rd rounder out of a lower division school Cooper Kupp?

One of these things is not like the other.  One of these kids is not the same...

• Haha 1
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are comparing Julio Jones, a top 6 pick, 230 lbs 6'4 monster with 4.3 wheels and a Hall of Fame resume, to 6'2 210 4.6 speed 3rd rounder out of a lower division school Cooper Kupp?

One of these things is not like the other.  One of these kids is not the same...

Since the beginning of 2019, their stats are virtually identical and, in standard, Julio has outscored Kupp 10 times and Kupp has outscored Julio 8 times, so yeah, these two can absolutely not be compared because of the colleges they went to.  

• Haha 4
19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Lower division school, but... Julio had 17 TDs in college. Kupp had 81. Yes 81, that's not a typo. 

As a pro, Kupp has scored a TD every 1.9 games. Julio has scored a TD every 2.2 games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

@ajs1279 @Bastardo

@Bastardo!

Are you saying that if someone offered to trade Julio Jones to you in return for your Cooper Kupp, you would decline?

I did not say that.  I never said that Cooper Kupp was better than Julio.  I was comparing the responses that people have to two football players with very similar stats over their last 18 games.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

@ajs1279 @Bastardo

@Bastardo!

Are you saying that if someone offered to trade Julio Jones to you in return for your Cooper Kupp, you would decline?

As a Kupp owner in dynasty, I would NOT accept Julio for him straight up. In redraft, maybe, but it's really close, especially with Julio clearly hurting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

As a Kupp owner in dynasty, I would NOT accept Julio for him straight up. In redraft, maybe, but it's really close, especially with Julio clearly hurting. 

Okay thanks for playing bud.  I was hoping you would write something along these lines. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Okay thanks for playing bud.  I was hoping you would write something along these lines. 

I don't think what I said is even hot-takey. Kupp is 4 years younger than Jones and putting up similar numbers. I think trading Kupp straight up for Jones in a dynasty league is an awful idea. 

For redraft, I think it's a fair trade. Again, one guy is going on 32 with a bum hamstring, and the other is right in his prime. There's a chance Julio isn't right much of this season and is already starting to fall off. He's a guy who wins with freakish athleticism, and those types usually don't age well.

Of course, the fantasy community comically underrates Kupp, so in redraft you could still probably get Kupp+ for Jones, for whatever reason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think what I said is even hot-takey. Kupp is 4 years younger than Jones and putting up similar numbers. I think trading Kupp straight up for Jones in a dynasty league is an awful idea. 

For redraft, I think it's a fair trade. Again, one guy is going on 32 with a bum hamstring, and the other is right in his prime. There's a chance Julio isn't right much of this season and is already starting to fall off. He's a guy who wins with freakish athleticism, and those types usually don't age well.

Of course, the fantasy community comically underrates Kupp, so in redraft you could still probably get Kupp+ for Jones, for whatever reason. 

Keep digging that hole deeper bud.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Kupp always has a better chance to score, but I'd like to play both in a PPR league, if possible, haha. 

Godwin, Kupp, Parker are my starters. Drake is my RB2, Conner my flex, Edelman and Hollywood on bench...

1 minute ago, Dboy94 said:

Godwin, Kupp, Parker are my starters. Drake is my RB2, Conner my flex, Edelman and Hollywood on bench...

PPR? I'd probably go Godwin, Kupp, Edelman. 

If it's standard, you probably have it right. 

8 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Outscored Julio in my standard league last year and had three times as many touchdowns as Julio in the second half last year, yet the excuses for Julio never end and the consensus on Kupp is that he's done.  Interesting.

That's because Julio has finished in the top 5 for how many consecutive years now? This agenda of yours against Julio is one of the dumbest things I've ever see on this forum...and that's saying a lot. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

That's because Julio has finished in the top 5 for how many consecutive years now? This agenda of yours against Julio is one of the dumbest things I've ever see on this forum...and that's saying a lot. 

I expect greatness from my players.  If that's "dumb" to you, then fine.  You go ahead and keep accepting mediocre while I am pushing my players to greater heights.  You really think Randy's 2007 season happens if I'm not there demanding that he be better?  Maybe I should have just patted him on the back after six touchdowns that season and said, "You know what, buddy, you're in the top five-- that's good enough."

17 hours ago, ajs723 said:

By all means, take the older, declining WR who, by the way, put up worse numbers last year. 

Let me spell this out for you--you just typed that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones.  Thus proving your analysis and opinion are worthless.

You are dismissed.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Let me spell this out for you--you just typed that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones.  Thus proving your analysis and opinion are worthless.

You are dismissed.

I said I'd take Kupp over Julio in dynasty. I'm honestly not sure that isn't the consensus. Googled rankings and some have Julio higher, some have Kupp higher. Generally, they're within a spot or two of each other. 

As for redraft, yes I'm higher on Kupp than most. I think with Julio's age and injury, his floor is problematic. If you'd prefer Julio, that's fine. For me, it's very close.