dontclapGonorrhea

Devin Singletary 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

I don’t know, but I think there’s a good chance you’re affiliated with one of Sanford’s sons.

Following the team for my entire existence and also remembering that this coaching staff has given Mike Tolbert and Frank Gore meaningful carries while they occupied backfields with supremely talented running backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Singletary this upcoming season, will be a solid option easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 Fantasy Football Rankings: Model that beat experts says draft Devin Singletary

”Singletary ran for 15 yards or more on 7.3 percent of his carries in 2019, good for the third-best breakaway run rate in the NFL.“


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-fantasy-football-rankings-model-that-beat-experts-says-draft-devin-singletary-avoid-devante-parker/amp/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he continues the momentum he developed during the last few weeks of the season he generated last year, he’ll be a steal regardless of whether they draft another RB.  His touches soared down the stretch in 2019.  And he proved more than capable of handling the expanded workload.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moss to Buffalo. Dont think he's much of a threat to Singletary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was a high volume guy in college, so he's probably capable of a role right away.   I was expecting this, I'm probably out on Singletary now.  Devin's going to have a good, efficient season, but i just think he'll be overdrafted and frustrating to own at times.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrianM said:

He was a high volume guy in college, so he's probably capable of a role right away.   I was expecting this, I'm probably out on Singletary now.  Devin's going to have a good, efficient season, but i just think he'll be overdrafted and frustrating to own at times.   

 

I mean its was obvious they were going to draft a RB Im just glad it wasnt Dillion or Dobbins. Moss is more of a Gus Edwards type RB. I think Singletary will still be a solid RB2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had no youth at DE so it made sense to go there in round 2 instead of Dobbins, but man, imagine that one-two punch if they did it. 

Singletary's almost certainly the better receiver here, so that'll help him.  I think they'll keep Yeldon through the summer just in case someone gets hurt, but i doubt he makes the final roster.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Evincar said:

 

I mean its was obvious they were going to draft a RB Im just glad it wasnt Dillion or Dobbins. Moss is more of a Gus Edwards type RB. I think Singletary will still be a solid RB2.

Agreed.   He’s the new frank gore.  Grind out the tough yards and give DS a break.   There are very few teams who won’t use 2 or more backs regularly in todays nfl.   This was best case scenario for confirming Singletarys role.  250ish touches incoming.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BrianM said:

They had no youth at DE so it made sense to go there in round 2 instead of Dobbins, but man, imagine that one-two punch if they did it. 

Singletary's almost certainly the better receiver here, so that'll help him.  I think they'll keep Yeldon through the summer just in case someone gets hurt, but i doubt he makes the final roster.  

 


Singletary is not a better receiver than Moss. But it’s moot, bc Allen doesn’t target RBs much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, joshua18 said:


Singletary is not a better receiver than Moss. But it’s moot, bc Allen doesn’t target RBs much.

 No doubt either can bring it in.. but DS is far more elusive in space.   Moss is a pinballing banger-  nothing more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the various RBs whose fantasy value was torpedoed yesterday I like Singletary the most.

Moss will vulture some TDs but aside from that I still think the offense runs mostly through him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Of the various RBs whose fantasy value was torpedoed yesterday I like Singletary the most.

Moss will vulture some TDs but aside from that I still think the offense runs mostly through him.


Moss may very well be better than him. Neither is a great athlete. Moss is the much better receiver and is a comparable runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joshua18 said:


Moss may very well be better than him. Neither is a great athlete. Moss is the much better receiver and is a comparable runner.

He may be, but the team showed trust in Singletary down the stretch, they've got a great defense and they like to run the ball quite a bit.  Good enough reasons for me not to sweat Moss too much yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

He may be, but the team showed trust in Singletary down the stretch, they've got a great defense and they like to run the ball quite a bit.  Good enough reasons for me not to sweat Moss too much yet.


he’s nowhere near the runner DS is.   He’s a plodding pounder.  Good for a safe dumpoff or short yards.   He’s the38 year old version of Frank Gore reborn in a younger body.  
 

Singletarys vision and elusiveness was very impressive last season.  

Edited by Impreza178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:


he’s nowhere near the runner DS is.   He’s a plodding pounder.  Good for a safe dumpoff or short yards.   He’s the38 year old version of Frank Gore reborn in a younger body.  
 

Singletarys vision and elusiveness was very impressive last season.  

They "eye test" thing isn't as important for me as the fact that they used him as a starter down the stretch when they won some critical games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

They "eye test" thing isn't as important for me as the fact that they used him as a starter down the stretch when they won some critical games.


They believed in Singletary so much they spent a top-100 pick on competition for him. They don’t see Singletary as a bellcow RB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, joshua18 said:


They believed in Singletary so much they spent a top-100 pick on competition for him. They don’t see Singletary as a bellcow RB.

So did the Packers but I think Aaron Jones is safe.  There are like 7 or 8 "bellcow backs" left in the league.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joshua18 said:


They believed in Singletary so much they spent a top-100 pick on competition for him. They don’t see Singletary as a bellcow RB.

 

They needed depth behind Singletary and Yeldon.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

So did the Packers but I think Aaron Jones is safe.


Jones is in a contract year. Big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joshua18 said:


Jones is in a contract year. Big difference.

I can't imagine him them letting him walk for AJ Dillion anymore than I could imagine Moss carving out a larger role than Frank Gore had down the stretch for the Bill's last year.  If you can that's cool.  Agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

So did the Packers but I think Aaron Jones is safe.  

I don’t. Jones fantasy success last year was tied largely to his TDs. Packers just drafted a 6’ 247lb power back in the second round. You think they might use him at the goal line instead of pounding the relatively smallish Jones? 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I don’t. Jones fantasy success last year was tied largely to his TDs. Packers just drafted a 6’ 247lb power back in the second round. You think they might use him at the goal line instead of pounding the relatively smallish Jones? 

Probably not the thread for this, but not enough to mitigate me seeing him as a solid RB1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I don’t. Jones fantasy success last year was tied largely to his TDs. Packers just drafted a 6’ 247lb power back in the second round. You think they might use him at the goal line instead of pounding the relatively smallish Jones? 


They needed a new MLB.   And maybe AJD can play some fullback 

 

👀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:


They believed in Singletary so much they spent a top-100 pick on competition for him. They don’t see Singletary as a bellcow RB.

 

Yeldon might get cut. They needed another RB. Plenty of teams drafted RBs despite not needing them.

 

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:


Singletary is not a better receiver than Moss. But it’s moot, bc Allen doesn’t target RBs much.

 

Singletary caught 29 passes in 12 games. No reason he cant get at least 40 this season if he stays healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.