smeeze

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

Thoughts on rain today? 

You think this will be a 17-10 game or a 30-20 game?

Sneaky blow up potential for tomorrow's game. 

Keep your 👀's on the prize. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Sneaky blow up potential for tomorrow's game. 

Keep your 👀's on the prize. 

gut feeling ? or something in the matchup?

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

gut feeling ? or something in the matchup?

Just a hunch. 

• Like 1

What’s the reason several experts rank him as a top ten wr play this week against SF? Last year SF held him to 17 yards, 0 td in their first game, and 31 yards, 1 td and fumble in their second game. Are their major injuries or change to SF defense personel?

1 hour ago, alexcuse said:

What’s the reason several experts rank him as a top ten wr play this week against SF? Last year SF held him to 17 yards, 0 td in their first game, and 31 yards, 1 td and fumble in their second game. Are their major injuries or change to SF defense personel?

SFs secondary is a far cry from last year’s unit. They’re literally starting guys off the street. Also all their best DLinemen are injured. Look what Miami did to them last week for reference.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

SFs secondary is a far cry from last year’s unit. They’re literally starting guys off the street. Also all their best DLinemen are injured. Look what Miami did to them last week for reference.

Which means McVay will have to flex his big brain by running the ball instead of doing the obvious, because that is what people expect; them to exploit an obvious weakness.  Rams are #4 in the NFL in rush attempts per game at 33.8.  NE - 35, CLE - 34.4, TEN - 34 are ahead of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Between losing track of the deep ball and the TD drop.... extremely frustrating 

• Thanks 1

Insanely underwhelming, especially for a guy who’s still getting like 7-7-8-10 targets

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Between losing track of the deep ball and the TD drop.... extremely frustrating 

I did not even watch but reading about how s---y he played is extremely frustrating.  However, I am getting use to the fact that this guy is now a shitbag.  

• Haha 1

Rough game, but it was a night of "just misses". Still lead the team in targets again.

Rotoworld is still calling him a WR3. I guess Tyreek Hill, OBJ, DJ Moore and other guys who see similar volume are also WR3s. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Rough game, but it was a night of "just misses". Still lead the team in targets again.

Rotoworld is still calling him a WR3. I guess Tyreek Hill, OBJ, DJ Moore and other guys who see similar volume are also WR3s. 

Not that I condone caring so much about “WRx” labels, but properly tiering a wideout involves more than just “volume.”

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Not that I condone caring so much about “WRx” labels, but properly tiering a wideout involves more than just “volume.”

Coming into tonight, Cooper Kupp has been a WR1 over his last 25 plus games. But sure, one bad game downgrades him to WR3. 

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I see the list you gave sarcastically of WR’s you perceive to be better than WR3 and I got to say, it’s pretty obvious you own DJ Moore because Dj Moore has never been nor will ever be better than a WR3. All the other guys you named are obviously better than WR3, including Cupp, but don’t think you can pretend DJ belongs in that group son. 

Edited by Jrt80
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jrt80 said:

I see the list you gave sarcastically of WR’s you perceive to be better than WR3 and I got to say, it’s pretty obvious you own DJ Moore because Dj Moore has never been nor will ever be better than a WR3. All the other guys you named are obviously better than WR3, including Cupp, but don’t think you can pretend DJ belongs in that group son. 

I have no vested interest in Moore. I guess maybe he doesn't belong with the others because of his lack of redzone production, maybe more of a WR2. Fair enough.

Worse than useless.

So many memories of blow ups, and it’s not like he’s washed.

Just washed out of the game plan enough to not be the target hog he needs to be to blow up.

Benched until further notice.

Edited by Proteus

Highly volatile low-end WR2. You wanna bench him, but he'll go for 25 the week you do (as happened to me the one week I benched him this year). 

Just too many mouths to feed in this offense, and he's not at that elite level where they make a point to get him involved. 

Dud game for sure. But he is still getting endzone looks. But this was a gameflow issue. Niners possessed the ball for 38 minutes. Rams only had 10 drives. 

The Rams D forced no turnovers or help generate momentum for their offense. 

I still have faith in Cupp for 5-7 catches 60-80 yards and better than a 50% chance of TD next week. 

Im also not blessed to have tons of talent to start over him though. 

He had 9 targets. Should have had a 60 yard walk in TD if Goff didn't sail the throw. Should have also had a short TD catch (that one is on him). 

The end result was a dud, but literally everything else about his usage and role was exactly what you want. 

He'll still be getting 8-10 targets per game and tons of red zone looks. 

Panicking is the exact wrong reaction here. This isn't the Mike Evans situation. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He had 9 targets. Should have had a 60 yard walk in TD in Goff didn't sail the throw. Should have also had a short TD catch (that one is on him). 

The end result was a dud, but literally everything else about his usage and role was exactly what you want. 

He'll still be getting 8-10 targets per game and tons of red zone looks. 

Panicking is the exact wrong reaction here. This isn't the Mike Evans situation. 

You're right about the targets, the overthrow, and the drop, but the bottom line is production, and right now he's the WR23. And that's with no bye, others' injuries, and guys like Higgins, Fulghom, Patrick, etc. coming strong.