dontclapGonorrhea

Devin Singletary 2020 Outlook

Seemed to get the vote of confidence, but the draft will tell all with this situation. Had a decent first year, where he produced a decent stat line with Frank the Tank in the picture.

In 12 games he produced finished rb32, so a full season he has a real shot at the top 15.

151 rush attempts 775 yards and 2tds

29 catches on 41 targets for 194 yards with 2 tds

Could have a breakout season, especially with the team adding Diggs, so now teams can't stack the box.

I largely agree with this, but Singletary really didn’t see too many stacked boxes last season.

He was great last year and I think the coaches will trust him at the goaline this year.  Now that Gore is gone.  But you still have the Allen factor who will vulture alot of rushing TD's.  Think where he is getting drafted late 2nd to 3rd round is about right.  That is as long as they don't spend high draft capital on another back.

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

He was great last year and I think the coaches will trust him at the goaline this year.  Now that Gore is gone.  But you still have the Allen factor who will vulture alot of rushing TD's.  Think where he is getting drafted late 2nd to 3rd round is about right.  That is as long as they don't spend high draft capital on another back.

The “Allen factor” also means he will vulture a lot of carries between the 20s and refuse to dump off.  Despite all of that, I do like Singletary this year.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

The “Allen factor” also means he will vulture a lot of carries between the 20s and refuse to dump off.  Despite all of that, I do like Singletary this year.

Devil’s advocate , Allen’s rushing ability also opens up the run game for Singletary. Much like Lamar does for Ingram . 

3 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Could have a breakout season, especially with the team adding Diggs, so now teams can't stack the box.

He didn’t see any stacked boxes , barely if that. Actually according to next gen stats Singletary had the lowest % of 8+ defenders at the line @ 5.3% 

For reference 

Zeke 19.27% 

Ingram :  22.28%

CMC :   23.34%

Kamara:  16.37%

Gurley:  24.22%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I like singletary this year..

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I hate this nickname.  "Da Motor".  

Me too. I actually liked it when it was just “motor”. Adding the “Da” makes it sound stupid.

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Please change thread title so we don’t have to be annoyed by it all season.

5 things to know about running back Devin Singletary

1. They call him 'Motor'

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-running-back-devin-singletary

+ 1 , it’s just an eye sore . Someone reach out to a Mod please. 

7 hours ago, youngrice said:

Agree, if he drops to the 3rd round, that's were I would take him

They've added depth like.......everywhere except RB.   If they somehow dont draft one in the 2nd-4th round, i'd expect a late free agent signing from the vet pool of what's left (Freeman, Hyde, etc).    

I'm pro Singletary as a player- the offense was so much better when he got heavier workloads, but fantasy wise i can't get to early third round.  Expecting at least a moderate timeshare plus Allen's continued TD hogging.   

11 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Agree, if he drops to the 3rd round, that's were I would take him

yahoo has singletary's ADP in the mid-3rd (half-PPR), though they also have fournette there: i like singletary, but i would choose fournette over singletary without hesitation. fantasyfootballcalculator has singletary in round 4 (and fournette in round 2), and he seems like a steal there, despite the plethora of stacked boxes he's sure to see this season.

i imagine the 3rd is more probable, and that we'll see singletary there with miles sanders, todd gurley, allen robinson, amari cooper, and kenny golladay. right now, i like motor there, though if chris carson's hip recovery proves solid i'd go carson over all.

11 hours ago, BrianM said:

They've added depth like.......everywhere except RB.   If they somehow dont draft one in the 2nd-4th round, i'd expect a late free agent signing from the vet pool of what's left (Freeman, Hyde, etc).    

i like TJ yeldon. he's a solid backup with good hands regarding skillset. i imagine he'll eat into singletary's workload moderately (80:20?), used as a COP, but if singletary gets hurt the backfield becomes yeldon's. he's not the fastest man on the field, but he's six inches taller (and twenty pounds heavier) than singletary yet has a faster 40-yard than singletary. 

yeldon wasn't exactly a bust at jacksonville, though he was a second-round pick in 2015 and has never proven NFL durability.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:46 PM, RunCMC said:

Devil’s advocate , Allen’s rushing ability also opens up the run game for Singletary. Much like Lamar does for Ingram . 

He didn’t see any stacked boxes , barely if that. Actually according to next gen stats Singletary had the lowest % of 8+ defenders at the line @ 5.3% 

For reference 

Zeke 19.27% 

I was gonna say....stacked boxes?   He saw almost no stacked boxes in 2019.   Now they have Diggs paired with Smokey to account for on the edges.  

If Singletary manages to avoid a top rookie rb joining him...he’ll be worth a third round pick and then some.    Dobbins in the second is the one I hear a lot.   That kid is a monster talent.   

I think we are 100% adding a RB in the draft. Look at some of the backfield decisions this regime has made throughout their history. They gave Mike Tolbert meaningful touches before. They are going to add 1-2 guys before we get to training camp, if it happens. I'd take Singletary in the mid-3rd. I think he is actually an incredible talent. He plays like he is a smaller Alvin Kamara.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, RunCMC said:

For reference 

Zeke 19.27% 

Yup. Josh Allen at QB has that gravitational pull. Allen opens up his RB. Because of Allen at QB, Singletary faces lowest % of 8-or-more boxes in NFL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, euphoriahbo said:

Yup. Josh Allen at QB has that gravitational pull. Allen opens up his RB. Because of Allen at QB, Singletary faces lowest % of 8-or-more boxes in NFL.

Don’t know about that - Gore saw a ton of stacked boxes.  Singletary?  Hardly any.

I have concerns they draft an even better RB in this deep pool at the draft. Early. 

I like Singletary, but they want to run and they need a bigger back. 

• Like 1

That's wonderful and all, but we are still drafting a running back and maxing out Devin at 15 touches a game.

7 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

That's wonderful and all, but we are still drafting a running back and maxing out Devin at 15 touches a game.

What’s your affiliation with the team?

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

What’s your affiliation with the team?

I don’t know, but I think there’s a good chance you’re affiliated with one of Sanford’s sons.

Probably won't take him at his ADP if they do end up drafting an RB. Even if they stick to him as their main back are you comfortable with the opportunity considering how much Allen likes to run?

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Probably won't take him at his ADP if they do end up drafting an RB. Even if they stick to him as their main back are you comfortable with the opportunity considering how much Allen likes to run?

This is truly a toss-up until after next Thursday-Saturday, which can't come soon enough. I would be shocked if they don't draft at least 1 RB for depth purposes.

Here's the lowdown on what they actually have going into the draft - Diggs took their #1 rounder. There are a bunch of "contingent" picks in the latter rounds as to where in the round they pick:

The wide receiver the Buffalo Bills may have drafted at pick 22 could have developed into a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. Instead of gambling on the unknown, the Bills moved their first round pick, as well as a few day three picks, to acquire Stefon Diggs from the Minnesota Vikings. In doing so, Buffalo now knows that they have the No. 1 wide receiver they need to take the next step on offense.

Following the trade, how many draft picks do the Bills have left in the 2020 NFL Draft? Here’s a breakdown on what we know.

Round 2: 54th overall

Round 3: 86th overall

Round 4: 128th overall

Buffalo parted with their first round pick to add Diggs to the roster, but they kept their day two picks and their first pick on day three. Brandon Beane has consistently gone with the best player available and that should continue here.

Round 5: One of the following - 155th overall (from CLE) or 167th overall

It has not been officially revealed which fifth round pick the Bills have sent to the Vikings. It will either be pick 155, acquired in a trade for OL Wyatt Teller, or Buffalo’s 167th pick. NYUP will update this article when specifics are made known, but the team still has one fifth round pick.

Round 6: Two of the following - 188th overall (from CLE), 201st overall or 207th overall (from BAL through NE)

Buffalo entered free agency with three sixth round picks. The Bills had their own pick, a sixth round selection from the Teller trade and a sixth round pick acquired from the Patriots in the Russell Bodine trade. One of these picks will be moved to Minnesota, but Buffalo will still have two sixth round selections.

Round 7: One of the following - 219, 239, 249, 253

Minnesota had fourth seventh round picks entering Monday. One of the picks above will be sent to the Bills.

In total, Buffalo will have seven picks in April’s draft.

• Like 1