smeeze

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

18 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think what I said is even hot-takey. Kupp is 4 years younger than Jones and putting up similar numbers. I think trading Kupp straight up for Jones in a dynasty league is an awful idea. 

For redraft, I think it's a fair trade. Again, one guy is going on 32 with a bum hamstring, and the other is right in his prime. There's a chance Julio isn't right much of this season and is already starting to fall off. He's a guy who wins with freakish athleticism, and those types usually don't age well.

Of course, the fantasy community comically underrates Kupp, so in redraft you could still probably get Kupp+ for Jones, for whatever reason. 

Yeah I don't see how people think Kupp is that far away from Julio Jones in a fantasy perspective.  Kupp has proven to be a much bigger red zone target compared to Jones throughout their careers.

Yes dynasty I would rank Kupp higher than Julio as well.  4 years younger with a QB who is 10 years younger.  With a coach who already has integrated him in as a big time red zone target. 

Matt Ryan has peaked.  Goff continues to trend upwards.

Calvin Ridley is going to continue to take more and more production from Julio.  Woods is good but he's not Calvin Ridley good.

Kupp is going to start dropping a couple 30 point games here soon enough.

Edited by Rotocious
  • Thanks 1

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Let me spell this out for you--you just typed that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones. 

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other.

You're putting a lot of words into peoples' mouths here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dynasty players who believe Kupp is better than, or even equal to, Julio Jones long term?

They are mistaken.

Julio Jones is Julio Jonesing...one week he's racking up monster yards and catches (but not TD's), the next he's dealing with an injury. His history tells us he will miss at most a game or two a year, while frequently exploding for huge games through minor ailments. He looks just as Julio-y as ever. 

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Let me spell this out for you--you just typed that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones.  Thus proving your analysis and opinion are worthless.

You are dismissed.

At this point in their careers I don’t think the gap between the two is much honestly.  This isn’t 2015 Julio but you are presenting your case as such.

• Haha 1

Any concerns season long, not the player we’ve seen past years when healthy.

Edited by mjb

10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Let me spell this out for you--you just typed that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones.  Thus proving your analysis and opinion are worthless.

You are dismissed.

Sorry skippy, but that's not even what he wrote. Try actually reading the post you reply to.

Now back to the Julio thread and jerk him off  over there

• Haha 1

Gesicki (8-130-1) and Isaiah Ford(7-76-0) tore up the Bills defense underneath all game. Hoping for similiar numbers from Coop

• Like 1

How do we feel about Kupp’s ROS prospects? I feel like we’ve quickly realized that he has a small chance to come close to repeating what he did last year 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:53 AM, Ryansm11 said:

He’s gonna balllllllll out. Double digit catches and finds the end zone. 

I was damn close. 9 catches and a tuddy

• Like 1

Let me know next time you see Julio do something like this.  

1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

Let me know next time you see Julio do something like this.  

That YAC tho !

It’s a shame the Rams spread the ball out to everyone basically ..

Seems to cap both Kupp & Woods ceiling.

You hate to see it. 

What a strange game in real life. At no point did you think the Giants were going to win. Even when it was 10-9.

Rams just kinda coasted. 

But then Kupp just did that. 

7 minutes ago, Tenner said:

What a strange game in real life. At no point did you think the Giants were going to win. Even when it was 10-9.

Rams just kinda coasted. 

But then Kupp just did that. 

Yeah I started both Woods and Kupp knowing full well this wasn't going to be a pass heavy game, so this was a nice surprise. Woods on the other hand didn't get so lucky

Both Rams receivers pretty much had nothing until that 55 yard play late in the game.

I am very concerned on both Woods and Kupp. Rams are not throwing much, below avg passing game even with sub par running game.

NY Giants was close, if Rams play like this against better teams they will get roasted.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Both Rams receivers pretty much had nothing until that 55 yard play late in the game.

I am very concerned on both Woods and Kupp. Rams are not throwing much, below avg passing game even with sub par running game.

NY Giants was close, if Rams play like this against better teams they will get roasted.

Yeah very disappointing. Goff isn't really great and they clearly want to run the ball. Not really enough targets to go around so you can't expect reliable production from any of these guys. Maybe things turn around here but I would be shopping Kupp right now if I had the chance.

Weeks 10-14, they’ve got Seattle, TB, SF, Arizona, and NE, plus Seattle again week 16...I definitely think they’ll be throwing more the back half of the fantasy season.

WR 17 in PPR. Me thinks some people had their expectations too high. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

WR 17 in PPR. Me thinks some people had their expectations too high. 

I think due to the TDS last year people were thinking more 9-15 range.

Edited by JetsAwesome